Brahms and Troxell returning...

Tigerpro2a

Happy about Troxell, but I was hoping to see what an offensive line with Brahms and with Hunter Narddog at Center looked like. Can’t hurt to have the depth though. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I believe we will still hit the portal pretty hard. Everything depends on what we do in the portal. Right now I would project both of these guys to be starters alone with a couple transfers, but I could easily see the German replacing Trox. He performed pretty well and still has a lot of room to grow. 

You can believe every thread is going to have some level of absurdity. 

I've been hoping a couple guys on the OL would use their COVID year. We need all the help we can get. 

Also hope we are pushing the portal hard. I think we are, but it will be nice to see some results. 

So how far off is this from our starting OL on Labor Day weekend 2022

Trox
Jones
Brahms
Wright
Zierer

Seems like one guard spot is really the only position uo for grabs. Not sure how many grad type transfers we can sell to come here when there isn't a clear spot to start. 

Hopefully they can find some mid clas year guys 

Edited by W.E.D

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna run back the same bad OL we had last year.

Awesome development 

At least you’re consistent

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

At least you’re consistent

How dare I want to improve our OL this offseason. 

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

And tiresome.

Keep your head in the sand if you think I'm only negative.

28 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Until we get into a repetitive cycle of recruiting and signing a several quality O Linemen EACH and EVERY year, this was the best news we could have hoped for in terms of the O Line. We don't have the established depth that comes with continually recruiting this position annually, so getting some experienced guys who are good can only help. And if we bring in competition via the portal, that's OK too but better to start with some returning pieces. I'm glad their both returning 

Absolutely a huge positive and pleasant surprise.

If nothing else I like the message sent with guys returning that could be moving on and that aren’t just “I deserve more playing time” guys. Still hope that we get quality OL in the portal though

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Same sentiment most have when we roll out a bottom quartile OL. But W*E

Well….bye 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Ha I had an interaction with her a few weeks ago on FB, told her selfishly I hoped her son came back but knew every situation was different and wished him the best regardless 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

This comment is completely out of nowhere and would suck wherever it was. 

How much would you have hated losing to GA State? 

I wish there was a way to like this post more than once

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, fredst said:

I wish there was a way to like this post more than once

i covered for you.

• Like 1

I see hot take mcdouchedaddy couldn't make it to the bathroom before spewing. TFOH with that crap. Nobody is entertained by the angry incel act around here. It's boring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

All of the upperclassmen choosing to return can only be looked at as a positive in my opinion. I feel like it shows that they believe in the foundation that Coach Harsin and others are building here.

I don't understand how fans can look at these O-linemen returning and say it's a bad thing. Just last night during the National Title game, Herbstreit said that the O-line is effected by veteran players more than any other position group. It's kinda rare to see an O-lineman start as a freshman in the SEC. These guys returning can only be a positive. If nothing else, it adds depth and they can mentor the incoming freshmen. 

My grandpa used to tell me when I was a young boy that "some people just choose to go through life being negative about everything. You could give those type people a $100 bill out of the goodness of your heart and they would complain because the corners were wrinkled on it." 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna run back the same bad OL we had last year.

Awesome development 

What a shmuck!

• Like 4

wormtongue.jpeg

Hottakes McDouchedaddy as seen in LOTR.

Edited by AUx
  • Love 1