The FIX for fake injuries

17 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

1. Any Player that goes down, and time is called for that injury, MUST sit out the remainder of the

current drive AND the following drive, to make sure that the players health is checked out.

1 drive is good, would take care of that. 2 drives could be a full quarter sometimes and that's not necessary.

• Like 2

I'd review the injury. If the guy goes down during the play and stays down, I'd treat as a normal injury. If you got a guy dropping after the play, using your protocol would be a good start.

• Like 1

Missed in this discussion is in addition to slowing the other teams pace and players resting, coaches use the time to coach. The players of the team with the injured player should have to take a knee at midfield and face the opposing teams sideline. There should be no ability for coaches and players to strategize during the injury timeout. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2021 at 11:47 AM, oracle79 said:

I'd review the injury. If the guy goes down during the play and stays down, I'd treat as a normal injury. If you got a guy dropping after the play, using your protocol would be a good start.

that's too subjective IMO and prone to human error. With the adrenaline pumping and depending on the injury it's certainly possible for a legitimate injury or cramp to bring someone down after a play is over, and it gets into sketchy territory asking officials to determine what injuries seem real or not. 

I'd just go with treating all injuries the same. Keep them out at least the remainder of one drive. 

• 3 weeks later...