Bo Nix Weighing His Options?

WarEagleHunter1221

2 hours ago, Taco said:

I think the word on Bo in the scouting world is he has all the tools wanted in a modern QB (natural arm talent, athleticism, flexibility in release points.) He just needs to be developed, which NFL teams can do by drafting him and stashing him for a few years. Don’t know how much I agree with this, but I think there’s some merit on his draft grades coming in early-mid rounds. 

I mean most of Bo’s issues comes from poor footwork and pocket presence, I guess that’s easier to teach than the mental moxie and arm talent in general, but I’m not really scout… 

Links?

16 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And that’s nothing compared to being beaten and crucified. There’s always one worse.  Partnering with the voice of the enemy and abusing another person for any reason is always wrong. And yes I’m guilty of this as well. The book of James tells us if we break one law we are just as guilty as the one who breaks them all and Matthew talks about not pointing out the specs in other eyes when we have a log in our own eye. I think we all probably have some logs in our eyes and most including myself can do better at not calling out players in bad ways. 

It was a joke

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Links?

Please see Jordan Palmer projecting him #1 overall

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, W.E.D said:

It was a joke

Cool. It was still a good place for me to say what I wanted to 🙂. I wasn’t pointing anything at anyone just making an observation of how we can all do better

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Technically sure. But he only completed 56% of his passes, had terrible footwork and couldnt handle any game on the road and only got worse in most stats his second year.  Add in that he didn’t understand how to read defenses or go through progressions and it’s actually mind blowing Gus was here as long as was

I'd say that anytime you're bringing in big recruiting classes, have assembled a staff chalk full of au guys and are giving your team a chance to pop once every three years in the nation's most brutal conference then it's not mind blowing at all. His biggest downfall was hiring Chad Morris who a lot of people once begged for as the next au coach in addition to be unable to notch a few wins vs lsu and georgia. What's mind blowing is the inability of auburn fans to temper their expectations in this division but they will be forced to over the next decade or so it appears. 

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I'd say that anytime you're bringing in big recruiting classes, have assembled a staff chalk full of au guys and are giving your team a chance to pop once every three years in the nation's most brutal conference then it's not mind blowing at all. His biggest downfall was hiring Chad Morris who a lot of people once begged for as the next au coach in addition to be unable to notch a few wins vs lsu and georgia. What's mind blowing is the inability of auburn fans to temper their expectations in this division but they will be forced to over the next decade or so it appears. 

In 8 years he hit 10 wins TWICE. But thanks for stopping by Gus 😂

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Please see Jordan Palmer projecting him #1 overall

Links? I said. Palmer who was paid by Bo and NFL teams are two different entities. There's nobody that's an actual scout that wouldn't be scared about Bo's accuracy. 

Whichmeans you wouldn't dare draft him early. Late round I'll give that a maybe. And that's a maybe maybe

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Links? I said. Palmer who was paid by Bo and NFL teams are two different entities. There's nobody that's an actual scout that wouldn't be scared about Bo's accuracy. 

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was kidding about Palmer.  I agree, he's paid by Bo to say those things

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

In 8 years he hit 10 wins TWICE. But thanks for stopping by Gus 😂

Exactly. I just looked at his record again, and he hardly “popped” every three years. The bottom line is Gus was stale. His program was stale. His philosophy was stale. His offense was gimmicky and stale. He recruited okay, but never made a ton out of those recruits. He had no more chess moves. We need to just stop talking about him. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was kidding about Palmer.  I agree, he's paid by Bo to say those things

Ahhhh sarcasm. I actually thought about that but trust me I've been here a long time, this board in general is horrible at separating NFL and college talent and add on to that, that it's Bo......there's people thinking he's a sure fire NFL talent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ahhhh sarcasm. I actually thought about that but trust me I've been here a long time, this board in general is horrible at separating NFL and college talent and add on to that, that it's Bo......there's people thinking he's a sure fire NFL talent

C'mon.  When have I ever been overly optimistic about Bo 😐

• Facepalm 1

I'm trying to figure out whether it's pathetic or comical that there's so much negativity towards this child. The most absurd term I've seen used is that Bo is "trash".

Isn't he Auburn's all time leading passer?

1 hour ago, jaydubb121 said:

I'm trying to figure out whether it's pathetic or comical that there's so much negativity towards this child. The most absurd term I've seen used is that Bo is "trash".

He’s not the all time leading passer right now, but he will be if he stays. I’ve never seen anyone call him trash. Sad if true. Also, he isn’t a child. He’s an adult though I’ve seen him act like a child on the sidelines at times. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who would draft him?  Really?  NFL QB?  I say this as I do for any Auburn athlete...the funnel to the NFL is infinitesimally small.  I hope he's used him time getting the right degree and preparing himself for the working world. 

• Like 1

3rd or better he goes, 4th and later he stays in college.  Harsin probably going to have to give him a good OL to stick around on the Plains.

I don’t see him getting drafted higher than 5th or 6th, TBH.

Edited by AUDevil

19 hours ago, jaydubb121 said:

Bruh he's 22 and engaged.  He's a grown ass man

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Who would draft him?  Really?  NFL QB?  I say this as I do for any Auburn athlete...the funnel to the NFL is infinitesimally small.  I hope he's used him time getting the right degree and preparing himself for the working world. 

He will not be getting drafted as a QB as of today. That is an Auburn pipe dream. I hope he has been working on his hands 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bruh he's 22 and engaged.  He's a grown ass man

And he's technically a pro athlete...rolling in that Milo's money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are 259 total NFL draft picks.  He's the 70th rated QB in the NCAA; about like his 1st 2 years.  Who, ever, is going to draft him?  Playing in the SEC West is hard...playing QB in the NFL is an order of magnitude harder and eats up even outstanding QB's...I don't get this ongoing infatuation with a below average SEC QB.  I wish him the best. I hope he's studied hard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

There are 259 total NFL draft picks.  He's the 70th rated QB in the NCAA; about like his 1st 2 years.  Who, ever, is going to draft him?  Playing in the SEC West is hard...playing QB in the NFL is an order of magnitude harder and eats up even outstanding QB's...I don't get this ongoing infatuation with a below average SEC QB.  I wish him the best. I hope he's studied hard.

I don't think it is out of the question that he could get drafted in the late 6th or 7th round. 

Edited by W.E.D

There is upside with him and he seemed to start to show it towards the end of the year.  He'll test well.

These are 7th round drafted QBs.  They aren't amazing.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tommy-stevens-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jake-luton-1.html

There is no reason he should declare for the NFL this year.

Edited by W.E.D

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

Not sure how NFL tests his capability to hit the small windows. The rest he will test well IMO. Don’t think they will test that unless he declares for NFL. I think he gets a lower grade and decides to stay in college. He also may go to another place that he believes will give him enough time to make the throws. Something at this point looks doubtful here.