Bo Nix Weighing His Options?

WarEagleHunter1221

I wouldn’t put money on him staying or leaving, and this “not all Auburn after all” is pure crap.  He’s a young man with a future ahead of him and has to make the best decision in that regard.  If my son were in a similar position we’d be having the same conversation, and believe me, we bleed orange and blue in this household 24/7/365. There isn’t a wall without something AU related (VERY few sports related items) and sleep on orange and blue sheets.  We both love Auburn, but we also understand we have to set ourselves up in the best possible way for success.   

• Like 2

Bo has 2 years left if he so chooses. 

• Like 1

Both sides need to evaluate what's best and who can blame them. Bo should and will weight all of his options. Harsin and Bobo need to be evaluating all QB's both on our roster, in the portal, and guys who could potentially be in the portal and find the guy(s) that they believe is the best option. If that is Bo, full court press. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We're not taking a Jr/Sr transfer QB when we have limited spots and need every transfer to be impactful.  And transfers like that aren't going to come in and compete.  They want to go somewhere to be the starter, they want that job all but given to them.

Near 0% chance

Our recruiting coordinator just started following Dillon Gabriel and Jack Miller.  Gonna be a fun off season for you Bo bros 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Our recruiting coordinator just started following Dillon Gabriel and Jack Miller.  Gonna be a fun off season for you Bo bros 

Jack Miller?  I heard Gabriel would seek out Kiffen at OM, perhaps his offense suits his skills better, idk.

Edited by SRBautigerfan

There’s been smoke about him having a late 2nd round to 4th round draft grades because of his athleticism and “raw talent” before he got hurt. And I guess the obvious of this being a weak QB class. 

It honestly may be his best chance at getting drafted at a decent place and go to a team that can develop him rather than be at Auburn and hope he can develop into a 1st round pick.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Jack Miller got booted from OSU. If he comes to Auburn that would be interesting  because Grenier is supposed to be Harsin guy. I guess may the best man win.

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

There’s been smoke about him having a late 2nd round to 4th round draft grades because of his athleticism and “raw talent” before he got hurt. And I guess the obvious of this being a weak QB class. 

It honestly may be his best chance at getting drafted at a decent place and go to a team that can develop him rather than be at Auburn and hope he can develop into a 1st round pick.

I will eat my hat if Bo Nix is drafted and signs with a team. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, creed said:

Maybe he should have said something like Auburn fans aren't really mean they just don't know s*** about what goes into being a football player or the team. They always complain after the fact stating we should have run we passed and passed when we run. The bright spot is that's only 99% of the fans the other 1% are cool.  😉

I mean, all fans are morons.  Anyone blaming fans comes off as ridiculous.  It's not a good look, IMO.

19 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Jack Miller?  I heard Gabriel would seek out Kiffen at OM, perhaps his offense suits his skills better, idk.

Gabriel is going to go where ever Lebby is.  I wouldn't be shocked if Lebby starts popping up for HC jobs soon

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Remember this is just a rumor.  I find it very hard to believe he would ever leave.

It's a bit more than a rumor as mods on all 3 sites are talking about it.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

IMO, it's in Bo's best interest to play two more years under CBH and CMB. He needs the bad habits coached out of him and you can tell that's happening

I can't see him staying for a 5th year.  Mainly b/c he'd be really old for the NFL draft and it would be another knock against him.  He's already a year ahead b/c he was kindergarden redshirted.  He's going to be 3 years older than a lot of QBs coming out.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I can't see him staying for a 5th year.  

Me either, but I think he probably needs it. He was basically a Freshman this year as far as development goes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

No Bo bro here, just living in reality.  Just like Bo was 100% a lock to be our starter last year vs the ppl claiming DD would take the job in the spring & the ppl claiming TJ would take the job in fall camp.

There is little to no chance we take a Jr/Sr transfer QB.  I could see us taking a 1st or 2nd year player when DD transfers and we've filled all of our needs in the portal

Just now, bigbird said:

Me either, but I think he probably needs it. He was basically a Freshman this year as far as development goes.

100% agree with the development part.  He finally got real coaching for the 1st time in his entire life.  Hopefully his final 4 games where he actually had a multiple game stretch of being pretty good is a culmination of his development and getting comfortable in the offense.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

100% agree with the development part.  He finally got real coaching for the 1st time in his entire life.  Hopefully his final 4 games where he actually had a multiple game stretch of being pretty good is a culmination of his development and getting comfortable in the offense.  

Yeah, if he progresses from where he left off and doesn't slide back to the familiar, then he will do very well next year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, if he progresses from where he left off and doesn't slide back to the familiar, then he will do very well next year

I haven't seen much on his recover timeline, but a "broken ankle" should have him back by spring.  As long as he can go through spring again and we can continue to upgrade the OL, he should have a solid year in 22

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, it's in Bo's best interest to play two more years under CBH and CMB. He needs the bad habits coached out of him and you can tell that's happening

I tend to agree with you but I will say with 100% certainty that he's contemplating a move. The Auburn Family hasn't been kind to him (not everyone of course). He loves Auburn more than most, but he also wants to do what's best for he and his future. 

• Like 3

If he’s thinking about transferring, that tells me he thinks our offensive line will suck next year. Literally no other reason to leave. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The Auburn Family hasn't been kind to him

This seems really stupid.  He's mad at twitter and message boards?  You're a below average starting QB at top tier SEC.  Go to Vandy if you don't want fans giving a damn.

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

he also wants to do what's best for he and his future. 

This needs to be his messaging.  The stuff coming out from his camp about not being cherished and coddled is an awful look.  If he feels he needs to go elsewhere to succeed or it's time to go pro, then that's fine.  Every player should have that right.  I've said that about Tank if he decides to leave.  I'd hate it, but if he feels he needs to go elsewhere to be used better I don't blame him.  I blame our staff for not using him correctly or putting the proper supporting players around him.

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He loves Auburn more than most

This is dumb too.  It's a business.  Act like it, drop the dumbass sentimental crap. 

Just b/c daddy played football and he has the opportunity to play at Auburn doesn't mean his love for it is greater than people who paid their way through school and live and die by 12 games a year as fans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I tend to agree with you but I will say with 100% certainty that he's contemplating a move. The Auburn Family hasn't been kind to him (not everyone of course). He loves Auburn more than most, but he also wants to do what's best for he and his future. 

How do you know this? Genuine question. Not trying to be a tool.