Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

Sorry guys I'm lecturing about Citizenship this period so I have to be up and moving. Will try to catch up where I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Deion owns a stake in Barstool and they are openly buying him the #1 player in the country.  NIL is wild

And that’s likely against the NIL rules, right?  NCAA already has a few schools under investigation for breaking those rules. A coach basically paying a player straight out of a company he partly owns should bring a pretty severe penalty…if any of that still matters…which apparently it does for our basketball team…

54 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Stole a LB from bama??!!!

Stealing anyone, especially a LB from Bama shows you can recruit.  Harsin has had #1 recruiting classes in every conference he has been in.  That carries over no matter where you go.  Better resources, chance at better players.  But he can definitely recruit.  Seeing that now.  

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's just crazy.  Deion knows the game better than anyone I imagine.  But breaking the precedent with #1 overall player going to a FCS school.  Crazy. 

• Like 1

Camden Brown seriously came down to the wire. Big win. Brown OV'd UGA this past weekend.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Just now, tbone1430 said:

Up to the #13 class but who’s counting 😎🍾

I think that is better than the #34 we were at the other day right ?  Oh yah, we're cruitin.

Edited by IronMan70

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Camden Brown seriously came down to the wire. Big win.

If I'm not mistaken, he's teammates with that elite OL that visited out of nowhere recently and who is now not signing with FSU today as expected. @Brad_ATX is probably right that it's a Miami thing and not an Auburn thing, but getting Brown can only help keep us alive.

-1 p.m. CT: DL Khurtiss Perry, Pike Road (Ala.) -- CBS Sports HQ: Final four of Auburn, Alabama, Clemson and UCF. Most see this as an in-state battle.

-2 p.m. CT: WR Darrius Clemons, Portland (Ore.) Westview -- CBS Sports HQ: Michigan is the Crystal Ball favorite. Auburn and Oregon remain in the hunt.

Two more players to watch

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This is a hilarious listen, a Fire Mike Norvell Twitter Room:

Lol. Didn't he get an extension yesterday

16 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Up to the #13 class but who’s counting 😎🍾

Something tells me that certain people are only going to resume counting if we start sliding back down...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Stealing anyone, especially a LB from Bama shows you can recruit.  Harsin has had #1 recruiting classes in every conference he has been in.  That carries over no matter where you go.  Better resources, chance at better players.  But he can definitely recruit.  Seeing that now.  

That's just crazy.  Deion knows the game better than anyone I imagine.  But breaking the precedent with #1 overall player going to a FCS school.  Crazy. 

Saban showed him how to use that Aflac money 😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

We didn’t really steal him. Bama can only take so much. It’s true but he is still a Bama/UGA caliber player who will make an impact here.

***WHEN EACH COMMIT WOULD ARRIVE AT AUBURN***

JANUARY 2022: 3-star WR Jay Fair, Rockwall-Heath (Texas)

JANUARY 2022: 4-star QB Holden Geriner, Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School

JANUARY 2022: 3-star S Marquise Gilbert, Hutchinson Community College (Kan.)

JANUARY 2022: 3-star LB Powell Gordon, Auburn (Ala.)

JANUARY 2022: 3-star OL Eston Harris, Auburn (Ala.) 

JANUARY 2022: 4-star CB JaDarian Rhym, Valdosta (Ga.)

JANUARY 2022: 3-star TE Micah Riley-Ducker, Bellevue West (Neb.)

JANUARY 2022: 3-star S Caleb Wooden, Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer

SUMMER 2022: 4-star RB Damari Alston, College Park (Ga.) Woodward Academy

SUMMER 2022: 4-star DB Austin Ausberry, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab

SUMMER 2022: 4-star S Tre Donaldson, Tallahassee (Fla.) Florida State Univ. School (Also will play basketball)

SUMMER 2022: 4-star WR Omari Kelly, Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.)

SUMMER 2022: 3-star PK Alex McPherson, Fort Payne (Ala.)

SUMMER 2022: 3-star DT Enyce Sledge, Monroe (La.) Neville 

SUMMER 2022: 4-star DE/DT Caden Story, Lanett (Ala.)

• Thanks 4

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Saban showed him how to use that Aflac money 😂

Out of reactions already. But that's good. He got that Alfac money

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

DL is not weak.  Story, and  Sledge are committed and I am banking we get M'Ba and a shot at Perry.  Of all the positions on the Auburn team D-Line is where we will lose the least. Plus next year I expect a lot from the two Freshman Hunter and Robinson and Pegeus is just starting to come on at end of year.  Edge Rushers Hall and Leota got better as year went on and Harris was able to player multiple positions on D-Line. Hall had a great year as edge rusher.

O-Line has been mentioned multiple times for HS we have to wait on Late Signing and we need help in the Portal.

I would be shocked it Story doesn’t decommit at some point. Sledge is a good add for depth but not a game changer.   Leota is decent but just doesn’t have the athleticism. Hall has potential. I like your optimism but when you look at our DL and OL vs Bama and UGA, it’s not even close.  No one on our OL or DL would start for UGA. If you want to compete for championships, that can’t be the case. 

• Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Jimmy Rane better get off his ass and drop $1.5m on an OT

I want the kind of guy that would come for a half case of Miller Lite and 3 racks of ribs a week. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just wait until we have a good season or two. We're going to look back at the can he recruit stuff and laugh. 

If you can coach, I mean really really coach you'll be able to recruit easy at a big enough school. Watch

That’s what I’ve been saying. People are so bent out of shape asking if he can recruit, but that’s the wrong question. The right question is can he coach, and if so, then you have a yes to both. I believe he can coach, so I’ve never been worried about his recruiting. The whole, “This is the SEC not the West” was and is waaay overblown IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1