Bo Nix Weighing His Options?

WarEagleHunter1221

He’s Auburn through and through. He isn’t going anywhere. This rumor probably started because in an interview he said he was “weighing his options” for next year. Which is essentially the player equivalent of coaches speak. 

• Like 1

Just now, woodford said:

How do you know this? Genuine question. Not trying to be a tool. 

Coaching connection through his dad at Central. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I tend to agree with you but I will say with 100% certainty that he's contemplating a move. The Auburn Family hasn't been kind to him (not everyone of course). He loves Auburn more than most, but he also wants to do what's best for he and his future. 

I’m all for the kid to do whatever he thinks is best for him, but my opinion is that his best option is staying.  He is getting taught the art of being a QB right now by this staff.   The little things it takes that most don’t even know.  It’s the things between the ears that will get him to the next level.   His first two years   I would have laughed if you said he was capable of making an NFL team.    If he plays two more years and continues to improve the way he did this year, he will guarantee himself a spot in the draft.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I tend to agree with you but I will say with 100% certainty that he's contemplating a move. The Auburn Family hasn't been kind to him (not everyone of course). He loves Auburn more than most, but he also wants to do what's best for he and his future. 

So he's weighing is options because his fanbase didn't show him enough love, appreciation and praise?

IF that's his thoughts, then he doesn't have thick enough skin for an NFL career. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, keesler said:

So he's weighing is options because his fanbase didn't show him enough love, appreciation and praise?

IF that's his thoughts, then he doesn't have thick enough skin for an NFL career. 

It's never just about that, but if you are considering something and weighing the factors it will creep into ones mind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Coaching connection through his dad at Central. 

I support the player’s right to transfer if they wish but losing him would suck big time. We would have to pray we get a QB transfer. 

The known is better than the unknown many times but he should absolutely weigh his options and do what he feels is best. Don't forget that Bo has shown more than once that he is a man of strong faith. He will ultimately end up staying or going based on where he feels he is being lead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Jack Miller?  I heard Gabriel would seek out Kiffen at OM, perhaps his offense suits his skills better, idk.

Jeff Lebby, the OC at Ole Miss, was Gabriel's OC/QB coach his freshman season.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

It's never just about that, but if you are considering something and weighing the factors it will creep into ones mind. 

Yeah, I can honestly where he'd have a lot of frustration with this program after 3 yrs in the system. 

The SEC is big time football with rabid fans that have little to no patience for developmental training with their coaches or players.  When we see young 1st yr starting QB's lighting it up in this league we expect the same from our own QB's.  When we see fundamentally developed QBs leading their teams and racking up W's in the process, we expect the same from our QB.  

I've never trashed the kid, I've always felt he got the raw end of the deal at AU when he chose to sign with CGM & his carousel of OC/QB coaches.  He's apparently at a point where he has to think of this future (engaged, etc.) and he has to do what's best for him at this point. 

• Like 1

I think for a person to have any.....I guess understanding as far as fan involvement. You'd have to visit many many fan boards. I just visit this board personally. As far as this board you are lying if you say he's mistreated. But once again I can only speak for this board and of course this isn't all fans.

Either way, I know since it's him a majority won't say this, it's so crazy I honestly don't believe it at all. But if he's contemplating leaving because of fans it's one of the most mentally weak examples I have ever seen or heard. But once again I don't believe that for a second

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

This seems really stupid.  He's mad at twitter and message boards?  You're a below average starting QB at top tier SEC.  Go to Vandy if you don't want fans giving a damn.

This needs to be his messaging.  The stuff coming out from his camp about not being cherished and coddled is an awful look.  If he feels he needs to go elsewhere to succeed or it's time to go pro, then that's fine.  Every player should have that right.  I've said that about Tank if he decides to leave.  I'd hate it, but if he feels he needs to go elsewhere to be used better I don't blame him.  I blame our staff for not using him correctly or putting the proper supporting players around him.

This is dumb too.  It's a business.  Act like it, drop the dumbass sentimental crap. 

Just b/c daddy played football and he has the opportunity to play at Auburn doesn't mean his love for it is greater than people who paid their way through school and live and die by 12 games a year as fans.

Couldn’t agree more. Not wanting to be criticized sounds petulant, especially when I’ve watched him yell at his teammates for three seasons. We need a leader, not a baby. If he wants to leave because the fans haven’t been “nice” to him, then good riddance to that childishness. 

15 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I could see if it Bobo is fired. 4 systems in 4 years is a lot for anyone. Also, I read a report that the hate from Auburn fans is a factor in his consideration. 

Due to his longevity at Auburn, he’s probably faced the most volume of hate of any Auburn player I’ve seen, while still attending Auburn. The perspective on him is as polarized and estranged as any spectrum in America you can think of 

Anyone in here who’s never attended a college has to understand, there’s virtually no wall between those athletes and the student-fans around them. Not to mention this guy routinely tries to keep a pulse on the crowds during games, and those haven’t been on his side often as the years progressed. I can definitely see why he’d feel that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

This seems really stupid.  He's mad at twitter and message boards?  You're a below average starting QB at top tier SEC.  Go to Vandy if you don't want fans giving a damn.

This needs to be his messaging.  The stuff coming out from his camp about not being cherished and coddled is an awful look.  If he feels he needs to go elsewhere to succeed or it's time to go pro, then that's fine.  Every player should have that right.  I've said that about Tank if he decides to leave.  I'd hate it, but if he feels he needs to go elsewhere to be used better I don't blame him.  I blame our staff for not using him correctly or putting the proper supporting players around him.

This is dumb too.  It's a business.  Act like it, drop the dumbass sentimental crap. 

Just b/c daddy played football and he has the opportunity to play at Auburn doesn't mean his love for it is greater than people who paid their way through school and live and die by 12 games a year as fans.

You’re very insulated if you believe he’s only gotten hate from those venues, as he attends a campus with 30k+ people who are largely just like those morons on message boards and Twitter, just without anonymity. And nowadays, there’s means of sending hate that’s a lot more direct than those fields, while still using fake profiles. 

Not to mention, there’s also simply people who will say slick s*** in passing to him and especially his girl. Even if he only gets 10% of the venom that’s spewed in totality, that’s a lot of venom. 

• Like 5

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You’re very insulated if you believe he’s only gotten hate from those venues, as he attends a campus with 30k+ people who are largely just like those morons on message boards and Twitter, just without anonymity. And nowadays, there’s means of sending hate that’s a lot more direct than those fields, while still using fake profiles. 

Not to mention, there’s also simply people who will say slick s*** in passing to him and especially his girl. Even if he only gets 10% of the venom that’s spewed in totality, that’s a lot of venom. 

C'mon.  You think students are regularly talking s*** to him on campus?

“Well, it’s definitely my school,” Nix said. “I’m graduating in a couple of weeks. I’m graduating in three years; that was my goal coming in, so Auburn is definitely my school. I think it will always be my school, but obviously right now, I’m just trying to get healthy. I’m not sure what next year looks like. I got to get my ankle better first. I got to make sure that I can play and get back to my normal self.”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The starting job at Auburn is not really guaranteed, it is just his to lose with the current roster.  If coaches are looking in the portal, they might find a QB that beats him for the job.

Sure, that’s possible. I find an incoming transfer starting over him if he stays more far fetched than his transferring out to a better situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

If he’s thinking about transferring, that tells me he thinks our offensive line will suck next year. Literally no other reason to leave. 

Auburn's Oline probably will suck next year.  Basically a complete rebuild job.  Even if Auburn scores some transfers it'll be mid season before they mesh more than likely.  Good Olines play together for years and build communication and trust.  Next year at minimum new Center, 1 if not 2 new tackles, Guards are probably good with the depth Auburn actually has at that position.  2023 would be the earliest you see a SEC quality line IMO.

I would think him being booed off the field by his own student section against Ga. State, and the entire stadium and sideline erupting when Finley entered the game would hurt a lot more than what the extreme fans on message boards say. That's tough to come back from, and props to him for that. Doubt these guys have much time to read message boards much

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Spencer rattler will get a ring I imagine 

That’s scary. He is a turnover machine. Would love to have Gabriel if the opportunity presented itself,  but I am probably bias.

Edited by e808

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s scary. He is a turnover machine 

He had 4 in the first 6 games he started.  While completing north of 70% of his pass and completing 10tds.  His YPA was over 9, so that's not an elevated comp% with a ton of screens

He only had 7 in 2020 and that included one awful game vs KState where he threw 3.

I wouldn't call that a turnover machine

Edited by W.E.D

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He had 4 in the first 6 games he started.  While completing north of 70% of his pass and completing 10tds.  His YPA was over 9, so that's not an elevated comp% with a ton of screens

He only had 7 in 2020 and that included one awful game vs KState where he threw 3.

I wouldn't call that a turnover machine

Did his turnovers not result him being benched a few times and eventually lost his starting job. Also there were a lot of near picks in most of those games

Edited by e808