Bo Nix Weighing His Options?

WarEagleHunter1221

42 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Transferring would be a huge roll of the dice for him. Guaranteed starting job here.

The starting job at Auburn is not really guaranteed, it is just his to lose with the current roster.  If coaches are looking in the portal, they might find a QB that beats him for the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just took it as whatever the player equivalent to coach speak is.

But yeah, he will likely request a draft grade and unless someone who makes a lot more money than myself sees something I don't, I doubt he gets an enticing grade.

9 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I just took it as whatever the player equivalent to coach speak is.

But yeah, he will likely request a draft grade and unless someone who makes a lot more money than myself sees something I don't, I doubt he gets an enticing grade.

And let’s put it this way if you got that grade in school you would have to repeat the class

• Haha 2

He should.  Bo has three years of data and it is telling him he is a high 50% completion passing QB.  His QBR is in the lower 3rd in the SEC.   If he wants Harsin to just give him the starting spot, then bye. 

I wouldn't be surprised either way. Haven't seen any of the buzz on Twitter, but where exactly would he plan on going that he could start immediately and be a championship contender? 

Not that we are winning a championship within his eligibility window, but we are at least at the table. 

Also, we will find someone in the portal and be just fine. Feel like we are all beating a dead horse, but it doesn't matter who is under center until we get some OL and receivers. 

9 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

He should.  Bo has three years of data and it is telling him he is a high 50% completion passing QB.  His QBR is in the lower 3rd in the SEC.   If he wants Harsin to just give him the starting spot, then bye. 

There isn't a single player on our roster that is going to beat Bo out.  TJ showed you he isn't ready.  DD is behind multiple walk-ons and a TrFr coming in from a lower classification in GA isn't going to be the starter.

Sure, the coaches will tell the media there is a "competition" but you're out of your mind if you think this staff isn't going to go into the Spring with Bo as a lock for #1 and getting the vast majority of the 1st team reps.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

He leaves , we pick up the QB from UCF. Such an Auburn thing to happen in reality 

JABA 🤣 but honestly I don't think they are gonna try for him, he doesn't fit the system and he isnt that great. Atleast as of right now Im like 75% sure we don't. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

There isn't a single player on our roster that is going to beat Bo out.  TJ showed you he isn't ready.  DD is behind multiple walk-ons and a TrFr coming in from a lower classification in GA isn't going to be the starter.

Sure, the coaches will tell the media there is a "competition" but you're out of your mind if you think this staff isn't going to go into the Spring with Bo as a lock for #1 and getting the vast majority of the 1st team reps.

Who said anything about a player on our roster? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

Who said anything about a player on our roster? 

We're not taking a Jr/Sr transfer QB when we have limited spots and need every transfer to be impactful.  And transfers like that aren't going to come in and compete.  They want to go somewhere to be the starter, they want that job all but given to them.

Near 0% chance

Edited by W.E.D

He would be crazy to leave here. He's protected here, it is interesting though.....shows he's not as all auburn as been portrayed. I really wouldn't see the point.

What higher profile school than us could he go and actually start? Only place I can think is maybe lsu to be a spot that could possibly up his stock. If I were him LSU or sit my ass down

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

JABA 🤣 but honestly I don't think they are gonna try for him, he doesn't fit the system and he isnt that great. Atleast as of right now Im like 75% sure we don't. 

I was mostly joking. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo Nix head to Orlando with Gus and pull a Jeff driskel 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was mostly joking. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo Nix head to Orlando with Gus and pull a Jeff driskel 

I figured you were jk lol but it wouldn't surprise me one bit either. I love being an Auburn fan 🤣 

What would have been wrong for him to say "looking forward to completing rehab on the ankle and going through spring , working with the new guys and blah blah blah..."?  Instead, it's some cryptic coach speaky "we'll see what the future brings" kinda bs.     Is he just looking to get some love / reassurance from the staff?   

or is this like a pro "thinking" about retirement?  if you're thinking about it, in your mind, you're already there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guy got good coaching for the 1st time in football career and he'd go back to Gus?  Logically that doesn't work in my brain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He would be crazy to leave here. He's protected here, it is interesting though.....shows he's not as all auburn as been portrayed. I really wouldn't see the point.

What higher profile school than us could he go and actually start? Only place I can think is maybe lsu to be a spot that could possibly up his stock. If I were him LSU or sit my ass down

The report Hoke put out seems pretty ridiculous and soft.  He's blaming the fans for being critical of him?  s***, good luck going anywhere else and especially if you have dreams of being a pro.  Thinking Auburn fans are mean....kid ain't seen s***

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUpocalypse said:

Yep, Izzy Smoke... and she's a sophomore

Izzy Smoke sounds like a cool rocker name. 

43 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not that we are winning a championship within his eligibility window, but we are at least at the table. 

not to be too pessimistic here, but I wouldn't exactly say we're "at the table" any more than most other average P5 teams next year. 

I don't see what Bo would gain from transferring to another school though, unless he's thinking about taking a shot at the NFL.  

He could go basically anywhere in the county even the SEC west teams and play an easier schedule than Auburns next year as well as 🆕 t has so many question marks on the offensive line as we are facing this year

• Like 1

As I said in another thread him leaving for the draft isn’t all that crazy. The QB class this year is dreadful and he does have “potential”. He could easily get a 2nd-3rd round grade with the way teams overreach for a QB. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

He could go basically anywhere in the county even the SEC west teams and play an easier schedule than Auburns next year as well as 🆕 t has so many question marks on the offensive line as we are facing this year

Country. Not county

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The report Hoke put out seems pretty ridiculous and soft.  He's blaming the fans for being critical of him?  s***, good luck going anywhere else and especially if you have dreams of being a pro.  Thinking Auburn fans are mean....kid ain't seen s***

Maybe he should have said something like Auburn fans aren't really mean they just don't know s*** about what goes into being a football player or the team. They always complain after the fact stating we should have run we passed and passed when we run. The bright spot is that's only 99% of the fans the other 1% are cool.  😉

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1