Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

U didn’t miss much but a game that got most of our blood pressure up. Probably just gotta read the comments for a few days until the pisstivity wears off. Stay Safe

This one won’t go away for a long time.  It made me physically ill. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gus left us with a mess. Now he's ******* up my UCF too. I'm just gonna watch basketball.

Glad someone brought it up .

Harsin can’t shoulder all of the blame considering the mess he inherited. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I’m interested in the for whatever reason part, and I’m not smart enough to know the answer. But just shows how this team goes as the running game goes. So long as we were a threat to run, the passing game looked great. Also, how about Kobe Hudson in the first half? Dude was balling out.

Absolutely. And no lie the post you made is EVERYTHING I was saying in threads. I made s post we are starting to pass too much. I made posts about how our d line has an extreme lack of talent and depth and we needed to keep running for passing and to slow and control the pace because they were wearing out our d line. 

I should've just waited for you to say it because of course it was an argument when I said some of it 😂

I said posted that maybe they were trying to work on our pass game when we were up a bunch. I imagine that miss st went sell out to stop our run but I doubt know why we wouldn't capitalize on that once they decided to do that. We just kept running into their d. That's when we should've started passing a bit to keep them guessing I think.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

I can’t remember a worse loss in my lifetime. 49-0 bammer in 2012 doesn’t even really compare. 

Did you not watch the game last week? 😁

Hopefully this is one of those losses that brings on changes to the defensive philosophy and maybe a little to the offensive philosophy as well.  The coaches were spanked today.  Mike Leach showed exactly what happens when a really good quarterback has time and good play calls.   Auburn dbs are not aggressive until the ball is caught, not sure what will change that approach.    We are a good team when the going is good, just lack maturity when the tables turn.

All these excuses about a mess being left . The oline being bad and lack of recruiting is crap. Auburn was up 28-3 at home against Mississippi State. Not Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Oklahoma. There is no excuse for this type of debacle 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

This one won’t go away for a long time.  It made me physically ill. 

Agreed . It’s on 11 here but it took everything within me not to start drinking lol

Just now, shabby said:

Did you not watch the game last week? 😁

That's the worst part. After great performances against Arky and Ole Miss, we crap the bed against A&M and blow that game against MSU. Wish we had another bye week. 

18 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I feel you. I have to remind myself that win or lose, Auburn sports has no direct impact on my life.  It sucks for us, but on the other side, it's good for MSU and their fans.

War Eagle, buddy, War Eagle.

You too brother .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

All these excuses about a mess being left . The oline being bad and lack of recruiting is crap. Auburn was up 28-3 at home against Mississippi State. Not Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Oklahoma. There is no excuse for this type of debacle 

Ever heard of "depth", or "two's", or "three deep". WE don't have good "one's", at certain positions, mostly key positions at that. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

I put this one above the Gus LSU debacle.  Pitiful.  

No way. We were actually good in 2017. This team is not very good outside of a few good performances against an overrated Arky, a horribly banged up Ole Miss, and a rousing second half at LSU. We need better linemen on both sides ASAP. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

That's the worst part. After great performances against Arky and Ole Miss, we crap the bed against A&M and blow that game against MSU. Wish we had another bye week. 

Wish we had Hughe Freeze

• Like 3

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

Ever heard of "depth", or "two's", or "three deep". WE don't have good "one's", at certain positions, mostly key positions at that. 

Again Auburn was up 28-3 at home . Are U saying  Mississippi State has more talent than Auburn. Also who idea is it to play the bend but don’t break

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. And no lie the post you made is EVERYTHING I was saying in threads. I made s post we are starting to pass too much. I made posts about how our d line has an extreme lack of talent and depth and we needed to keep running for passing and to slow and control the pace because they were wearing out our d line. 

I should've just waited for you to say it because of course it was an argument when I said some of it 😂

I said posted that maybe they were trying to work on our pass game when we were up a bunch. I imagine that miss st went sell out to stop our run but I doubt know why we wouldn't capitalize on that once they decided to do that. We just kept running into their d. That's when we should've started passing a bit to keep them guessing I think.

When people get frustrated/angry their bias tends to come out. Especially via text when there's no body language. They see what they want to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Again Auburn was up 28-3 at home . Are U saying  Mississippi State has more talent than Auburn. Also who idea is it to play the bend but don’t break

I guarantee you they have more depth than Auburn, at this point. WE also lacked one of our best linebackers. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

No way. We were actually good in 2017. This team is not very good outside of a few good performances against an overrated Arky, a horribly banged up Ole Miss, and a rousing second half at LSU. We need better linemen on both sides ASAP. 

Until we ran our RB into the ground and then had no offense and a completely wore out defense. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

MSU is not the only poor coaching job done by Harsin and Co this season. He's got a lot to learn. People used to bash Gus for his coaching origins and claimed he was a coach in training... maybe rightly so. This is the same situation. He is not ready for the SEC right now. 

Harsin is in over his head at this point. He needs to learn faster than Gus did or he won't make it. I hope he does but I'm not all in until I see the light come on.

Its not the same situation.  Gus was blowing 20 pt leads at LSU in year 5 of his tenure with a bunch of dudes he recruited.  This is game 10 for Harsin with a bunch of dudes he didn't recruit.

Harsin did some baffling stuff today (not kicking the extra point, the stupid onside kick, and the awful fake punt).  He needs to be held accountable because today is inexcusable.  But it ain't the same thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

On Bobo?????    That is really rich.   I must not have been watching the same game.   I only saw MSU punt once in the second half.   I saw a team drive 96 yards with no problems to take the lead after being down 28-3.    It was a complete team loss, to include the coaches.   I usually don’t like to say that a staff lost control of the game, but that’s exactly what happened today.   

That's just being honest about how things went today. 

Poor preparation and planning by the coaches has been an issue all season though. Today the outcome was an embarrassing loss that could have been prevented. It almost happened with Ga State too.  

• Like 2