Harsin

eaglenest

1 minute ago, selias said:

Spin it how you like. Bo was QB1, TJ was QB2.

Was TJ perfect or great tonight? No.

Am I proud of how he played and represented our alma mater? Absolutely.

Yeah I I’m not talking about him playing poor or whatever. I’m saying it put auburn behind the 8 ball with him injured. They could of used DD speed and another running threat to defend on the 3rd down play.

10 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

For a first down or one random play where a pass is possible for a tiny amount of traction late in the 4th or OT? 

Yes

2 points. Seriously, 2 points in multiple OT.

By talent alone, we shouldn't have even been in the game. There are no moral victories in football and I'm not claiming anything of the sort but, I saw a team that fought, gave it everything, believed in their coaches, and took a game they had no business even being in to multiple OTs. Maybe not living in the south has given me a different perspective.

Edited by selias

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

Yeah I I’m not talking about him playing poor or whatever. I’m saying it put auburn behind the 8 ball with him injured. They could of used DD speed and another running threat to defend on the 3rd down play.

The most popular position by fans is ALWAYS the backup QB.

By talent alone, we shouldn't have even been in the game. There are no moral victories in football and I'm not claiming anything of the sort but, I saw a team that fought, gave it everything, believed in their coaches, and took a game they had no business being even in to multiple OTs. Maybe not living in the south has given me a different perspective.

There is a good possibility that it wouldn’t went to overtime with one or two plays!

By talent alone, we shouldn't have even been in the game. There are no moral victories in football and I'm not claiming anything of the sort but, I saw a team that fought, gave it everything, believed in their coaches, and took a game they had no business being even in to multiple OTs. Maybe not living in the south has given me a different perspective.

It was a mess. Late it looked like we could win it all on D alone. But when we needed just one moment of kitchen sink, any old sand-lot attempt, we folded the tent. They owe the D an appology. Never mind what they did or could do- a game like this, it's about what you tried to do. We didn't try s***. Tried to win it all on defense

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

There is a good possibility that it wouldn’t went to overtime with one or two plays!

I'm not happy with the loss either but, what would you have changed and truly why do you think that (spare us all the glorified scrimmage that is A-Day)? The previous staff neglected OL recruiting and the development of players beyond being something akin to gadget player. This game was a gutsy and gritty performance that can be a building block going forward. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen and is entirely dependent on the current staff...BUT I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.

8 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Harsin is following in Gus foot steps. coaching SCARED!!!!

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

It was a mess. Late it looked like we could win it all on D alone. But when we needed just one moment of kitchen sink, any old sand-lot attempt, we folded the tent. They owe the D an appology. Never mind what they did or could do- a game like this, it's about what you tried to do. We didn't try s***. Tried to win it all on defense

If we're being honest, the way the game was going it was on the defense. I won't argue that, at all.

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Harsin is following in Gus foot steps. coaching SCARED!!!!

Harsin or Bobo?  The guys played with fire and iron for Harsin.

Bobo is a known quantity.  He doesn't get any better than this. 

Harsin fires Bobo and pulls in someone with some imagination and some intestinal fortitude as OC and I'll not call for his head for another season. 

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Please don't get them started. It'll still be Gus Maizahn's fault no matter what.

Says the biggest Gus apologist on this board.

14 minutes ago, selias said:

I'm not happy with the loss either but, what would you have changed and truly why do you think that (spare us all the glorified scrimmage that is A-Day)? The previous staff neglected OL recruiting and the development of players beyond being something akin to gadget player. This game was a gutsy and gritty performance that can be a building block going forward. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen and is entirely dependent on the current staff...BUT I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.

A bunch of creative i formation runs after Finley inure. And please on defense they had no time outs. Don’t let them get you deep like they did!