Brahms and Troxell returning...

Tigerpro2a

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I see hot take mcdouchedaddy couldn't make it to the bathroom before spewing. TFOH with that crap. Nobody is entertained by the angry incel act around here. It's boring. 

It’s mainly douche-baggy but your description is much more vivid

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, warhogone said:

What a shmuck!

Don’t agree with this personal comment, but really don’t understand why people don’t believe AU coaches aren’t going to play the best they have on the roster in every position. It’s like they believe people have to leave to keep the coaches from playing them.

28 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t agree with this personal comment, but really don’t understand why people don’t believe AU coaches aren’t going to play the best they have on the roster in every position. It’s like they believe people have to leave to keep the coaches from playing them.

Who made a personal comment?  I said nothing personal about Brahms or Troxell.  Edit, nvm. Reread.  See you were talking about the guy name calling like a child

The entire board is begging for a ton of OL starters in the portal and I get down voted by asking if "We're going to run it back next year with the same OL".  

What's more, not sure anyone is saying we aren't playing the best OL, we just don't have many quality SEC OL on our roster and we're starting the best ones we have, at the moment...hopefully that changes

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I see hot take mcdouchedaddy couldn't make it to the bathroom before spewing. TFOH with that crap. Nobody is entertained by the angry incel act around here. It's boring. 

*bandname

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who made a personal comment?  I said nothing personal about Brahms or Troxell.  Edit, nvm. Reread.  See you were talking about the guy name calling like a child

The entire board is begging for a ton of OL starters in the portal and I get down voted by asking if "We're going to run it back next year with the same OL".  

What's more, not sure anyone is saying we aren't playing the best OL, we just don't have many quality SEC OL on our roster and we're starting the best ones we have, at the moment...hopefully that changes

My point to your comment was that I believe we will play our best OL even if they are returning players. Best is best.

I feel like these guys improved quite a bit this year.  This just makes recruiting OL that much easier, at least for this year. Great News!

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

*bandname

Very low appeal. Very small following.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

My point to your comment was that I believe we will play our best OL even if they are returning players. Best is best.

Don't disagree with you.  At the moment it's looking like our best will be 3/5 returning starters, 4/5 from our bowl game

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So how far off is this from our starting OL on Labor Day weekend 2022

Trox
Jones
Brahms
Wright
Zierer

Seems like one guard spot is really the only position uo for grabs. Not sure how many grad type transfers we can sell to come here when there isn't a clear spot to start. 

Hopefully they can find some mid clas year guys 

I would not be surprised to see Colby Smith as a starter this year. Assuming no Portal I could see O-Line being:

LOT Smith 

LG Jones

C Brahms

RG Troxell

RT Zierer

Even though there are some younger players who could play guard.

Worst case. Similar OL, but older, wiser, stronger. Best case. With a little portal help, depth. Meaningful depth.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If you're talking about who I think you are it's funny to me that the guys that post stuff like that are the always the ones that come at me out of the blue complaining aboutmy post

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If you're talking about who I think you are it's funny to me that the guys that post stuff like that are the always the ones that come at me out of the blue complaining aboutmy post

Eh, let's be honest, I could be talking about a lot of people and so could you, lol

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If he was a Bo defender, it would be pretty humorous b/c it was an out of the blue random attack on TJ

I am glad for both of them coming back for one more season.  It says a bunch about what they think of the coaching staff.  I also hope they are facing the toughest competition they have ever faced for those spots come fall ball.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I am glad for both of them coming back for one more season.  It says a bunch about what they think of the coaching staff.  I also hope they are facing the toughest competition they have ever faced for those spots come fall ball.

I think there are a couple of underclassmen that are going to be making a run at it in the offseason too.

11 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I think there are a couple of underclassmen that are going to be making a run at it in the offseason too.

Who?

Good news! Great news would be reeling in about 3 top transfers from the portal with multiple years of eligibility remaining and having a almost entirely new offensive line next season.