Hey Democrats...

Shoney'sPonyBoy

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Democrats are flawed and a bit inept. Trumplicans are hellbent on destroying the country from within and plan to complete the job in 2024.

You got this bass ackwards. 

Have you seen the damage Biden is doing? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Explain it to me.

For starters his over reach with the vaccine mandates. 

The over reach he’s trying to stuff into the big spending bill he has. Basically giving the IRS free reign to look into everyone’s bank accounts. 

Do we really need to bring up his withdrawal from Afghanistan? He botched the hell out of that. 

That’s just the low hanging fruit. 

Hence his approval rating has and is still tanking.

If he keeps up this pace I will have to vote Republican instead of a third party name. At this point I don’t care if Trump runs again. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

The over reach he’s trying to stuff into the big spending bill he has. Basically giving the IRS free reign to look into everyone’s bank accounts. 

Do we really need to bring up his withdrawal from Afghanistan? He botched the hell out of that. 

If he keeps up this pace I will have to vote Republican instead of a third party name. At this point I don’t care if Trump runs again. 

That don’t threaten our democratic institutions.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That don’t threaten our democratic institutions.

Lmao….thanks for the laugh. 

Keep believing in the tooth fairy as well. 

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Lmao….thanks for the laugh. 

Keep believing in the tooth fairy as well. 

Thanks for clarifying you’re still a clueless Trumper in faux denial. 👍🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for clarifying you’re still a clueless Trumper in faux denial. 👍🏻

Was never a Trumper, but if recognizing the harm Biden is doing makes me one, so be it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Were you pleased with the disjointed approach to Covid undertaken by the last administration?  They literally did one thing right with respect to Covid and that was the vaccine development.  The reason they got that right was they stroked a check and then were told to get out of the way.

There is a bi-partisan spending bill that should be passed.  I am not in favor of all the proposals in the House plan either.

As for that hell hole of Afghanistan, I am simply thankful that we are no longer playing house with those people.  We were able to air lift over 130,000 out of the country.  That is what I call plenty. Too many dollars and way too many American lives have been spent on that place, which has shown time and time again that it has no ability to self govern.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Was never a Trumper, but if recognizing the harm Biden is doing makes me one, so be it.

A reasonable person can critique Biden, be disappointed in him and still recognize the anti-democratic actions of Republicans that threaten our most fundamental institutions, you know, like free and fair elections.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Were you pleased with the disjointed approach to Covid undertaken by the last administration?  They literally did one thing right with respect to Covid and that was the vaccine development.  The reason they got that right was they stroked a check and then were told to get out of the way.

There is a bi-partisan spending bill that should be passed.  I am not in favor of all the proposals in the House plan either.

As for that hell hole of Afghanistan, I am simply thankful that we are no longer playing house with those people.  We were able to air lift over 130,000 out of the country.  That is what I call plenty. Too many dollars and way too many American lives have been spent on that place, which has shown time and time again that it has no ability to self govern.

The previous administrations actions regarding the virus is irrelevant. Do I think they did the best job? Not at all, but the thing I agreed with it was they did not try to over step with mandates and such. I’m sure if Biden was President at the beginning of it all he’d have tried to shut everything down like in Cali and other blue states. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

A reasonable person can critique Biden, be disappointed in him and still recognize the anti-democratic actions of Republicans that threaten our most fundamental institutions, you know, like free and fair elections.

I never said I didn’t disapprove of some of the Republican actions, what I am saying is that I think Biden is doing a lot of this that erode our freedoms as we speak. He’s not just threatening, he’s actually doing. 

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I never said I didn’t disapprove of some of the Republican actions, what I am saying is that I think Biden is doing a lot of this that erode our freedoms as we speak. He’s not just threatening, he’s actually doing. 

What freedoms have you lost?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

The previous administrations actions regarding the virus is irrelevant. Do I think they did the best job? Not at all, but the thing I agreed with it was they did not try to over step with mandates and such. I’m sure if Biden was President at the beginning of it all he’d have tried to shut everything down like in Cali and other blue states. 

He would have gotten out of the way and let the NIH take the lead, which is their job.

22 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He would have gotten out of the way and let the NIH take the lead, which is their job.

And probably would have tried to shut down the entire country. 

• Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What freedoms have you lost?

How about people’s freedom regarding what they put in their bodies and losing their jobs if they don’t comply. 

And if he gets his way we lose even more privacy…AKA the IRS. 

Slowly eroding our right to privacy. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

How about people’s freedom regarding what they put in their bodies and losing their jobs if they don’t comply. 

Billions of dollars in tax fraud. He’d like to hire the staff to hold folks accountable — Republicans balk. Protecting tax fraud. So he’s considering more regulation on accounts. There’s already reporting, though. Did you know that a deposit of $10K gets reported? They also report anything they deem suspicious.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I don't think the IRS proposal stands a snowball's chance in hell of ever being included in that bill.  I agree that it is government over reach.

I hated the Patriot Act because of the same types of govt oversight.  To be honest, the IRS already has reporting requirements for $10,000 transactions.

As for the vaccine, this is the first time in the history of this country that people have been so incredibly unappreciative of such an achievement of medicine.  Social media has encouraged every quack known to man kind to make claims that get accepted as fact after they are repeated over and over again. Dr. Sanjay Gupta went on Joe Rogan's podcast a few days ago.  They had a good cordial 3 hour conversation.  CNN is guilty of a lot of things, but the way Fox portrayed that interview was the most dishonest thing I have ever heard from a "news" organization.  This is how they spun the podcast.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-dr-sanjay-gupta-journalistic-malpractice-joe-rogan-interview

Rogan defended Gupta and issued this statement:

"If you've only seen clips online you would think that @drsanjaygupta and I had a tense and uncomfortable encounter when we sat down for 3 hours," he wrote on his Instagram account. "The reality is that disagreement was a very small part of what was overall a very enjoyable conversation."

"Sanjay is a really nice person and I like him a lot. After our time together I consider him a friend,"

This type of divide is why we cannot beat Covid and why we failed to prevent tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of deaths.  Vaccine mandates are not new.  It is unfortunate that they are necessary, but when left with no other option, we do what we must.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes, Biden has not found his way on certain things, but passing the Infrastructure Bill will set him free to lead again. He has to focus for a while on getting the bill passed. Pulling out of Afghanistan was righting a 20 year wrong. I will always be grateful to Biden for that, no matter how bad the temp optics looked.

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Billions of dollars in tax fraud. He’d like to hire the staff to hold folks accountable — Republicans balk. Protecting tax fraud. So he’s considering more regulation on accounts. There’s already reporting, though. Did you know that a deposit of $10K gets reported? They also report anything they deem suspicious.

All this may be true, BUT a $600 limit on govt following money would basically mean almost all paychecks in America would be followed. That my friend is a huge intrusion into the lives of Americans, a huge loss of privacy, a true assault on our freedoms. Somehow hire the IRS Agents to do the jobs.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Post of the day❤

Possibly the year. As sad as that may be.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Again, where were you guys when the DNC was suing the Trump campaign for "stealing the 2016 election?" 

Which they knew was false, btw, when they did it.

Hillary Clinton continuing to claim on national t.v. that the election was stolen from her doesn't undermine free and fair elections?

I know the entire Democratic narrative depends on That's Different©, but is there really no limit to using that tactic?  Y'all will use it anytime, on any issue, no matter how obvious it is that it's being massively hypocritical?

Or are you referring to something else that Republicans have done to supposedly undermine free and fair elections, like requiring people to prove who they are to cast a vote?  Which is, of course, actually protecting free and fair elections.

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Explain it to me.

There is more than one economist who is expressing real concern that the economic policies pursued by this administration are likely to put us back in 1970s-style stagflation.  Here's a light overview from The Hill:https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/567795-dont-believe-the-white-house-hype-biden-is-ruining-the-economy-not-fixing

The first thing Biden did was create a border crisis, which has negatively impacted the country if for no other reason he is allowing thousands of people a week into the country who have not been vaccinated for COVID.  Either more unvaccinated people are contributing to people dying or not.  Which is it?

That's a couple of things off the top of my head.  I agree with those who have said that the proposed IRS bill is also quite harmful.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes I already knew about the $10K number. 

4 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Again, where were you guys when the DNC was suing the Trump campaign for "stealing the 2016 election?" 

Which they knew was false, btw, when they did it.

Hillary Clinton continuing to claim on national t.v. that the election was stolen from her doesn't undermine free and fair elections?

I know the entire Democratic narrative depends on That's Different©, but is there really no limit to using that tactic?  Y'all will use it anytime, on any issue, no matter how obvious it is that it's being massively hypocritical?

Or are you referring to something else that Republicans have done to supposedly undermine free and fair elections, like requiring people to prove who they are to cast a vote?  Which is, of course, actually protecting free and fair elections.

“Ya’ll”. I’m not a Democrat. Democrats frustrate me too much. Republicans pose an existential threat to democracy. America can overcome inept parties, not autocratic ones with no respect for the democratic process. 

I’m not talking about either parties claims of rigged elections. I’m not talking about voter ID.  I’m talking about all the legislation that places decision-making authority in the hands of strident partisans. For example, Republican state officials in Texas & Georgia taking away the authority of Democratic majority areas to handle elections. 

But in regard to claims of rigged elections, Republicans insist on audit after audit in states and when the Trump supporting Republican officials find no fraud, their career in Republican politics are over. Brad Raffensberger for example. Trump actively engaged in trying to get officials to change vote totals. This isn’t a both sides issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/us/politics/republicans-election-laws.amp.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yes, Biden has not found his way on certain things, but passing the Infrastructure Bill will set him free to lead again. He has to focus for a while on getting the bill passed. Pulling out of Afghanistan was righting a 20 year wrong. I will always be grateful to Biden for that, no matter how bad the temp optics looked.

All this may be true, BUT a $600 limit on govt following money would basically mean almost all paychecks in America would be followed. That my friend is a huge intrusion into the lives of Americans, a huge loss of privacy, a true assault on our freedoms. Somehow hire the IRS Agents to do the jobs.

I don’t support it. I agree it’s overly intrusive. He’d be a fool to pursue it.  I just don’t think it strips us of freedom. I won’t lose a thing if it happens.