Arkansas

Zeek

On 10/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, gohogs14 said:

Really have no idea what to think about this game. If Arkansas doesn't do a better job at containing the QB run game than they did against Corral then Nix will have a field day. Our LBs aren't built to keep up with athletic QBs. Glad we'll have Treylon Burks available this year though.

I was actually just looking for your username to tag you in this for your input.  You have always been very cordial and honest on here.  Welcome back!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

I hope Tank can bust it open this weekend. He hasn’t always had holes but great RB’s make plays regardless. Kinda not feeling all that great about him right now. 

I’m not bearish on Tank but I want to see better performances from him. The RB’s need to contribute as much as possible. 

Who were the good RB’s who consistently still made something happen with below average OL’s blocking for them?

Treylon Burks against the CB2 (whoever they choose to use) for us for any extended period of time is SCARY to me after seeing McConkey just kill Pritchett in man. If their running game gets going and we have to do alot of zero coverage....oh boy. 

21 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think the Arky game will determine where we are this year. Against Georgia we lost to a better team but we were competitive and what stopped us from being more competitive was mistakes with Dropped passes being biggest issue. We know we have O-Line issues but the game plan against Georgia allowed us to utilize short passing game to help there but drops killed us.  

Arky game will be two middle of the pack teams, we get to see if we can correct mistakes enough to beat this team. If answer is no we will probably be 6-6 if answer is yes we can show we are a solid middle tier SEC team where we have a couple of toss-up games that will determine our record for the year.  

I think you are right.   In a weird way, it's a 'must win'.  Mostly from a mental edge perspective.  11 KO may help Auburn.  If we can score early, their crowd may never really get into the game.   Very big "if". 

Can we rebound from a loss to a mid tier divisional opponent and beat teams that are figuring out how to play like TAMU  or  Ole Miss?   

Also weird:  why can't we send 2-3 TEs  out on routes if our WR corps is unreliable? 

• I would rather take my chances with 6'7"  Brandon Frazier than with S Jackson.

"I'll hang up a listen."

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I think you are right.   In a weird way, it's a 'must win'.  Mostly from a mental edge perspective.  11 KO may help Auburn.  If we can score early, their crowd may never really get into the game.   Very big "if". 

Can we rebound from a loss to a mid tier divisional opponent and beat teams that are figuring out how to play like TAMU  or  Ole Miss?   

Also weird:  why can't we send 2-3 TEs  out on routes if our WR corps is unreliable? 

• I would rather take my chances with 6'7"  Brandon Frazier than with S Jackson.

"I'll hang up a listen."

Saturday is absolutely a must win. The season starts again this weekend. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Y’all think we go white face masks again or is that dead?

I think the white face masks look great with the storm troopers.  I hope they're a keeper.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, woodford said:

I hope Tank can bust it open this weekend. He hasn’t always had holes but great RB’s make plays regardless. Kinda not feeling all that great about him right now. 

I’m not bearish on Tank but I want to see better performances from him. The RB’s need to contribute as much as possible. 

There's some things Tank needs to be doing assignment wise that will get him more yardage, like hitting the right hole. It's not always on the OL. I'm sure he'd tell you the same.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Figured y’all would want to see this

I completely forgot that happened.  Man how time flies.  Anyways, I think we still win.  :lol:

• Like 2

My quick and dirty scouting report/keys to the game.

Arky is running the ball 62% of the time for the season. They want to grind you into the dirt, then throw it deep over your head. As you can imagine with a mobile QB, a ton of their run game involves some type of zone read by the QB. They also like to get Jefferson out of the pocket on boots and rollouts. The vast majority of his targets are outside the hashes.

This will be a big game for our edge guys and secondary players. Can Hall, Leota, & Height rush the passer with contain and get after Jefferson when he keeps? Our secondary is going to be challenged deep and with play action fakes. Can they limit the busted assignments and still be factors helping stop the Arky run game?

Arky likes to stay in their 3-3-5 base look. Can we get a hat on a hat in the second level of their defense and create lanes for our talented RBs? We should be able to use Bo in the run game more this week as well. Is this the week we finally see more explosive plays passing and rushing? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I completely forgot that happened.  Man how time flies.  Anyways, I think we still win.  :lol:

If Arkansas thinks they got robbed, try having Gus for nearly a decade. Now that’s robbery. 

• Like 4

If Arkansas won that game last year then they would’ve scored more points. If you couldn’t beat Auburn in 2020 then you weren’t good at football. Those are the facts. 

I think Worm will have a big day receiving in the flats.  Just a feeling...

We need to hang on to the ball and defense needs to get stops on 3rd down.  Keep Jefferson contained.

1 - 0

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Figured y’all would want to see this

Yeah I don't think Arkansas is going to experience the 11:00 kick hangover. These guys are going to be ready to play. Hope we bring the same intensity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

If Arkansas won that game last year then they would’ve scored more points. If you couldn’t beat Auburn in 2020 then you weren’t good at football. Those are the facts. 

Says something about Coach O doesn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Bunch of hillbilly vandals.  Remember when they did this in Fayetteville ?

image.jpeg

Actually no when was this?

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Actually no when was this?

I around 2005.     The picture I posted may be the second time it happened at LSU.  The original pictures were of where is was parked on their  campus .  I was too lazy to search further.   Seeing  it pisses me off.  

EDIT:   https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/20432-yall-seen-this/

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

It was a missed call those are the facts.  Auburn won the game, but it doesn’t change the fact if not for the blown call, Auburn wouldn’t not have won.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I around 2005.     The picture I posted may be the second time it happened at LSU.  The original pictures were of where is was parked on their  campus .  I was too lazy to search further.   Seeing  it pisses me off.  

EDIT:   https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/20432-yall-seen-this/

Weird how that game was only on radio.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodford said:

If Arkansas thinks they got robbed, try having Gus for nearly a decade. Now that’s robbery. 

They almost did, but instead we threw $$ on the fire that turned into a flaming bag of poo.

• Haha 3