J'ville St. vs. FSU

bootskii

Anyone catch that last play by J'ville St. with 6 seconds left on the clock to score the winning TD. Amazing way to end a game. What in the heck was the FSU D thinking.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Here's the link: 

RIP fsu's program

Haha. Did you see the graphic had assumed FSU would win? It had the records of 0-2 for JSU and 1-1 for FSU before they switched it

• Haha 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Haha. Did you see the graphic had assumed FSU would win? It had the records of 0-2 for JSU and 1-1 for FSU before they switched it

Lol good catch! I didn't even notice that.

Wow. I didn't watch any football this weekend but if I had known what was gonna happen with Texas at Arkansas and JSU at Florida State, I'd have made sure to find a stream. So happy for JSU!

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

The look on the cheerleaders faces..

That's the best part of the whole video.  It won't be long until it's all over the internet...

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I saw it.

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/09/what-theyre-saying-following-jacksonville-states-shocking-upset-of-florida-state.html

What they’re saying following Jacksonville State’s shocking upset of Florida State

Jacksonville State

Jacksonville State players celebrate after a 20-17 win in an NCAA college football game against Florida State on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021, in Tallahassee, Fla. (AP Photo/Phil Sears)AP

Jacksonville State’s stunning 20-17 victory over Florida State in Tallahassee capped a wild Saturday of college football, and as you might expect the game was the talk of the sport well into the early morning hours.

Zerrick Cooper hit Damond Philyaw-Johnson with a 59-yard touchdown pass on the game’s final play to give the Gamecocks (1-1) their first victory over a Power 5 school since a 49-48 win at Ole Miss in 2010. For the Seminoles (0-2) it was the first loss to an FCS school in program history. (Wrong: FSU lost to FCS AT THE TIME Southern Miss in 1959. Worst loss in program history? Possibly. Worst loss in 62 years? No doubt.)

Here’s video of the play, in case you didn’t see it:

First, let’s hear from the coaches …

Jacksonville State coach John Grass

“You’ve got to play at a certain level execution-wise in these type games and we did that night. We missed a chance to score on the same play before. Damond was open and we missed him and we decided to do it again.

“He beat his man, Zerrick made a perfect throw, he made a great cut down there and Ahmad (Edwards) made a big block and got him in the end zone.”

Florida State coach Mike Norvell

“Congratulations to Jacksonville State. I did not have our team ready to play today. We definitely did not play in any way to the standard that what we are capable of. Penalties, self-inflicted mistakes; 100 percent on me. I did not have the guys ready to go and that will be fixed.”

The agony …

And the ecstasy:

Norvell’s explanation on for the defensive breakdown on the final play was a head-scratcher, though:

Florida State’s radio call was an all-timer. While play-by-play man Gene Deckerhoff held it together, analyst William Floyd — a former Seminoles and NFL fullback — couldn’t hide his disgust. It sounds as if he threw down his headset after the game-winning touchdown:

And the last word, from the great 3 Year Letterman:

Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.

Edited by DKW 86

And this by a team that was shutout by UAB last week....same UAB team that got their eyes beat out by UGA's backup QB yesterday.

Of course, this was almost us a few years ago.  Peyton Barber pulled our arses out of the fire that day against JSU!