Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Would love to see Deion replace Napier at ULL assuming he bolts. He'd possibly take some recruits away from LSU and the Texas schools. Then, if Harsin doesn't work out and Deion still looks really good do it. Worst case he'd bolster the talent level for the next guy

Perhaps. I could accept bringing Dell home. Since the Piggies showed that hiring a Georgia assistant can work.

41 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Looks like LSU will hire Lincoln Riley after all. Who will Oklahoma replace with? 🤔

LSU goes after Jimbo and Riley. Auburn goes after Bill Clark and Bryan Harsin. The tale of two football programs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

LSU goes after Jimbo and Riley. Auburn goes after Bill Clark and Bryan Harsin. The tale of two football programs.

TBF, I don't think we actually went after Clark. Also, LSU literally promoted Coach O last time.

Doesn't mean I'm happy with our current predicament, but yeah.

Edited by AUwent

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We did go after Cristobal first and pretty hard. He's being named as the #1 guy for a lot of top schools.

We messed that up tho

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Because we'll always need to have somebody that fits in!

I'm not giving up on Harsin, but if he doesn't work out it will be all about how he didn't fit in. We will be stuck with former Auburn assistants for 50 years. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We did go after Cristobal first and pretty hard. He's being named as the #1 guy for a lot of top schools.

We messed that up tho

As usual. Although, I think I can tolerate Harsin being a dud more than I would have for Cristobal. He was my number one choice and I would have been beside myself if he had come here and failed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not giving up on Harsin, but if he doesn't work out it will be all about how he didn't fit in. We will be stuck with former Auburn assistants for 50 years. 

He’s coming for us soon!

45C2B4D1-94ED-4654-8C38-3AB761833000.jpeg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

Rhett after 2 or 3 years at SMU just screams Auburn just being Auburn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

As usual. Although, I think I can tolerate Harsin being a dud more than I would have for Cristobal. He was my number one choice and I would have been beside myself if he had come here and failed.

I'm 100% convinced he's is a mediocre coach.  I'm not sure he'd ever beat our rivals with any consistency. He'd recruit well, but we'd never be coached well enough to do anything with it.

His time at Oregon has shown that. He was my #1 too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm 100% convinced he's is a mediocre coach.  I'm not sure he'd ever beat our rivals with any consistency. He'd recruit well, but we'd never be coached well enough to do anything with it.

His time at Oregon has shown that. He was my #1 too

Yep. That is what drove me crazy about him. He consistently loses badly to bad teams. With that being said, I think he could be mark richt like and I am desperate enough to want that. Of course, I would be pissed with paying him 10 million a year to never make the playoffs. Ugh double edge sword.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep. That is what drove me crazy about him. He consistently loses badly to bad teams. With that being said, I think he could be mark richt like and I am desperate enough to want that. Of course, I would be pissed with paying him 10 million a year to never make the playoffs. Ugh double edge sword.

Yeah, he would have been our "best" hire perceived by media and fans.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They shot and missed last time, that’s how they wound up with Coach O. They thought that was a good hire too.

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Deion Sanders as coach 😂😂😂

Clown world. Dude is a commercial. It would all be swag until Georgia and Alabama stomp his lights out. 

Laughing about Deion Sanders becoming a successful D1 coach reminds me of multiple people laughing about Trump being elected president circa 2016.  

With the amount of bling he’d bring to a program, I wouldn’t put it past him being highly successful at any level short of the NFL, and that might even be possible.  I’ll admit it’s hard for me to take that thought seriously, but I’d bet a value meal on it.  

4 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Laughing about Deion Sanders becoming a successful D1 coach reminds me of multiple people laughing about Trump being elected president circa 2016.  

With the amount of bling he’d bring to a program, I wouldn’t put it past him being highly successful at any level short of the NFL, and that might even be possible.  I’ll admit it’s hard for me to take that thought seriously, but I’d bet a value meal on it.  

He’s coached at least 17 games on the college level. I’m sure that tells us all we need.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Amen, amen, amen! Why can’t everyone see this?

8 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Hey FSU tried coach Willie and we tried Terry Bowden and Brian Harsin, so why not someone try Coach Prime?

Guest MustardSeed
26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Amen, amen, amen! Why can’t everyone see this?

Maybe because Bill Clark wasn’t actually a candidate…however maybe people should see that most people saying these things are most likely the same ones who wanted the last AD fired and thought Green was the best hire ever even though the last AD is the one who got Bruce Pearl to AU and Green hired Harsin 😂  Certainly ironic

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well, in our defense, we also went after Chizik and Malzahn so at least we pursue mediocrity with passion

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, fredst said:

Well, in our defense, we also went after Chizik and Malzahn so at least we pursue mediocrity with passion

In terms of coaching candidates It really is depressing to think that the bigger the fish the farther they swim away from us 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Somehow, the Auburn PTB seem to believe that mediocrity isn't really mediocrity if you overpay for it.