"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

AU was 6-3 in games Bo started, 0-5 in games he didn't start so if winning matters......

Oh so you giving Bo that GA st win huh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh now we can mention Gus? 

😂

Why not? Eight years and never a losing season. The current coach already can't match that record.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh so you giving Bo that GA st win huh

Of course, he started the game. If you take that win away, you have to take the loss he got hurt in away, it's all the same.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Back at u

I think that's too complicated for that one to comprehend.

• Haha 2

Just now, e808 said:

@DAGat the end of the day it’s not that serious. Let’s just hope for a good season

I agree

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

Back at u

The clown emoji was unnecessary, I should only reserve that for Mikey, Viper, TB and the like, my bad man.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think that's too complicated for that one to comprehend.

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't think I remember watching a game and thinking if it wasn't for Bo.......I don't even remember feeling comfortable. But that's not just Bo that's with any QB last year or the year before. I'm literally going to go look at some arky highlights so I can have some fond memories. Thanks!

Bo felt in control that game. Good decisions, none of the wacky s***. IIRC, the first longish TD pass was a very pretty ball. The second was a little underthrown, but still gave his guy a shot. And it worked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Bo felt in control that game. Good decisions, none of the wacky s***. IIRC, the first longish TD pass was a very pretty ball. The second was a little underthrown, but still gave his guy a shot. And it worked. 

I really thought the team was gonna turn a corner after the Arky game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

The clown emoji was unnecessary, I should only reserve that for Mikey, Viper, TB and the like, my bad man.

I like how you are one of few people on here that can admit fault and change his mind. 

@e808is not a clown, as far as I can remember. I'll admit I've skimmed this thread and I don't agree with everything he's said, but it seems like his overarching point is that Gus is a better recruiter than Harsin. That's not a wild opinion, at this point.

We all know Gus couldn't develop and his system sucked. Harsin has him beat on both. But I do have concerns about the roster 2023 and beyond. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I like how you are one of few people on here that can admit fault and change his mind. 

@e808is not a clown, as far as I can remember. I'll admit I've skimmed this thread and I don't agree with everything he's said, but it seems like his overarching point is that Gus is a better recruiter than Harsin. That's not a wild opinion, at this point.

We all know Gus couldn't develop and his system sucked. Harsin has him beat on both. But I do have concerns about the roster 2023 and beyond. 

yeah the clown emoji was a quick off the hip reaction in between queues for a video game match with buddies, as soon as I looked back I thought "ehhh, that was uncalled for."

agree with your synopsis of Gus v Harsin regarding recruiting/scheme/development as it pains me to say Gus could get them on campus, once they were here, though...

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of course, he started the game. If you take that win away, you have to take the loss he got hurt in away, it's all the same.

That's a disingenuous argument. Bo got pulled against ALABAMA STATE because he simply could not move the ball. TJ came in cold and on one drive, with all the pressure on, did what Bo could not do. Here are Bo's stats from the game: 

CMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT LNG SACK RTG

QBR

13 27 156 48.1 0 0 28 1 96.7 24.3

Again, against ALABAMA STATE. 

Bo also stunk it up against Texas A&M, while the defense played well (sound familiar?). Bo managed 3 points and fumbled (without being touched), giving up an A&M TD. Here are Bo's awful stats from that game:

MP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
20 41 153 48.8 0 1 15 4 75.3

Bo essentially lost both of those games, but got bailed out in one. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

That's a disingenuous argument. Bo got pulled against ALABAMA STATE because he simply could not move the ball. TJ came in cold and on one drive, with all the pressure on, did what Bo could not do. Here are Bo's stats from the game: 

QBR

Bo also stunk it up against Texas A&M, while the defense played well (sound familiar?). Bo managed 3 points and fumbled (without being touched), giving up an A&M TD. Here are Bo's awful stats from that game:

It's not only disingenuous but in bad faith.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

QBR

He was lousy against Georgia State. We shut out Alabama State 62-0. But our D was also lousy against Georgia State— made a walk on RB look like a Heisman candidate.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He was lousy against Georgia State. We shut out Alabama State 62-0. But our D was also lousy against Georgia State— made a walk on RB look like a Heisman candidate.

Haha, thanks. I definitely meant Georgia State. At least I capitalize my mistakes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Funny, I watched those highlights a few days ago. Auburn played a heck of a game on the road against an Arkansas team that had a lot of confidence. P sure they were smoked by Georgia the week before but still better than usual. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

QBR

OMG 41 passing attempts? Yikes! I was at a wedding that day so I missed the whole game. Did not realize we threw it that much. 

• Like 1

We didn’t win the game, but I also liked the 2020 Texas A&M game.  His top three play I will always remember is the game winning drive against Oregon, the 2021 LSU pass, and this broken down Texas A&M play:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We didn’t win the game, but I also liked the 2020 Texas A&M game.  His top three play I will always remember is the game winning drive against Oregon, the 2021 LSU pass, and this broken down Texas A&M play:

Wow, forgot about that play. Bo was fun to watch for plays like that. Hopefully he can take the step forward at Oregon that he never took here.

Inconsistent offensive line play and inconsistent wide receiver play made Auburn a difficult place for a quarterback to be highly successful the last two seasons he was here, but Bo was his own worst enemy in that he also lacked consistency. The receivers took a lot of heat last season, but Bo was equally hit or miss, which basically describes his whole career at Auburn. I’ll always appreciate his toughness, but despite the apparent chip he seemed to play with, Bo never appeared to have the full and unwavering support of the locker room. Why that may have been the case, we can only speculate, but I have my own suspicions. Both TJ and ZC look to me to be more naturally relatable. 

I think the QB room took a step forward with Bo leaving and ZC coming in. I feel better about that as I’ve continued to read about and watch ZC play, throw, and speak. My suspicion is that Calzada starts based on the level of play that he displayed last season, vs what TJ showed. And, I think Calzada has a swagger about him that we haven’t seen in our QB room in a long, long time. But, both possess great physical tools and I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, the offense will be better this season. Mark my words. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Wow, forgot about that play. Bo was fun to watch for plays like that. Hopefully he can take the step forward at Oregon that he never took here.

Inconsistent offensive line play and inconsistent wide receiver play made Auburn a difficult place for a quarterback to be highly successful the last two seasons he was here, but Bo was his own worst enemy in that he also lacked consistency. The receivers took a lot of heat last season, but Bo was equally hit or miss, which basically describes his whole career at Auburn. I’ll always appreciate his toughness, but despite the apparent chip he seemed to play with, Bo never appeared to have the full and unwavering support of the locker room. Why that may have been the case, we can only speculate, but I have my own suspicions. Both TJ and ZC look to me to be more naturally relatable. 

I think the QB room took a step forward with Bo leaving and ZC coming in. I feel better about that as I’ve continued to read about and watch ZC play, throw, and speak. My suspicion is that Calzada starts based on the level of play that he displayed last season, vs what TJ showed. And, I think Calzada has a swagger about him that we haven’t seen in our QB room in a long, long time. But, both possess great physical tools and I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, the offense will be better this season. Mark my words. 

I think all of that is fair.  I am rooting for him at Oregon however, just like I am rooting for most of the other transfers at their respective schools.

Speaking of Calzada, there is a great clip of him throwing to Tank put out on Instagram this morning from @sniperschool but you have to have Instagram to view it apparently.  Mane Eazy posted it on Facebook though.

7 hours ago, Didba said:

@e808 is a really good poster. We just tend to agree to disagree. The other guys for sure. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Didba said:

yeah the clown emoji was a quick off the hip reaction in between queues for a video game match with buddies

Not to nerd out on you, but what game?

Edited by abw0004

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Funny, I watched those highlights a few days ago. Auburn played a heck of a game on the road against an Arkansas team that had a lot of confidence. P sure they were smoked by Georgia the week before but still better than usual. 

That was the game where the entire team truly looked like how Hars wanted them too. First off great game plan and execution from the jump. Arky made their little run and took the lead. No panic on the sidelines, forced a big play on defense, and then went for their throat. Beautiful.

It was also the game that Bo played system football. Best and cleanest game of his career imo because he simply played within the confines of the team and let his coaches and teammates make him look good. Called sticking to the script. Just a great game, and why Calzada gives me slight hope. Due to limitations he is going to have to play within the scheme. No backyard stuff. 

• Like 1