Penn St. Score Prediction

tbone1430

Got a feeling both defenses will have the edge early with adrenaline pumping. Feel like the game can go two ways. Bo steps up, the offensive line is serviceable, and our defense smothers them. If that’s the case it’s 24-17 good guys. If Bo plays like he normally does at away games it’s gonna be a long game. Our defense does good but our offense can’t answer. 20-13 PSU. 

I'm concerned about that Akron #2 QB completing 13 of 13 passes against us. That seems to have been overlooked in all the excitement. Assuming we aren't still going to be that soft in the secondary, I think we have too much speed for them. AU 31-20.

Unless, of course, we have to leave some key players behind in Auburn for the reason that cannot be mentioned. That could change things.

Feels like both teams are relatively even, but I worry a lot about our O line vs a very good PSU D line.

All I really want though is a competitive performance in a big game on the road.  Been a long time since that has happened.

PSU 24

AU 20

I'll be more than happy to eat crow if we somehow pull out a win though.

• Like 1

It’s gonna come down to the lines. If you can run on us that will give us fits. The question mark for our defense coming into the year was our front 7. Departures and injuries left a lot of questions but after 2 weeks the outlook is much more positive. Our secondary is one of the best in the country. 3 future draft picks with 2 of them having projections from last year. Our safety was a preseason AA and the 2 corners are lockdown. I’m not worried about you passing on us. I think we’re gonna surprise you with our receivers and rb’s. I have the final at:

Penn State 24

Auburn 10

Hoping for a great game regardless. For those traveling enjoy one of the great college towns 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Feels like both teams are relatively even, but I worry a lot about our O line vs a very good PSU D line.

All I really want though is a competitive performance in a big game on the road.  Been a long time since that has happened.

PSU 24

AU 20

I'll be more than happy to eat crow if we somehow pull out a win though.

image.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Auburn 27

PSU      17

Speed will be hard to overcome for Penn State at times and while they will have moments I feel we are better prepared than in years past. It will be tough road win or home win depending on which side you are on but I like Auburn in this one. 

I'm thinking something like 19 -13 AU. I think its going to be a defensive slug fest. And i just hope our defense is better than theirs. And i hope we don't have to many bone headed throws like we saw on that first drive against AL St. A pick 6 for Penn St on the opening drive could easily lead to a blow out and that would be tough to watch. Time for our OL to prove themselves in this one!

I have a hard time seeing Penn State score more than 17 points.  I also have a hard time seeing Auburn not score at least 24-28 pts.  These weak teams have me confused on what Auburn will look like against good competition.

Auburn 28

Penn State 17

Auburn covers the line. Go with the Under.

PSU - 20

AU - 19

AU secondary allows too many dinks and dunks, leading to 2 scores by air on good runs after short passes.  PSU defense is legit in the red zone.  Carlson is the games leading scorer.

I think this is a low scoring game as well.  I can't see the AU D being less than the Wis D.

17-13 - AU

Like many others, just hoping for a good game.  If it is not a good game then let it be a blowout in AU's favor hahahahaha

I could see this game playing out in several different ways.  The truth is we won’t know what we’ve really got until this game is played.

Maybe the Secondary has been playing soft because of the level of competition, just keeping everything in front of them, knowing they cant score. Maybe our OL is better, maybe not.   Maybe Bo has overcome his nagging issues, maybe not.  Maybe we finally have some pass rushers.  We’ll get some answers Saturday night.   

AU - 13

PSU - 10