Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

Bo played pretty decent today. Same ole story, got to get better in trenches on both sides of the ball. The oline needs an upgrade of talent. Bo is playing well enough that if we had a run game I think we are a different team. Need some dogs on the dline just as much.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

How can we take any positives out of this? Just an unmitigated disaster all around. This staff needs to get it in gear on the recruiting trail and in the portal because we're going nowhere fast without better talent. 

Coordinators need to get the ish slapped out of them too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Good thing that I do lol

Drink one for me, then. I'm just glad, for me, football season "ends" when basketball season starts. :P Thanks, Bruce!

Just now, Barnacle said:

Doesn’t matter who is lining up under center. We need to be able to run the ball. We haven’t been able to the last two weeks and it shows. We can’t expect to throw 40+ times and win. Way too much pressure to place on a QB with this team.

Likewise, the lack of pass rush is killing us. Absolutely killing us. Apart from that we tackled like garbage. 

How many plays did MSU end up running, btw?

We were running well the first half. I literally said the same things you just said but we went away from it for whatever reason and in the 2nd half we couldn't get it back

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

If it weren't health related, that decision baffles

Bo was hurt- he was in the medical tent twice in the 3rd quarter and seemed to be limping

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bo played pretty decent today. Same ole story, got to get better in trenches on both sides of the ball. The oline needs an upgrade of talent. Bo is playing well enough that if we had a run game I think we are a different team. Need some dogs on the dline just as much.

Yeah, I’m a Bo critic, and I thought he was good today. 

Just now, AU9377 said:

Sadly, this is good advice.

As much as I hate UGA, it's an outstanding education and really a no brainer unless 100k means nothing to you. 

I'd maybe try to push my kid to tech tho...for reasons. 😉

Through grandparents 529 and our own saving we'll probably be able to send our kid out of state, but if that can be saved for free grad school where you didn't have to work...it's just another advantage 

Just now, WalkingCarpet said:

How can we take any positives out of this? Just an unmitigated disaster all around. This staff needs to get it in gear on the recruiting trail and in the portal because we're going nowhere fast without better talent. 

Coordinators need to get the ish slapped out of them too. 

Kobe Hudson is the only positive I can think of. It's coming together for him. He will be a good one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

How can we take any positives out of this?

We have talented young WRs

33 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Tbh kinda shocking (sarcasm) that TJ looked like Bo on that fumble play, scrambling for his life 

An injured Bo is equivalent to a healthy Finley...or vice versa

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Kobe Hudson is the only positive I can think of. It's coming together for him. He will be a good one. 

Kobe played really well. He's putting it together m so glad he didn't get hurt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Saban blew a 24 pt lead once too.

Coaches were crap today, but I'm not jumping off the ship because of today.

MSU is not the only poor coaching job done by Harsin and Co this season. He's got a lot to learn. People used to bash Gus for his coaching origins and claimed he was a coach in training... maybe rightly so. This is the same situation. He is not ready for the SEC right now. 

Harsin is in over his head at this point. He needs to learn faster than Gus did or he won't make it. I hope he does but I'm not all in until I see the light come on.

• Like 5

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Kobe played really well. He's putting it together m so glad he didn't get hurt

JJ played amazing. He has the ability and speed to get open.

• Like 1

Gus left us with a mess. Now he's ******* up my UCF too. I'm just gonna watch basketball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We were running well the first half. I literally said the same things you just said but we went away from it for whatever reason and in the 2nd half we couldn't get it back

Yeah I’m interested in the for whatever reason part, and I’m not smart enough to know the answer. But just shows how this team goes as the running game goes. So long as we were a threat to run, the passing game looked great. Also, how about Kobe Hudson in the first half? Dude was balling out.

• Like 3

Rogers was 24 of 26 with 5 touchdowns in the second half. 

Auburn rushed for negative 14 yards in the second half. 

FG kick was blocked, onsides kick attempt was pathetic. 

Complete meltdown in all three phases. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got to eat the L. Miss state rallied and came back . Kudos to the pirate .

man I can’t wait to see the fights that are about to occur. Everyone stay safe. It’s going to be interesting what the coaching staff will do going forward. Unfortunately wasn’t able to see the game. 

U didn’t miss much but a game that got most of our blood pressure up. Probably just gotta read the comments for a few days until the pisstivity wears off. Stay Safe

• Like 1

Fun fact.

Bryan Harsin blowing 20+ point leads to Mike Leach, a history

2017: Harsin’s Boise State blows a 31-10 4th quarter lead in 11 minutes, loses to Leach’s Wazzu 47-44 in 3OT

2021: Harsin’s Auburn takes a 28-3 lead, gives up 40 unanswered to Leach’s Mississippi State, loses 43-34

• Sad 2

Refusal to and lack of o-line recruiting, terrible high school QB evaluations, and horrendous roster management are the three main reasons for this mess right now. A lot more blame to go around, but that is worthy of its own thread. But fix the line, get a competent QB, and get an aggressive defense again and hopefully it gets better

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Gus left us with a mess. Now he's ******* up my UCF too. I'm just gonna watch basketball.

Gus has nothing to do with blowing a 25 point lead.

39 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Just walked out of the stadium. Mason is an idiot. Rushed 3 the entire game gave their QB 20 minutes to find open guys. Bobo is an idiot. Went away from what worked the entire 1st half & tried to force the run when it wasn’t there. Why did they go away from what was working?? All coaching. 

Completely agree!

• Like 1

This season is over. Better served to put 110% into recruiting OL and DL. Thats where we are getting whipped, consistency.  I'm a basketball fan now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He played the first half well but played the second half terrible even Before he got hurt. Remember there were some great one handed catches in the first half that made Bo look better. There is plenty bad to go around. Line as bad on both sides, runners weren’t looking up when they ran. Three rushing a WB like Rogers was just insanity on Mason’s part and on Harsin’s part for allowing it. Our DBs couldn’t cover molasses if it was freezing outside. We can’t tackle, we cant catch and we sure don’t have any quality coaches. 6-6 and maybe no bowl. About the worst 1st year for a coach at AU in a long time. Greene needs to see if he can get a refund on the coaches. 🤔