Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

21 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just quoting MikeG from the WarRapport. He has more credence then most these days when it comes to AU football IMO.

I'd be thrilled with top 20. Top 10 is beyond impossible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Wow..how great a shot in the arm that would be with all that’s going on in the AU World!

It would, but if you've followed our recruiting you know it's not even a possibility. Even with a strong finish and some surprise flips.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'd be thrilled with top 20. Top 10 is beyond impossible. 

It clearly isn't if there are guys with more insight into the program then you saying top 10 is possible if we land everyone left on our board.  Unlikely? yes. Impossible? no.  

I am thinking it ends up being right in the middle at top 15 but what is more important imo is the guys we get out of the transfer portal who already have a year or two of playing experience under their belts.

24 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think it was metafour that had a compelling argument that because we have an Offense coach, the OC wasn't a big deal.  Groupthink has accepted that notion.

I see someone hasn’t been taking their daily allowance of Harsinogens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

As far as I have heard we are gonna have some big surprises on signing day. Potential for this class to be 10th in the nation.

There you go being optimistic and all.   Refreshing.

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

There you go being optimistic and all.   Refreshin

I respect the opinions of the guys on the WarRapport and while they tend to be more optimistic, the past week they have alluded to the strong potential for Auburn to hit on almost every recruit left on our board and if that happens we will be close to the top 10.  Plus, I like to not have knee-jerk doomer reactions to everything especially when I think Harsin is the guy.  

MikeG had a twinkle in his eye when he discussed his off the record convo with Harsin after the Iron Bowl.  MikeG liked Harsin but wasn't sold on him, after that convo it was clear, whatever Harsin had to say to MikeG in their 15 minutes had a major impact on MikeG believing Harsin is the guy. He implied that Harsin was very intense in a 1 on 1 setting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

It clearly isn't if there are guys with more insight into the program then you saying top 10 is possible if we land everyone left on our board.  Unlikely? yes. Impossible? no.  

I am thinking it ends up being right in the middle at top 15 but what is more important imo is the guys we get out of the transfer portal who already have a year or two of playing experience under their belts.

So 3 dudes with a YouTube channel are who you're banking on? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

So 3 dudes with a YouTube channel are who you're banking on? 

Banking? no but I put more stock into their opinions than yours that's for sure.

and they aren't just "dudes with a YouTube channel", they have connections with former players, current players and their parents.  Talking to those parents on a regular basis a week. They have Auburn media access which is more then most can say and they are independent of any pay site, which lends them more creedence to me, bc paysite media guys are full of it.  Though for you to try and downplay them is no surprise to me.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

As far as I have heard we are gonna have some big surprises on signing day. Potential for this class to be 10th in the nation.

Would be as our old, late friend would say, “an answered prayer”

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Banking? no but I put more stock into their opinions than yours that's for sure.

and they aren't just "dudes with a YouTube channel", they have connections with former players, current players and their parents.  Talking to those parents on a regular basis a week. They Auburn media access which is more then most can say and they are independent of any pay site, which lends them more creedence to me, bc paysite media guys are full of it.  Though for you to try and downplay them is no surprise to me.

Good on you, new guy. Put stock where you like. We are 13th... in our CONFERENCE currently. We aren't going to be 10th in the nation when the dust settles. It would take a huge haul with a handful of 5 stars, and nobody above 4 stars is even in play.

Like I said, let's be happy if we can pull top 20.

Guest MustardSeed

Sorry to inform the board but Ted Roof is off the table. I know. I know. Guess we will keep Mason. For now 😂. I’d love to see the implosion this board would have had if we had hired Venables and he turned around and hired Roof 😂😂

Just now, AUght2win said:

Good on you, new guy. Put stock where you like. We are 13th... in our CONFERENCE currently. We aren't going to be 10th in the nation when the dust settles. It would take a huge haul with a handful of 5 stars, and nobody above 4 stars is even in play.

Like I said, let's be happy if we can pull top 20.

Stop speaking in terms of definitiveness and like I already said, I don't care what you think, your opinion and takes have been horrible over the past month.  I put 0% stock in anything you say on here. 

And don't refer to people as "new guy" just because they have a lower post count than you.  It's pretty denigrating especially when this "new guy" has made more informative posts that actually contribute to discussions regarding film and scheme in my short time of posting on this site again then any of the negative, pessimistic takes that you throw out on this board.  Further, I have been around these forums since the AuburnEagle days.  It'll be funny if you have to eat crow after all the signing is finished.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Stop speaking in terms of definitiveness and like I already said, I don't care what you think, your opinion and takes have been horrible over the past month.  I put 0% stock in anything you say on here. 

And don't refer to people as "new guy" just because they have a lower post count than you.  It's pretty denigrating especially when this "new guy" has made more informative posts that actually contribute to discussions regarding film and scheme in my short time of posting on this site again then any of the negative, pessimistic takes that you throw out on this board.  Further, I have been around these forums since the AuburnEagle days.  It'll be funny if you have to eat crow after all the signing is finished.

You think us finishing with a top 10 class will make me mad? I'm actually trying to do this staff a favor by tempering expectations.

And yeah. You're entitled to your own subjective opinion. But like it or not, CBH's botching of the Iron Bowl is the common take at this point after some distance from the game. 

Still rooting for the guy hard. But what I've said about our historically bad November, and unprecedented collapse in the IB, is the truth. I don't like it anymore than you do, but I can at least face it.

4 hours ago, GAAubie said:

If Chip goes to Oregon and Harsin goes to UCLA, do we go after Rhett Lashlee? Is that how this works? Asking for a friend.

IF that happened and I think Harsin leaving is slim to none, I would hope we would open up the checkbook for Aranda and have him bring Grimes with him. 

• Like 3

Just now, AUght2win said:

You think us finishing with a top 10 class will make me mad? I'm actually trying to do this staff a favor by tempering expectations.

And yeah. You're entitled to your own subjective opinion. But like it or not, CBH's botching of the Iron Bowl is the common take at this point after some distance from the game. 

Still rooting for the guy hard. But what I've said about our historically bad November, and unprecedented collapse in the IB, is the truth. I don't like it anymore than you do, but I can at least face it.

Never said I thought we would finish with a top 10 class, so don't allege things I never said.  I simply said that there are Auburn guys out there saying "if we hit everyone left on our board we could hit top 10."

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

IF that happened and I think Harsin leaving is slim to none, I would hope we would open up the checkbook for Aranda and have him bring Grimes with him. 

That theory is debunked now that the GA DC was hired at Oregon.

I didn't think Chip had a chance to go back. 

Just now, AEAugirl said:

I'm sorry! I was just trying to get into the "cool kid club" and start unsubstantiated rumors in multiple threads and then say that it was sarcasm(The “he’s leaving” is getting tiresome)!  

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That theory is debunked now that the GA DC was hired at Oregon.

I didn't think Chip had a chance to go back. 

There was a report out they had hired him but apparently that info was incorrect.  They may hire him eventually but as of now no one has been hired. 

I would think Oregon could do better than Dan Lanning honestly.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

I'm sorry! I was just trying to get into the "cool kid club" and start unsubstantiated rumors in multiple threads and then say that it was sarcasm(The “he’s leaving” is getting tiresome)!  

Yes it is, I like Harsin.  

But I like Aranda too 😉

18 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Sorry to inform the board but Ted Roof is off the table. I know. I know. Guess we will keep Mason. For now 😂. I’d love to see the implosion this board would have had if we had hired Venables and he turned around and hired Roof 😂😂

I would expect it to be Venables system.

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

There was a report out they had hired him but apparently that info was incorrect.  They may hire him eventually but as of now no one has been hired. 

I would think Oregon could do better than Dan Lanning honestly.  

Dang, Dan Lanning just can't catch a break huh? Hired by Oklahoma, then not hired. Hired by Oregon, then not hired.

2 hours ago, looney said:

Ha. Sorry. I missed the mark on my "joke," apparently.

I meant that to be a "yeah, right" type of reply implying "some knucklehead" was you.

Sorry. I've had better attempts at humor, I guess.

No worries. I got the reference, I just wanted the chance to counter the Rock with a little Stone Cold. You can never have enough.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

No worries. I got the reference, I just wanted the chance to counter the Rock with a little Stone Cold. You can never have enough.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ugh stale cheap beer... the smell brings me back to my days at the frat house in Auburn

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t see how we have such a powerful silent class without an OC 

wouldnt these guys have a fairly high chance of decommitting if we hiring a scrub?

It doesn’t seem to have hurt Clemson especially since Dabo is not necessarily an offensive guru.