Brahms and Troxell returning...

Tigerpro2a

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Surely you don’t suggest we turn down bringing those guys back in order to take a chance on those you mentioned.  Just to try to make them more comfortable to come in.

I think bringing these guys back is a peak into the confidence level we have of getting Torrence/Brooks/Cornell Kid.

Trox and Brahms both announced they were returning after Torrence and Brooks visited and we couldn't get a commitment from the.  Which had been reported as "disappointing" from our coaches by internet insiders. 

21 hours ago, steeleagle said:

That's what I'm worried about we settle for worst case as it now stands.

I love that guys in the trenches want to return, but I see issues with this. Other than they are better experienced in the HArsin offense and line calls we were an average OL w/ at least Troxell and Brahms rated avg or at the bottom in OL grading over the year.

1. Brahms is good but he is not a big center that is going to move those big NG/DT that the top SEC send at you in the middle. 

2. Brahms and Troxell may be 5th and y year guys, but I don't see that will make them stronger after 5 years of already doing that.

3. Troxell for sure has been injured, I heard from some poster that Brahms is going to have some surgery/rehabbing. These guys are old in the tooth and to me are wearing down.

4. We struggled trying to make that tough 1-2 yards on crucial 3rd/4th downs. Calzada better be smarter in the pocket, bc he will get more sacks on him, if we can't hold the pocket most of the time.

I just hope we can bring some OL transfers in here that can compete and at least win some starting jobs, that allows these 'experienced/stronger returnees' to be solid backups.

Lifting for rehab and lifting to get into shape are two completely different animals. So different that the only thing similar is literally they are lifting something. If you don't think these guys can get stronger you are misinformed. 

Also you talk as if they are 33. If you think a 22 year old have exhausted all of their potential once again you are misinformed

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lifting for rehab and lifting to get into shape are two completely different animals. So different that the only thing similar is literally they are lifting something. If you don't think these guys can get stronger you are misinformed. 

Also you talk as if they are 33. If you think a 22 year old have exhausted all of their potential once again you are misinformed

Trox should be able to get stronger/better if he can stay healthy.

Unfortunately Brahms has another offseason surgery.  Everyone's knock on him is always he isn't strong enough, will get stronger this coming offseason...then he's hurt.  Think he's also had back issues in the past.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

are you coming back for another year?

If I could still play golf like I did in college in a frickin New York minute I would plus of course the GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

• Love 1

Harsin is definitely not telling these current OL starters to move on so he’s got 2 possibilities 

1. He needs them bc he’s worried we’re striking out on the ones left we are rcruiting. 
2.. he needs competition and depth so he’s feels good about getting 1-3 of these OL he’s recruiting but needs the vets to stay for depth. 

if we strike out badly on these OL Friend has to go. And we know why. 

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If I could still play golf like I did in college in a frickin New York minute I would plus of course the GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

When I was at AU the golf team always reeled in the hottest girls....  Not😀

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Flapper girls make Golf woozie 

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread. Boy we sure could have used some replacements on the offensive line. Troxell is a constant victim of abuse. And Brahms didn’t even make it to game one. @W.E.Dyoull get a chuckle from this thread.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bumping this thread. Boy we sure could have used some replacements on the offensive line. Troxell is a constant victim of abuse. And Brahms didn’t even make it to game one. @W.E.Dyoull get a chuckle from this thread.

January 11th.

LMAO of ppl claiming "returning" staters that weren't even going to return scared people off.  Harsin recruited them after he struck out on every OL in the portal

On 1/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, W.E.D said:

I think bringing these guys back is a peak into the confidence level we have of getting Torrence/Brooks/Cornell Kid.

Trox and Brahms both announced they were returning after Torrence and Brooks visited and we couldn't get a commitment from the.  Which had been reported as "disappointing" from our coaches by internet insiders. 

Welp

On 1/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, W.E.D said:

Gonna run back the same bad OL we had last year.

Awesome development 

On 1/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, ClaytonAU said:

At least you’re consistent

Consistently correct?

On 1/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, LPTiger said:

And tiresome.

It's hard looking at the truth and being worried.  I agree.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, warhogone said:

What a shmuck!

Always funny how emotional some people are vs being factual and just accepting the truth.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1