Carter II?

DKW 86

• DKW 86 changed the title to Carter II?

Isn't is just amazing how leftist cried Trump would crash the US economy (standard talking point for every Republican President) and start WWIII, they were only off one President. Instead of the ridiculous "build back better", I would be happy if brandon had the ability to take it back to where he found it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

“Meanwhile, the Biden administration was busy changing its narrative about high gas prices. After promising a couple of weeks ago to “work like the devil” to address rising gas prices, Biden himself said he “can’t do much right now” because “Russia is responsible” as he arrived in Fort Worth, Texas for an event”

Well, no. These are Feb #'s and only include small Russia effect. This is Biden's inflation and he needs to own it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Meanwhile, the Biden administration was busy changing its narrative about high gas prices. After promising a couple of weeks ago to “work like the devil” to address rising gas prices, Biden himself said he “can’t do much right now” because “Russia is responsible” as he arrived in Fort Worth, Texas for an event”

Well, no. These are Feb #'s and only include small Russia effect. This is Biden's inflation and he needs to own it.

Oil and gas are traded on a FUTURES market.  So, no.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Oil and gas are traded on a FUTURES market.  So, no.

The hedge (futures trading) is betting the CONTINUED complete incompetence's of brandon. brandon has accomplished a complete destruction of the US economy in less than a year and it took Carter 3 years to reach these levels.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, keywest said:

The hedge (futures trading) is betting the CONTINUED complete incompetence's of brandon. brandon has accomplished a complete destruction of the US economy in less than a year and it took Carter 3 years to reach these levels.

Please state the Biden policies that have caused inflation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

@homersapien just passing on what I read and yes I watched Fox this morning. When Trump in office it could rain on the homecoming day halftime festivities and you would blame him.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

@homersapien just passing on what I read and yes I watched Fox this morning. When Trump in office it could rain on the homecoming day halftime festivities and you would blame him.

Examples? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keywest said:

This is Hilarious.  You must realize on some level that economic performance does not mirror policy, but instead trails policy.  A portion of the current inflation can be directly traced to Trump's decision to juice the economy with more deficit spending and a massive corporate tax cut and temporary individual cut.  I say a portion, because the truth is that the economy cycles regardless of who is President. 

Reasons that this is not like the Carter years....

(1)  We currently have a housing market on fire.  Interest rates in 1979 for a 30 year fixed were around 11%.  They peaked in 1982 at 16.6% for a 30 year fixed mortgage.  Today that rate is around 4%.  Home values are at an all time high.  A home doesn't naturally appreciate at the rate we are seeing.  That is creating a bubble that will, without a doubt, burst at some point in the next few years.  Another mortgage crisis will be upon us with 30% to 40% of all outstanding loans being in excess of the value of the home that secures them.  That will force a round of foreclosures and the result of that will be a market correction.

(2) The job market is strong today, compared to the late 1970s. Peak unemployment trailed Carter's presidency, reaching 11% in 1983.  In 1978, the unemployment rate average was around 7.5%. Today that rate is 4%.

(3) Russia's occupation of Afghanistan can't really be compared to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Ukraine has a functioning elected government.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

You know exactly brother/sister Itchy, Russia, border, virus, climate, bad policeman………….

Homer doesn't post opinion as fact and, when he posts opinion, he includes his reasoning.   You cannot equate him to someone who regurgitates nonsense.

I have learned a lot from Homer. 

You know you love Homer as much as I do.  You say sorry.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Homer doesn't post opinion as fact and, when he posts opinion, he includes his reasoning.   You cannot equate him to someone who regurgitates nonsense.

I have learned a lot from Homer. 

You know you love Homer as much as I do.  You say sorry.

Love you brother but that is the funniest thing written on this board in a while. Homey posts up so much crap that it dazzles the mind. He has posted up BS article after BS article about some lame ass head shrinker sighting drive by diagnosises of people they don’t like and haven’t spent even one minute with them on the couch. They are talking about something they have zero knowledge of and are trying to influence the s*** for brain pseudo-thinkers. These articles are the definition of mindless brainless drivel. How can anyone with a ******* brain take that level of s*** journalism and actually sight it over and over and over again? But yet, even when it is pointed out and he is laughed to ridicule, he continues to post the s*** up time and again. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Love 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is Hilarious.  You must realize on some level that economic performance does not mirror policy, but instead trails policy.  A portion of the current inflation can be directly traced to Trump's decision to juice the economy with more deficit spending and a massive corporate tax cut and temporary individual cut.  I say a portion, because the truth is that the economy cycles regardless of who is President. 

Reasons that this is not like the Carter years....

(1)  We currently have a housing market on fire.  Interest rates in 1979 for a 30 year fixed were around 11%.  They peaked in 1982 at 16.6% for a 30 year fixed mortgage.  Today that rate is around 4%.  Home values are at an all time high.  A home doesn't naturally appreciate at the rate we are seeing.  That is creating a bubble that will, without a doubt, burst at some point in the next few years.  Another mortgage crisis will be upon us with 30% to 40% of all outstanding loans being in excess of the value of the home that secures them.  That will force a round of foreclosures and the result of that will be a market correction.

(2) The job market is strong today, compared to the late 1970s. Peak unemployment trailed Carter's presidency, reaching 11% in 1983.  In 1978, the unemployment rate average was around 7.5%. Today that rate is 4%.

(3) Russia's occupation of Afghanistan can't really be compared to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Ukraine has a functioning elected government.

Why are leftist so completely brain dead when it comes to finance/economics? The EXPLODING inflation is 100% due to brandon's policies and has absolutely NOTHING to due with Trump, your twisted leftist ideology will NEVER let you accept reality.

1. The current housing market is small part due to current low rates from Trump policies, part panic buying because of the KNOWN expect explosion of coming rising rates (like inflation) directly from brandon's policies and GREATLY due to the lack of raw material from the complete destruction of supply lines from the completely unneeded extended shutdowns forcing the purchase of only existing homes.. The housing bubble will be extremely minimal due to lagging supply chains and the lack of unsecured loans (people have a minimal of 20% skin in the game) as in past bubbles.

2. Do you really believe in your fantasy world that "Today's rate is 4%"?

3. Putin patiently waited MANY years until the US had a completely inept spineless President to begin his process of re-uniting the old Soviet Union. He never dreamed he would get as lucky as having an incompetent President as Biden that is purchasing oil from him to fund 40% of his efforts. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Please state the Biden policies that have caused inflation.

Tinker Bell just magically made inflation explode in the the last 12 months since brandon took office, there not one thing else that can explain the explosion of inflation?

• Haha 2

In the world of political reality, perception is political reality. The political reality/perception of all this is that Biden is getting blamed and it is sticking. 

Edited by DKW 86

51 minutes ago, keywest said:

Tinker Bell just magically made inflation explode in the the last 12 months since brandon took office, there not one thing else that can explain the explosion of inflation?

Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Love you brother but that is the funniest thing written on this board in a while. Homey posts up so much crap that it dazzles the mind. He has posted up BS article after BS article about some lame ass head shrinker sighting drive by diagnosises of people they don’t like and haven’t spent even one minute with them on the couch. The are talking about something they have zero knowledge of and are trying to influence the s*** for brain pseudo-thinkers. These articles are the definition of mindless brainless drivel. How can anyone with a ******* brain take that level of s*** journalism and actually sight it over and over and over again? But yet, even when it is pointed out and he is laughed to ridicule, he continues to post the s*** up time and again. 

Stop.  This is wrong.  In more than one way.

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Stop.  This is wrong.  In more than one way.

The funny thing is that you are such a narrative troll on some things that you cant see it...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 4

Just now, DKW 86 said:

The funny thing is that you are such a narrative troll that you cant see it...

No.  You're good.  Homer is good.  I'm good.  Both of you should let it go. 

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

What do you honestly think the cause of WORLD-WIDE inflation?

• Like 1

Lee, drive by psycho analysis is something the intellectually flyweight witches on The View do. it should NEVER be taken seriously, unless it is done in humor. That is the kind of crap for a morning talk show. "Here Joe and Mika, we need to fill 20 minutes of dead air. We are bringing on Dr. Doofenschmertz to give us his drive by, info starved, book about how Politician X is really a Closet Cross Dressing, Serial Killing Nazi that likes to sing Wagner, while he works at the Dairy Queen in Slapout Alabama..."

IOW it is too stupid to be taken seriously at all and the very idea anyone would even bring it up should be a 100% Total Disqualification.

If you are going to do a driveby diagnosis, then quit calling yourself a Doctor. Maybe you and the rest of the Psychiatric business should just cut out the high cost of offices and just start doing drivebys on the whole country...

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

What do you honestly think the cause of WORLD-WIDE inflation?

My simplistic understanding is supply chain disruptions and demand for goods post shut down.  Why did Trump catch so much  flack for a WORLD-WIDE pandemic?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I think people greatly over-estimate what any President can and can't do regarding the economy-  especially in the short term -  that includes Trump.   And like 9377 said, economic effect trails policy, often by several years.

Otherwise, when you direct a post to me, please offer a realistic example of whatever point you are trying to make.

I can't respond to facetious comments like the above.  (Of course you know that, which is undoubtedly why you proffered it.)

Edited by homersapien