Russia vs Ukraine

SaturdayGT

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re right.  I should have ignored the whataboutism of the partisan poster and not responded.  I’ll try harder.

You can leave as far as I am concerned.  You have a very bad ratio of trolling to reasoned commentary.

This thread is worth serious discussion.  If you can't bring that, just leave.

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You can leave as far as I am concerned.  You have a very bad ratio of trolling to reasoned commentary.

This thread is worth serious discussion.  If you can't bring that, just leave.

So this is the response when I agree with your point?  I’ll stay just the same.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) called Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky a “thug” and the Ukrainian government “evil” in a video obtained and published by North Carolina affiliate WRAL amid the ongoing Russian invasion.

"Remember that Zelenskyy is a thug," Cawthorn said in the recording. "Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies."

Sounds like someone's been listening to Sputnik News lately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Former President and certified 'very stable genius' adds in his expert take on how the Ukraine crisis will unfold. 

Unbelievable this fool was elected POTUS, even if by a minority.

If we as a country don't overhaul our electoral system we are doomed to fail. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How much lower can they go?  NM, I don't want to know.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Edit: @auburn41 No rebuttal? I notice you always 'dislike' my posts, but you never say anything or make an argument of your own. 

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I didn't know you were so sensitive.  If you need a rebuttal from me when I give you a "thumbs down" in the future, then you can attribute my opinions to be 180 degrees from yours.  You battle it out with three or four others on this forum to be the most wrong on just about everything you discuss.  I'll steal a quote from a terrible Democrat Senator that had a Chinese spy as a driver for 20 years to describe you........"The dogma lives loudly in you."

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

41 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I didn't know you were so sensitive.  If you need a rebuttal from me when I give you a "thumbs down" in the future, then you can attribute my opinions to be 180 degrees from yours.  You battle it out with three or four others on this forum to be the most wrong on just about everything you discuss.  I'll steal a quote from a terrible Democrat Senator that had a Chinese spy as a driver for 20 years to describe you........"The dogma lives loudly in you."

Gottcha. 

I'll just assume moving forward that you are another person who is very confident in WHAT you believe, but don't have a good grasp on WHY you believe it, which is why you aren't able to write out your own thoughts or views in these discussions. 

carry on. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Good info source. I am not vouching for her, but she is a Russian journalist and seems genuine in much of what she says regarding Putin and Russian Oligarchs. I have gone over a lot of what she has had to say in the past and to be frank, some parts of it did not age that well, but there is a lot of insight here to be gained. No one is 100% correct all the time. I know I am not and she is not either.

Edited by DKW 86

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I thought his comments regarding the Migs was very practical. 

Taiwan comments were also interesting.

Edited by homersapien

On 3/11/2022 at 10:53 AM, homersapien said:

Yeah but the current class clowns of Biden and Harris make me feel only slightly better. I hope there's a better option in 2024. 

Just now, autigeremt said:

Yeah but the current class clowns of Biden and Harris make me feel only slightly better. I hope there's a better option in 2024. 

Whatever Biden's and Harris's faults, they are not in the same league as Trump.  Not even close. 

You're comparing Biden and Harris to a narcissistic psychopath.  The main reason Trump is siding with Putin now is because Zelensky would not play ball with him to impugn Hunter Biden.  Personal revenge is something that drives him.

Trump could give a s*it about this country, much less the free world.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Whatever Biden's and Harris's faults, they are not in the same league as Trump.  Not even close. 

You're comparing Biden and Harris to a narcissistic psychopath.  The main reason Trump is siding with Putin now is because Zelensky would not play ball with him to impugn Hunter Biden.  Personal revenge is something that drives him.

It doesn't change the fact that we are being led by the bottom of the barrel. Democrats need to do a much better job fielding the most important candidate(s) in the nation. 

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It doesn't change the fact that we are being led by the bottom of the barrel. Democrats need to do a much better job fielding the most important candidate(s) in the nation. 

I believe you are both correct.  However, until money is removed from the political process and, from the legislative process, it will not happen.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Yeah, they need their version of Trump. ;D

But then, they might run short of the requisite "useful fools", which is maybe why they don't have him/her today. (Or maybe its just that progressives don't have an inherent mean streak and the same capacity for fear than conservatives possess.)

And while I am not a big Biden fan, your statement that he is the "bottom of the barrel" is clearly opinion, not fact.  I think he's doing a pretty good job in managing our country - and arguably the free world - in this crisis, at least so far.

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I believe you are both correct.  However, until money is removed from the political process and, from the legislative process, it will not happen.

And which party tried the most to change that?

Which party is the most likely to try to change that in the future?

(Spoken as more of a progressive than a Democrat.)

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And which party tried the most to change that?

Which party is the most likely to try to change that in the future?

(Spoken as more of a progressive than a Democrat.)

I have said it before, there is only one party that holds regard for the principles of democracy and all that it implies.

But, until we as people unite, we cannot find enough power for that to mean much.

So, let's not play the partisan card.  It won't help.  Let us rely on reason.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, they need their version of Trump. ;D

But then, they might run short of the requisite "useful fools", which is maybe why they don't have him/her today. (Or maybe its just that progressives don't have an inherent mean streak and the same capacity for fear than conservatives possess.)

And while I am not a big Biden fan, your statement that he is the "bottom of the barrel" is clearly opinion, not fact.  I think he's doing a pretty good job in managing our country - and arguably the free world - in this crisis, at least so far.

Opinion is mostly what we have here, but I know a very flawed leader when I see one and in this case it’s both of them. She’s embarrassing on the world stage and he doesn’t have the wear with all to truly lead or serve appropriately. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Love homers amateur psychiatry.  You must think it makes you sound educated and analytical.  Just to be clear:  Trump “could give a s*it”  or “couldn’t give a s*it”?  Or are you too dim to know the difference?

We can all see Trump for he and what he is.  Reality is the same for all of us.

The difference is simply, some people like who he is.  Actually, they love who he is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The difference is simply, some people like who he is.  Actually, they love who he is.

As several of my friends belonging to various demographics have said, at least he brought so many of them out into the open. 

• Sad 1