Trovon Reed Tweet

autiger88

• autiger88 changed the title to Trovon Reed Tweet

Love his positivity. Give us an entirely new OL and anything can happen. Tank + Hunter could be deadly if they have the opportunity to make plays.

I don't have much faith if Bobo comes back but a determined Bo Nix will be fun to watch next year.

The SEC West is shrouded in mystery at the moment. Bama will be favored but the rest of it? Who the hell knows. LSU needs a coach. Is Kiffin leaving? Can Leach and Pittman keep it up? Will TAMU actually do something with all that talent? (doubt it)

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Love his positivity. Give us an entirely new OL and anything can happen. Tank + Hunter could be deadly if they have the opportunity to make plays.

I don't have much faith if Bobo comes back but a determined Bo Nix will be fun to watch next year.

The SEC West is shrouded in mystery at the moment. Bama will be favored but the rest of it? Who the hell knows. LSU needs a coach. Is Kiffin leaving? Can Leach and Pittman keep it up? Will TAMU actually do something with all that talent? (doubt it)

So, now it's the OL problems in your opinion. I could've sworn I read recent posts of yours that it's a coaching problem.

Just now, selias said:

So, now it's the OL problems in your opinion. I could've sworn I read recent posts of yours that it's a coaching problem.

It's both. Dig through my posts if you want. I've criticized OL all year and coaches in November.

Auburn can't sustain drives and eat up clock because they have never been able to establish the run. They have failed miserably in high pressure situations because of dreadful play calling.

As for yesterday, the main reason we lost is because we couldn't run the football imo. All we needed was a first down here and there and then it would've been over. Some of the play calling was bad but they should have been able to run the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

It's both. Dig through my posts if you want. I've criticized OL all year and coaches in November.

Auburn can't sustain drives and eat up clock because they have never been able to establish the run. They have failed miserably in high pressure situations because of dreadful play calling.

As for yesterday, the main reason we lost is because we couldn't run the football imo. All we needed was a first down here and there and then it would've been over. Some of the play calling was bad but they should have been able to run the ball.

Then allow my to clarify it for you.

Offensive. Line.

The prior staff is gone for several reasons yet, you expect the new staff to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. There are only so many ways to scheme out of a bad OL. I try to avoid running down individual Auburn players because they put it all on the line every week but, as a group we do not have a P5 worthy OL. It is what it is and it won't be a single year fix

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

22 yards 😔

8 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I sure hope he is right, I don't see it right now but these old players are seeing stuff we don't get too. 

FB_IMG_1638116909051.jpg

Hope he's right. I'd just take a 9 win season. Gonna be very hard to replace Zakoby and Pappoe.

Remember the first half against Georgia State? That's what our defense looks like without them.

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

We will be fine next year

No. Unless some absolute OL studs are in the xfer portal, this is not a 1 year project. Next year will probably be rough again and result in the wailing & gnashing of teeth by the I want it now crowd.

• Like 1

i think whether Nix comes back determines to a degree what kind of year we will have. as we evidently have zero options currently in the stable. We need a quality qb next year that's ready to go, and the transfer portal might be the only hope here. Could JT Daniels become available or someone of thst caliber?

2 hours ago, selias said:

Offensive. Line.

The prior staff is gone for several reasons yet, you expect the new staff to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. There are only so many ways to scheme out of a bad OL. I try to avoid running down individual Auburn players because they put it all on the line every week but, as a group we do not have a P5 worthy OL. It is what it is and it won't be a single year fix

OC's are supposed to be miracle workers. Don't you know? OL can't run block? No problem. WRs can't get open or catch the ball consistently with virtually no yards after the catch? No sweat. Needing a backup QB or 3rd string QB to play like Tom Brady immediately due to rough play or injury? Easy as pie. OCs are supposed to scheme and play call around ALL OF THOSE ISSUES or they are failures!

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

OC's are supposed to be miracle workers. Don't you know? OL can't run block? No problem. WRs can't get open or catch the ball consistently with virtually no yards after the catch? No sweat. Needing a backup QB or 3rd string QB to play like Tom Brady immediately due to rough play or injury? Easy as pie. OCs are supposed to scheme and play call around ALL OF THOSE ISSUES? Right?

Preach!

lol

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Trovon Reed did correctly predict us to beat bammer in 2019 just saying

I also predicted Auburn to beat Bama with a backup Qb playing his first road game in the iron bowl.  I am not predicting a national championship in 2022-2023.  I guess we wait and see who is the true Nostradamus of Auburn football.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

i think whether Nix comes back determines to a degree what kind of year we will have. as we evidently have zero options currently in the stable. We need a quality qb next year that's ready to go, and the transfer portal might be the only hope here. Could JT Daniels become available or someone of thst caliber?

I think Daniels has already transferred once. He would have to sit.

12 hours ago, selias said:

Offensive. Line.

Allow me to clarify it for you. 

4th and 1: Instead of using your 6’7 QB or your RB who had been gashing them all night you call a 10 yard pass to a TE. 

4th and goal: Fade to receiver in the back corner of the end zone. 

QB with 1 leg with less than 2 minutes to go: Trotting that QB out when everyone in the stadium knows he can’t do anything mobile wise instead of trying some wildcat or anything to get a first down. 

The OL isn’t any good, but the OC isn’t that great either. I know that Mike Bobo can’t do much of anything with an offense even with a talented OL because I’ve been watching football for a while now and know he’s average at best. 

12 hours ago, selias said:

No. Unless some absolute OL studs are in the xfer portal, this is not a 1 year project. Next year will probably be rough again and result in the wailing & gnashing of teeth by the I want it now crowd.

Out of likes, but this is spot on.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Yes, a fine 7-5 record. 

Yep that what a lot of posters on here consider a good year for a multi/million a year coach . Then you wonder why AU is always stuck in reverse .🤔 For me. Want to see a Bruce Pearl type hire for football. See what you can accomplish when you go all in. 😊

• Facepalm 1