Arkansas

Zeek

Just now, BornAU76 said:

They almost did, but instead we threw $$ on the fire that turned into a flaming bag of poo.

Man I still wish he would have left then 🥲 what if scenario and I wonder where we would be?

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

How about when they refused to let us have Tiger Walk.   But now, they have copied another Auburn tradition,  and do  a pregame walk.  

Don’t most college football teams do this? Wasn’t sure how/when it started though.

8 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Don’t most college football teams do this? Wasn’t sure how/when it started though.

The AU tradition began in the  early 1960s when groups of kids would walk up the street to greet the team and get autographs.   It grew quickly.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, bogdonovich said:

Sam will do this tonight:

Bud Kilmer- Ritual slaughter - YouTube

Harsin won't. This is the SEC. YOu have to sell your soul to the devil to win. 

Nope. You never have to sell your soul to accomplish something. Sure some do, but they aren’t really winning, are they?  Does Saban look like he’s winning really?  One of the most miserable people I’ve ever seen. He exudes misery every single time he’s on tv. Dabo Sweeney always praises God. He looks happy and doesn’t belittle everyone around him. Pretty simple actually. 

It has been a while since I posted here, but I see both confidence and lack of confidence from posters. There is justification from both camps. My take is that we are a better team than given credit for if we will go out and prove it. If we can get a solid running game going, we have a great chance to win this game. Talent wise, we are as good or better than the pigs. I think we can pass the ball well against them. I think in the past with early games against the pigs, we have done well.  I am going to take the glass half full attitude on this game and say we will win 31-28 in a shoot out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I don't think Arkansas is going to experience the 11:00 kick hangover. These guys are going to be ready to play. Hope we bring the same intensity. 

I think Arky is plenty use to playing at 11:00 for it not to be a factor for them. On the other hand....I struggle to remember an 11:00 kickoff that we looked sharp.

Good guys win this one 27-20. The fine people at Aufamily get the rest of the day to bask in the glow. The s***ty people on here do too!

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Good guys win this one 27-20. The fine people at Aufamily get the rest of the day to bask in the glow. The s***ty people on here do too!

Bask for two weeks.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed

I’m going with 30-17. Mostly based on Arky having a less than stellar defense  and our defense matching up well against their offense. 

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, woodford said:

If Arkansas thinks they got robbed, try having Gus for nearly a decade. Now that’s robbery. 

Well, if you look at their past 10 years versus ours I can guarantee they’d happily swap. I’m glad Gus is gone and felt certain he was a horrible hire the day we hired him. However it appears us hiring him and Arky hiring Bielema sent us down a better path than them. Of course we could have done better, but they likely would have gotten MALzahn and been better off than they have been, albeit maybe not by much. 

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Well, if you look at their past 10 years versus ours I can guarantee they’d happily swap. I’m glad Gus is gone and felt certain he was a horrible hire the day we hired him. However it appears us hiring him and Arky hiring Bielema sent us down a better path than them. Of course we could have done better, but they likely would have gotten MALzahn and been better off than they have been, albeit maybe not by much. 

I mostly joking but had Gus gone to Arkansas we probably would’ve gotten Kirby. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I mostly joking but had Gus gone to Arkansas we probably would’ve gotten Kirby. Who knows. 

Yes but would we still have him? I doubt it. 

7 hours ago, woodford said:

If Arkansas won that game last year then they would’ve scored more points. If you couldn’t beat Auburn in 2020 then you weren’t good at football. Those are the facts. 

They did beat auburn. Though. The refs beat Arkansas. 

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Nope. You never have to sell your soul to accomplish something. Sure some do, but they aren’t really winning, are they?  Does Saban look like he’s winning really?  One of the most miserable people I’ve ever seen. He exudes misery every single time he’s on tv. Dabo Sweeney always praises God. He looks happy and doesn’t belittle everyone around him. Pretty simple actually. 

Jebus and Gawd are Auburn fans so it's totes in the bag every week. Can't let the devil and those witchcraft practicing other coaches beat the lawds army. 

37 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Yes but would we still have him? I doubt it. 

Admittedly, without the benefit of hindsight, there was good reason to be apprehensive about him at the time. The thought of Georgia hiring him away was not one of them--the last time we hired a guy who played at Georgia and coached at Alabama, he didn't leave when spots opened at both during his tenure here.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Admittedly, without the benefit of hindsight, there was good reason to be apprehensive about him at the time. The thought of Georgia hiring him away was not one of them--the last time we hired a guy who played at Georgia and coached at Alabama, he didn't leave when spots opened at both during his tenure here.

Your right about Dye but my gut says that’s wrong about Smart . Admittedly just my opinion.

13 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Man I still wish he would have left then 🥲 what if scenario and I wonder where we would be?

Would we have fallen back to the JABA ways of hiring had that happened? I almost feel like we may have done something stupid then even if he had left. Maybe not, but I believe we had to get burnt like this to get fresh eyes to look outside the box.

9 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I’m going with 30-17. Mostly based on Arky having a less than stellar defense  and our defense matching up well against their offense. 

Been saying this all week except I predict 34-19. Our Defense should have best game to date against the hogs if we put safety help over Burks and don't go cover 0 often and when we do make sure Rog is on him.

8 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Jebus and Gawd are Auburn fans so it's totes in the bag every week. Can't let the devil and those witchcraft practicing other coaches beat the lawds army. 

No selling souls is needed. A good game plan is all, just execute the plan in the book and it will work. If not then they might feel some heat and sixty minutes might feel more like an eternity.