Blame game goes on without end

aubiefifty

9 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

No idea why Holland is on this list. Ellis Johnson's comments are the epitome of coachspeak. It's not like he then writes "And Holland went on to play in the NFL..." 🤷

Exactly. Holland just happened to be on the team that won the SECCG and played in the BCSCG. He wasn’t a reason why. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No one and I mean no one got more blame then Neiko Thorpe. God I don't know how he took it and the kid has played in the NFL 8 years.

I know this pre-internet, but do you remember Jerry Beasley, Terry's younger brother?  He was always good for giving up at least 1 touchdown per game.

8 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

This whole piece sounds like it was contrived by Marshall to enable himself to make excuses for Bo without just coming out and saying so because he knows he would get slammed if he did.

This has become a common theme for Marshall. He wants fans to behave, calm their emotions and not blame anyone over losing to the likes of 2016 Georgia, 2017 LSU and 2018 Tennessee. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Cole.  Poor Jeremy Johnson was crucified on this forum. 😬 I had just joined and I was shocked about how this kid was talked about.  I will confess, I did buy into all of that talk about him being afraid to be hit. There needed to be some kind of explanation. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know the truth about it and I doubt anyone in here back then had personal knowledge either.  He was a good kid, though not a successful quarterback.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Exactly. Holland just happened to be on the team that won the SECCG and played in the BCSCG. He wasn’t a reason why. 

EVERYONE on that team contributed to the success they had. EVERYONE. What a bone-headed thing to say. Shame on you.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ahhh another poor guy piece.... How about you shouldn't be personally insulting ANY player? How about ALL the guys that dealt with things they shouldn't have. There's not a person that's been more disrespected than Jeremy Johnson was on this board.

But yeah Bo is so mistreated, he's the only guy that had to endure Gus.....

Yes, yes I remember all of those games Jeremy Johnson picked up the team and carried them on his back to numerous victories. I mean, he even had his own art at the Hail Mary pass. I wonder why Phillip Marshall didn’t mention him? Do you think there is anything more to it?

How is Jeremy doing back in high school? Maybe you could give us an update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, saminbama said:

I know this pre-internet, but do you remember Jerry Beasley, Terry's younger brother?  He was always good for giving up at least 1 touchdown per game.

I don't think Jerry Beasley could cover me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

EVERYONE on that team contributed to the success they had. EVERYONE. What a bone-headed thing to say. Shame on you.

If the defense had played a notch better, and not just Dee Ford, we would have won the 2013 National Championship. No shame in my game hun. It's the damn truth.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, yes I remember all of those games Jeremy Johnson picked up the team and carried them on his back to numerous victories. I mean, he even had his own art at the Hail Mary pass. I wonder why Phillip Marshall didn’t mention him? Do you think there is anything more to it?

How is Jeremy doing back in high school? Maybe you could give us an update.

Idiots like this prove my point. He dislikes him somuch as if he didn't play for Auburn, literally roots against him, of course he does the same for some other QB's but be damned if you say Bo needs to straighten his feet up.......sad

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yeah, Cole.  Poor Jeremy Johnson was crucified on this forum. 😬 I had just joined and I was shocked about how this kid was talked about.  I will confess, I did buy into all of that talk about him being afraid to be hit. There needed to be some kind of explanation. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know the truth about it and I doubt anyone in here back then had personal knowledge either.  He was a good kid, though not a successful quarterback.  

What he had to endure I'm sure there were some mental stuff for him to deal with, this board doesn't allow anything close to what it did back then. It used to get pretty ugly, not so much now

11 hours ago, saminbama said:

Sure I do he came to AU as a running back but was moved to DB his soph year. 

Of all the new exciting things to write about like the staff, lineups, game day prep, etc. etc. this is what this person chose to print. Rolling my eyes.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, creed said:

Of all the new exciting things to write about like the staff, lineups, game day prep, etc. etc. this is what this person chose to print. Rolling my eyes.

You didn't expect much more did you? It is painfully apparent that he is no longer an insider given the amount of fluff he has put out singe the previous regime left.

• Like 3

This is pretty much a worthless article written by PAM.  Fans are always going to be critical of players.  Some might end up being pretty good, King Dunlap was another player that was criticized pretty heavily and he had a multiple career in the NFL.  Some might end up being pretty bad and the fans actually got it right (certain player on that list).

Fans are always going to be on the extremes.  Some will be over critical, some will make excuses, some will try to be in the middle.  Most ITT are falling into those 3 right now.

Trying to control fans emotional reaction to their favorite team not being good enough is just a stupid point to take.  PAM has never written an article critical of a player or coaching decision?  I doubt it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Which player do I need to blame for that garbage article?  

Apparently Bo Nix

• Like 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn straight it was numnuts

ok i will bite......how do you know birds nuts are numb?

• Haha 2

I'm so ready for some Auburn football, the Brian Harsin era and much less bickering and negativity from Auburn folks.  I'm ready for a new attitude to permeate the entirety of Auburn sports and their fans.  War Damn Eagle! 

Gosh, I don't remember Slade getting any blowback from fans. A lot of the negativity starts when fans' expectations of a player or the team are too high in the first place. So much hype and media coverage puts a ton of pressure to perform on these kids who are mostly 18-22 years old. 

Then again, nobody really listens to Phillip Marshall do they? 

17 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm so ready for some Auburn football, the Brian Harsin era and much less bickering and negativity from Auburn folks.  I'm ready for a new attitude to permeate the entirety of Auburn sports and their fans.  War Damn Eagle! 

Unfortunately, actual football games just brings on different types of bickering, negativity, and discussions.  That's never going to go away.

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Gosh, I don't remember Slade getting any blowback from fans. A lot of the negativity starts when fans' expectations of a player or the team are too high in the first place. So much hype and media coverage puts a ton of pressure to perform on these kids who are mostly 18-22 years old. 

Then again, nobody really listens to Phillip Marshall do they? 

I honestly don't remember any anger towards Slade on any of the boards I was on between 2010 and 2014.  He was an OK player, nothing amazing, nothing awful.

PM is seemingly over hyping his NFL success as well.  He's been a pretty much a practice squad player for like 90% of his 7 year career.  I mean, god for him he's still making like 150-200k a year doing what he loves, but it's not like he left Auburn and was King Dunlap who started at LT for multiple years

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Let’s just remember to attack poor play and not the players personally.  That is mainly done here.  

This is so simple. Both sides, don't attack personally, understand talking about play isn't a attack

• Like 1