Hudson sliding down the depth chart?

aubiefifty

Just now, W.E.D said:

Not sure how they are wrong? 

It's a hat. You guys kill me. You whine when the guy ask not to report on absences but get upset when he throws a hat to you. My goodness grown ass men. Just don’t accept the hat. But yet this guy is bragging about beating Gus Malzhan in ping pong, yet lecturing about professional boundaries .

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

It's a hat. You guys kill me. You whine when the guy ask not to report on absences but get upset when he throws a hat to you. My goodness grown ass men. Just don’t accept the hat. But yet this guy is bragging about beating Gus Malzhan in ping pong, yet lecturing about professional boundaries .

Didn't ever whine, just said it was pointless which ended up being true bc day 1 word got out. Nor did I about this, just mentioned it's odd

Idk what you're talking about ping pong, but having team gear when you're a "journalist" is a but odd. I ddi edit my post to say it isn't the worst thing in the world. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Didn't ever whine, just said it was pointless which ended up being true bc day 1 word got out. Nor did I about this, just mentioned it's odd

Idk what you're talking about ping pong, but having team gear when you're a "journalist" is a but odd. I ddi edit my post to say it isn't the worst thing in the world. 

He did whine . He went on Twitter and said he is not being professional and misguided. What? Then be the first goofy smiling in his face trying to get a quote. That is clown behavior and if you are co-signing it, you are just as much as clown too. Now I know why some of these coaches are just straight up pricks to these dudes. Might as well not deal with them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

If Saban had done this, half the group would have asked to have it autographed.  

• Like 6

Not trying to take away from this thread . Just reinforces why the media can be a straight up joke sometimes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He did whine . He went on Twitter and said he is not being professional and misguided. What? Then be the first goofy smiling in his face trying to get a quote. That is clown behavior and if you are co-signing it, you are just as much as clown too. Now I know why some of these coaches are just straight up pricks to these dudes. Might as well not deal with them. 

You said "you guys" so figured you meant here. 

Idk, find me numerous other examples of coaches giving media team gear. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao

What a freaking dork. He's acting like Harsin mailed him gift wrapped AU manties and a box of Cubans.

He threw baseball caps at them.

I mean sheesh, really, keep it as a momento of a school you covered. If I was in their shoes, I would do that very thing. It would be something awesome to look back at the places you've been, worked, etc, but that's just me. It has nothing to do with being a fan.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

You said "you guys" so figured you meant here. 

Idk, find me numerous other examples of coaches giving media team gear. 

Why? Who gives a crap what other coaches are doing ? Who cares? I am going to say this once again. They didn’t have to accept the hat and just moved on with their day. This is so silly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why? Who gives a crap what other coaches are doing ? Who cares? I am going to say this once again. They didn’t have to accept the hat and just moved on with their day. This is so silly.

If it's normal practice it's not odd. Of no one does it and one does, it's odd behavior. 

Seems most didn't accept it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were, in a way, shaming fellow "journalists" who accepted it. Paper guys probably think of themselves a bit differently than rivals/247 beat writers. Most are probably auburn grads in the latter 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I agree but I feel this being auburn board guys shouldn't be so strong to push a narrative. At least let some proof come out, a pattern. Literally nobody even said well if we're saying there was a problem with drops last year (I personally didn't notice anymore drops than you see in a year) this is literally an entire different group. Nobody even have any starts. This group doesn't deserve that. 

Comments saying it was a problem last year makes sense how even if it was true? Different players, different coaches, different scheme......etc

Now do this, imagine if it were stories saying Bo threw an off pass can he ever be consistent? It would be a fit, and in that example it would at least be the same guy returning, but that would still be bull. 

And lastly my problem is why would we damage ourselves? Start putting all this unwarranted pressure on ourselves why? It's a fine line in making things optimal for your players and make them accountable for EVERYTHING. 

I said this just stating my opinion, I don't want you to think I'm fussing at you or anything. I know me and you are cool and on the same page. I don't want other people to read it and get their feelings hurt.

I totally agree man. After all the fussing in the other thread about it, this “article” states that he dropped “a pass” in front of them that day. A. Pass.

No worries bud, we are on the same page with this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

If Saban had done this, half the group would have asked to have it autographed.  

This is true and would have cried if they did not get one

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Looks like we got us another'n.

This dork is currently getting disemboweled by AU Twitter. (Green, not Goodman.)

hell i like it. and for all we know gus might have had a feud or two with some reporters and coach harsin is just trying to let them know he appreciates them and went out of his way to show them. again i like it.

• Like 1

Class 

• Like 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

If it's normal practice it's not odd. Of no one does it and one does, it's odd behavior. 

Seems most didn't accept it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were, in a way, shaming fellow "journalists" who accepted it. Paper guys probably think of themselves a bit differently than rivals/247 beat writers. Most are probably auburn grads in the latter 

I don’t care about the odd behavior . I am laughing at the fact that this goof is questioning his professional. But apparently the tea is coming out on that reporter. It’s legit drama, created by our own media members. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I drop a pass almost 50 years ago playing against Coffee Yellow Jackets still won .

How did that happen with no facemask to block your vision?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

How did that happen with no facemask to block your vision?

Well smart guy even Jim Thope drop a pass or two. Old Jimmy could drink with the best of them

• Haha 2

Most football reporters take themselves way too seriously and love to interject themselves into the coverage. This isn't a journalism class. I don't need to hear about your ethics. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

don’t care about the odd behavior

Ok. That's what I've commented on from the beginning. If you don't care idk why we still talking about it. That's all my comment was. 

And it doesn't really matter. 

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am laughing at the fact that this goof is questioning his professional. But apparently the tea is coming out on that reporter. It’s legit drama, created by our own media members

The media is dumb, don't disagree. They don't mean anything wrt our season. 

Is tossing a guy a hat really crossing some professional boundary? If a freaking hat would affect a guy’s objectivity I would question how objective he was to begin with. I mean, the guy is a sports beat writer, he’s not covering human rights violations in a country and the dictator is trying to wine and dine him. What a self-important douchebag. No wonder print is almost dead if this is the caliber of thought of the “journalists” out there

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ok. That's what I've commented on from the beginning. If you don't care idk why we still talking about it. That's all my comment was. 

And it doesn't really matter. 

The media is dumb, don't disagree. They don't mean anything wrt our season. 

Because you went out your way to quote me And then you continuously quoted me. So I responded.That’s how this works. 

Edited by DAG