Bo Nix Weighing His Options?

WarEagleHunter1221

What’s with all the Bo Nix transfer talk? Any merit to this? It’s all over Twitter. 

Note: I did not start this thread to have a discussion on whether we will be better or worse without him. Just curious why this talk is catching fire on Twitter all of a sudden. 

He’s contemplating it. Don’t be shocked one way or the other. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He’s contemplating it. Don’t be shocked one way or the other. 

Guess I could have seen that coming. Interesting nonetheless. Let’s hope the DD transfer talks are not true if this is the case. 

Edited by WarEagleHunter1221

Knew this would eventually make it on here but apparently it's a very legitimate possibility. Before everyone melts I'll just say this. Neither side has any ties to each other. There are some good QB's in the portal and I'm sure more who will enter. If there's one area I trust Bobo in, it's QB scouting and development

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BJCrawford said:

If he transfers can he play somewhere else immediately?

I believe so. One time transfer rule OR grad transfer (assuming he graduates in December or May). 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Knew this would eventually make it on here but apparently it's a very legitimate possibility. Before everyone melts I'll just say this. Neither side has any ties to each other. There are some good QB's in the portal and I'm sure more who will enter. If there's one area I trust Bobo in, it's QB scouting and development

Slovis from USC is about to be an option. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Slovis from USC is about to be an option. 

He would be a great option, and dare I say, even an upgrade. I'm assuming Lincoln will bring Caleb Williams with him. @W.E.Dalso mentioned the other USC QB, Jaxson Dart, who is apparently really good as well. This is not even discussing the other possibilities of the UGA logjam, Myles Brennan, etc.

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

He would be a great option, and dare I say, even an upgrade. I'm assuming Lincoln will bring Caleb Williams with him. @W.E.Dalso mentioned the other USC QB, Jaxson Dart, who is apparently really good as well. This is not even discussing the other possibilities of the UGA logjam, Myles Brennan, etc.

Dart is only an option if Riley takes the Caleb from OU with him.  That's yet to be seen.  Dart is also a Tr Fr and I'm pretty sure we'd take a Jr/Sr type guy if Bo transfers.

I don't like the whole talk of Bo transferring, but I get the idea of him submitting his paper work to the NFL and see where his grades come back.  It's a weak QB class in the NFL.  Really weak.  We all know he'll test well at the combine, if he could somehow sneak into Day 2 I could see him going.  I think he either declares for the NFL or comes back.  We'll probably do enough in the portal to bring him back.  Learning another system probably isn't ideal when he could build on 2021.

We can't lose him and Tank.  It would be pretty devastating for the Harsin regime if they lose their best 2 offensive talents after year 1.

• Like 2

There’s probably a lot of factors at play. How he grades. How his ankle recovers and most importantly what type of line and playmakers will be on offense.

4 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I’m not sure I believe he would leave.  He loves Auburn.  He would be the starting QB in the SEC.  Why would he leave?

I could see if it Bobo is fired. 4 systems in 4 years is a lot for anyone. Also, I read a report that the hate from Auburn fans is a factor in his consideration. 

7 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I’m not sure I believe he would leave.  He loves Auburn.  He would be the starting QB in the SEC.  Why would he leave?

I don't think he will leave but there is the fact he will once again play behind a piss poor OL and have a receiving  corp that is anything but sure handed.

• Like 1

I think we gotta take him loving Auburn out of it a little bit. I hope that he does what's best for him and not for Auburn. This could be a good time to strike. He will get a team to take him based on potential alone and let him develop. Plus he can sell how much he already improved in one year under a real QB coach.

If he decides he needs another year, he may think it's best to go to a school that runs an offense that plays to his strengths more and that actually has an OL to protect him. Plus, we're not even considering what Harsin and Bobo think behind closed doors. They may want to bring in their own guy. Who knows.

Nothing personal from either side. If there is one thing we should all trust Bobo on, it's QB scouting and development. They will not die with TJ if they don't think he can improve significantly enough to be a starter. They will find someone out of the portal, and there are already a lot of good names in it 

• Like 2

I´m ambivalent about Bo. I think it´s clear he is better than Finley, although neither is very good when they get no protection from the O-line. Bo showed improvement this year, for sure. But he´s a third-year starter who doesn´t always play like one. Anyhoo, I think he will be back next year and I highly doubt he would transfer.

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

What’s with all the Bo Nix transfer talk? Any merit to this? It’s all over Twitter. 

Note: I did not start this thread to have a discussion on whether we will be better or worse without him. Just curious why this talk is catching fire on Twitter all of a sudden. 

In his interview during the game he said that he has some decisions to make and think about.  All options are on the table.  If he were to leave Auburn it would be for a fresh start and to relieve the added pressure he puts on himself.  He loves Bobo and Harsin, I think the chance of transferring is less than 5%, throw in his fiancé and figuring out how they would handle that situation between the two of them and I think he stays.  Every player should evaluate their situation and do what is best for him and him only.