Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And that’s likely against the NIL rules, right?  NCAA already has a few schools under investigation for breaking those rules. A coach basically paying a player straight out of a company he partly owns should bring a pretty severe penalty…if any of that still matters…which apparently it does for our basketball team…

So what happens if he goes there for a year then transfers? Does he keep that 1.5 mil deal?

Infinite kablooeys today! What an explosion of wins for Auburn recruiting today.

2406CDCD-7BC2-43BA-AFA1-54ABBB179E66.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

So what happens if he goes there for a year then transfers? Does he keep that 1.5 mil deal?

I have to imagine there are contingencies built in. 

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, BJCrawford said:

I’m sure there is some type of contract. Who knows what’s in it

Just now, toddc said:

Infinite kablooeys today! What an explosion of wins for Auburn recruiting today.

Finally I can breathe seeing Kablooey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

You've been missed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AUreo said:

We didn’t really steal him. Bama can only take so much. It’s true but he is still a Bama/UGA caliber player who will make an impact here.

Saban visited him last week

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gctiger said:

It's Rolling Baby!!!

Mike Price.jpg

Oh yeah, he loved Ft Walton beach.  And those 3 months at bama.   What a great choice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, toddc said:

HE'S BAAAAACK

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And that’s likely against the NIL rules, right?  NCAA already has a few schools under investigation for breaking those rules. A coach basically paying a player straight out of a company he partly owns should bring a pretty severe penalty…if any of that still matters…which apparently it does for our basketball team…

I highly doubt they’d have Portnoy promoting this and even do this move if they didn’t go over it with a fine tooth comb. Deion is too smart for that, and definitely knows FSU is vindictive enough to come after the legality if there was such a hole 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I’m sure there is some type of contract. Who knows what’s in it

Just wondering if things like this will end up being short sighted. It’s a lot of money but if playing there hurts his future chances at all in the NFL (would only apply to the top percentage but still)since he would not exactly be playing against top talent.

14 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Yep, there are already a lot of discussions going on about the NIL with schools just running with it and not using it properly. Will see how they reel it in if at all. It's definitely already being abused from it's actual intent.

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I highly doubt they’d have Portnoy promoting this and even do this move if they didn’t go over it with a fine tooth comb. Deion is too smart for that, and definitely knows FSU is vindictive enough to come after the legality if there was such a hole 

I’m not so sure about that. He just did this to his alma mater…

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Just wondering if things like this will end up being short sighted. It’s a lot of money but if playing there hurts his future chances at all in the NFL (would only apply to the top percentage but still)since he would not exactly be playing against top talent.

I imagine Deion has some pull with his connections to the league as well though.  He will need to dominate against that comp though.  

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sorry guys I'm lecturing about Citizenship this period so I have to be up and moving. Will try to catch up where I can.

Zeek! You are a machine!  
Does this mean we’re getting Citizen from lsu today?

Edited by auburndkel
  • Like 2