Go to the Damn Games

Zeek

We have to start selling out every game regardless of the opponent. That's part of taking the next step from good to great. If you live in or near Auburn please go to the damn games especially when they're this cheap.

638862218_Screenshot2021-09-2211_43_41AM.png.762adba0d8a0ea4c21d02d0096fc1ec0.png

We're talking about $15 for good seats in the lower bowl. Come on now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

I wish I was closer I would be at them all!

Same here. Got around 4 hours to get there (not bad but not easily done every other week).

Still pretty disappointing the fan-base did not sell out the first game back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hopefully it will be better when we play a good opponent

I'm sure but that's kind of my point. We should fill that thing every single time. If they can't then Auburn needs to figure something out as far as promoting the games and bringing in groups if necessary. Find some companies and make deals with tickets or something. I don't care but JHS needs to be one of these stadiums that has a sell-out streak.

• Like 1

We have 8 season tickets between my family. Any that won't be used we give away. We used to have to pick 1 game to go to as we all fought over em, but now that me and my cousins have moved away, had kids etc. Gets harder to go

Isn't every game "sold out" though and these are through secondary market?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I'm sure but that's kind of my point. We should fill that thing every single time. If they can't then Auburn needs to figure something out as far as promoting the games and bringing in groups if necessary. Find some companies and make deals with tickets or something. I don't care but JHS needs to be one of these stadiums that has a sell-out streak.

Gotcha. Once we get rolling I don't think it'll be too hard but yeah we should. I went to the fla st/Notre Dame game and it was rocking. Of course Notre Dame was a top ten team but it was a sight

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You want this?  Bring in better opponents.  Its pretty simple.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

We have 8 season tickets between my family. Any that won't be used we give away. We used to have to pick 1 game to go to as we all fought over em, but now that me and my cousins have moved away, had kids etc. Gets harder to go

Isn't every game "sold out" though and these are through secondary market?

These are secondary market but Saturday is not sold out.  Plenty left on AU's official ticket site.

• Thanks 1

We try to hit one or two every year but as kids grow so do schedules. That's the hard part. I have spent the last 13 years at ball parks and soccer fields so we have to pick out just the right game that fits. Heck this weekend my daughter plays softball against AU Sunday and we will be there. We would love to be there Saturday as well but lump in a hotel and boarding three dogs and suddenly those $15 tickets turn into a $500 trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a product of scheduling. Look at next year’s schedule and years past. When you start out with three cupcakes at home families make it to one of those but people arent going to go to all three. I agree, we need to sell out but its just weird timing this year. For us- we didnt go on a vacation this year- went to the ASU game, and are gonna go down to the beach for a couple of days this weekend. 

Another message id like to get to the PTB- need to get rid of some of the corporate areas and allows folks to tailgate closer to the stadium. We used to tailgate right across from the athletics building under a pecan tree, then we moved into the bull pasture when they made that area available and turned our area into a lot. Now that area is something you have to buy into. You used to be able to park from Samford all the way down to Wire. Then jay jacobs put up posts everywhere. Just forced people out to RV lots where they watch from the comfort of their site. 

• Like 3

Wish I lived close enough to go to more than one per season. I'd definitely be a season ticket holder if I was based anywhere within a 150 mile radius of Auburn. 

This is a growing problem for almost all football programs.

Look here https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282810

Ohio State, a top 10 team competing for championships every year had a home game against Tulsa and only had an announced attendance of 75% or 76,000 of the 102,000 seats. 

75-80% of the stadium filled seems to be pretty common among a lot of top teams playing weak OOC at home. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 5

Going to games is such a better experience than watching on TV. However, CFB needs to try to follow baseball’s lead in fan experience. I know CFB team’s have tighter budgets but still. 

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is a growing problem for almost all football programs.

Look here https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282810

Ohio State, a top 10 team competing for championships every year had a home game against Tulsa and only had an announced attendance of 75% or 76,000 of the 102,000 seats. 

75-80% of the stadium filled seems to be pretty common among a lot of top teams playing weak OOC at home. 

People still concerned with Covid I bet.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

100%.  I wouldn't go to a game.  My favorite band is playing Sunday night and even w/ proof of vaccine or negative PCR test I'm not standing in that environment shoulder to shoulder.  Don't want to derail the whole thread in covid discussion though.

50 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You want this?  Bring in better opponents.  Its pretty simple.

Yup.  These games are good to take your young kid to.  Unless I was local, I wouldn't make any trip for a non-contest blowout

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Its not the pimary reason.  Attendance has been slowly declining for a while now because the TV experience is quite good and folks are tired of paying for bad games.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I went to the Fla st/Notre Dame game and my mom was not happy

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Wish I lived close enough to go to more than one per season. I'd definitely be a season ticket holder if I was based anywhere within a 150 mile radius of Auburn. 

Dirty secret: Season tickets are a ripoff.  You can almost always find cheaper or free tickets on gameday outside the stadium.

Worst case is face value for a big game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Unless I was local, I wouldn't make any trip for a non-contest blowout

I have to agree.  I'm not local and not about to make that drive for GA State, ASU or Akron.  The home conference games should most definitely be sellouts btw.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

We have to start selling out every game regardless of the opponent. That's part of taking the next step from good to great. If you live in or near Auburn please go to the damn games especially when they're this cheap.

638862218_Screenshot2021-09-2211_43_41AM.png.762adba0d8a0ea4c21d02d0096fc1ec0.png

We're talking about $15 for good seats in the lower bowl. Come on now.

Jacobs used to catch hell for it, but he usually found a way to get the tickets into the hands of someone or some group.  Are we still doing that?