CDC Weighs in on vaccines vs immunity from infection

TitanTiger

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Trust the science...

You can return to work in five days but must wear a diaper on your face for eternity 

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, please clear it up for me.

Were you being sincere or sarcastic when you said "trust the science......."

I do trust science, but part of the scientific process is questioning the science.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, bigbird said:

This is what 1 of the three doctors who told me that I don’t need the vax/ don’t get the vax , specifically mentioned as the reason. I marvel at the obedience of the “ pro science “ crowd to piss on actual science that is yet to be accepted by the establishment. Because the establishment hasn’t figured out how to make money on it yet. They are very good at capitalizing on socialized minds. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

I do trust science, but part of the scientific process is questioning the science.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm is not "questioning" it's ridiculing. (But then, you know that.)

Nice try though.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm is not "questioning" it's ridiculing. (But then, you know that.)

Nice try though.

No, it's ridiculing those that screamed "trust the science" while at the same time refusing to listen to all aspects of the science.

What part of what I said is false?

What's the point of peer review?

Hint:

It's not to blindly trust what others put out.

In this case, questioning the CDC is the right thing to do. The science says more time is needed and the CDC admits it's an attempt not based on the science.  So, trust the science until when exactly?

Here, take it from another.

https://blavity.com/former-surgeon-general-jerome-adams-said-what-we-already-knew-about-new-cdc-recommendations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No, it's ridiculing those that screamed "trust the science" while at the same time refusing to listen to all aspects of the science.  Do you have someone specific in mind or is this a straw man?

What part of what I said is false?  Literally, nothing. 

But it seemed to me you didn't mean "trust the science" literally,  it sounded like you were being sarcastic.

What's the point of peer review?

Hint:

It's not to blindly trust what others put out.  OK.  Sounds like good advice to me!

In this case, questioning the CDC is the right thing to do. The science says more time is needed and the CDC admits it's an attempt not based on the science.  So, trust the science until when exactly?  

Did anyone say that trusting the CDC is the exactly the same as trusting the science?  (If that's your point.) Hopefully, the CDC is accurately reflecting the science but they are certainly not the final - or exclusive - word on the science. 

Here, take it from another.

https://blavity.com/former-surgeon-general-jerome-adams-said-what-we-already-knew-about-new-cdc-recommendations

So the issue here is that the CDC didn't recommend antigen testing prior to halting one's quarantine?  

I have no idea why they wouldn't recommend testing before ending a quarantine, if tests were available.   But this is a policy issue, not a scientific one.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, alexava said:

So, who's that leader he speaks of that comes in and says "I alone can fix it".

Oh the irony.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, who's that leader he speaks of that comes in and say's "I alone can fix it".

Oh the irony.

Fauci says hi

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Omicron is not something to be taken lightly

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, who's that leader he speaks of that comes in and say's "I alone can fix it".

Oh the irony.

What do you think Trump meant when he said, "I alone can fix it."?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

What do you think Trump meant when he said, "I alone can fix it."?

No telling. He’s not good at articulating.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Or thinking. Or being a human. 

Be careful. You can be setting yourself up for extreme mental letdown when he re-elected. 

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Be careful. You can be setting yourself up for extreme mental letdown when he re-elected. 

Still a long way to 2024. All those Micky D cheeseburgers and Cokes might catch up to him before then. 

14 hours ago, alexava said:

I watched as millions of people utterly abandoned any pretense of their moral convictions, and proffered every flimsy excuse in the book to justify voting for him in 2016 and again in 2020.  I'm immune to being letdown at this point when it comes to Trump.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I watched as millions of people utterly abandoned any pretense of their moral convictions, and proffered every flimsy excuse in the book to justify voting for him in 2016 and again in 2020.  I'm immune to being letdown at this point when it comes to Trump the American people. 

I didn't necessarily fix it for you, but I fixed it for me. If we didn't already know that trump was the symptom and not the disease, the pandemic has proven it to me. A healthy, functioning, safe society is no longer a priority. Even the most unnecessary, objectively stupid, and dangerous expressions of individual rights are honored above social responsibility. trump is the man in the mirror. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't necessarily fix it for you, but I fixed it for me. If we didn't already know that trump was the symptom and not the disease, the pandemic has proven it to me. A healthy, functioning, safe society is no longer a priority. Even the most unnecessary, objectively stupid, and dangerous expressions of individual rights are honored above social responsibility. trump is the man in the mirror. 

It has laid bare the most utterly unbiblical and unChristian behavior and motivations among people who proclaim otherwise that I've seen on this scale in my lifetime.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It has laid bare the most utterly unbiblical and unChristian behavior and motivations among people who proclaim otherwise that I've seen on this scale in my lifetime.

I'm not qualified to say too much on it but it has seemed paradoxical to me. 

For what it's worth, it has also revealed many who walk the walk, and some of us on the periphery notice/appreciate/respect that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I watched as millions of people utterly abandoned any pretense of their moral convictions, and proffered every flimsy excuse in the book to justify voting for him in 2016 and again in 2020.

Could you let us know the excuses you are using to justify voting for Biden in 2020 other than getting rid if Trump?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Could you let us know the excuses you are using to justify voting for Biden in 2020 other than getting rid if Trump?

:lol:  You think you know things.  That's adorable.  :lmao: 

You literally have no idea who I've voted for in the past or who I will in the future and I'm not feeling any obligation to tell you since I don't tell anyone else in my life.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

:lol:  You think you know things.  That's adorable.  :lmao: 

You literally have no idea who I've voted for in the past or who I will in the future and I'm not feeling any obligation to tell you since I don't tell anyone else in my life.

Ok, can you guess what excuses people use to justify why they voted for Biden in 2020 other than getting rid of Trump?

Just a guess on the bolded part, but unless you have a change of morality, I would guess you won’t be voting for Trump in 2024 if he runs.  But it would be foolish of be to put you in that box. 🤣