Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

Ya know, just creeping towards a top 15 class or better.  Not bad for a bunch of potato munchers who don’t know how to recruit in the big bad SEC!!!  They my crew!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Just wait until we have a good season or two. We're going to look back at the can he recruit stuff and laugh. 

If you can coach, I mean really really coach you'll be able to recruit easy at a big enough school. Watch

Love to hear your optimism. (I know you're not making big predictions or anything.)

I feel like this class is well ahead of schedule if we make good in the portal for OLs. If we look competent next season and the development is apparent as the season goes on then holy crap we're going to be happy this time next year like folks are predicting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Interesting. There was a highly rated recruit that went to a small school before. I think it was New Mexico State or something like it. I haven't heard of him since. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just wait until we have a good season or two. We're going to look back at the can he recruit stuff and laugh. 

If you can coach, I mean really really coach you'll be able to recruit easy at a big enough school. Watch

you-know-it-you-know-this.gif

• Like 3

#1 Prospect in the country flipped from FSU to JSU...

Word is that Barstool gave him a $1.5 million deal to do so... wow

• Like 4

Defensive depth is quickly being fixed. Do need a LB and EDGE from the portal though. Great job by this staff so far. Portal is huge for offense

Just now, Zeek said:

#1 Prospect in the country flipped from FSU to JSU...

Word is that Barstool gave him a $1.5 million deal to do so... wow

A shame that the NIL only benefits the big boys

• Like 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

A shame that the NIL only benefits the big boys

I think this is interesting. Does this decision hurt him in the long run? Who knows. It will be interesting to watch. Kinda litmus test. 

Auburn parted ways with him this week. Glad he found a good landing spot.

• Like 4

Also I want to point out, and I'll be repeating this over and over because I feel that it's really important, but we are going into our second year. We just installed this defense. I think we are going to improve a bunch once we get a bit of consistency going. I feel this has been lost out of a bunch of people memory.

I even remember bammer lost so many guys to the NFL one year that their defense went down and jumped right back up. That shows you it wasn't because they didn't have talent to replace those lost..... It was just a gap where the young guys got forced to play and they still had to learn the defense to execute it. 

Only thing I'm worried is d line particular nose guard depth to be able to anchor. Because yes it's a 3 man front. If our guys can stay fresh a bit we have seen multiple times in the season what we will be capable of being

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Also I want to point out, and I'll be repeating this over and over because I feel that it's really important, but we are going into our second year. We just installed this defense. I think we are going to improve a bunch once we get a bit of consistency going. I feel this has been lost out of a bunch of people memory.

I even remember bammer lost so many guys to the NFL one year that their defense went down and jumped right back up. That shows you it wasn't because they didn't have talent to replace those lost..... It was just a gap where the young guys got forced to play and they still had to learn the defense to execute it. 

Only thing I'm worried is d line particular nose guard depth to be able to anchor. Because yes it's a 3 man front. If our guys can stay fresh a bit we have seen multiple times in the season what we will be capable of being

Finding a transfer QB is going to be critical 

• Like 1