"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

8 hours ago, cbo said:

That's a disingenuous argument. Bo got pulled against ALABAMA STATE because he simply could not move the ball. TJ came in cold and on one drive, with all the pressure on, did what Bo could not do. Here are Bo's stats from the game: 

What's wrong with my statement? I posted that AU was 6-3 in games Bo started, 0-4 in games he didn't play in. If credit is taken away for the Ga. State game, then blame must be taken away for the game in which he was injured and didn't get to finish. I don't see where stats play into what I said.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wow, forgot about that play. Bo was fun to watch for plays like that. Hopefully he can take the step forward at Oregon that he never took here.

Inconsistent offensive line play and inconsistent wide receiver play made Auburn a difficult place for a quarterback to be highly successful the last two seasons he was here, but Bo was his own worst enemy in that he also lacked consistency. The receivers took a lot of heat last season, but Bo was equally hit or miss, which basically describes his whole career at Auburn. I’ll always appreciate his toughness, but despite the apparent chip he seemed to play with, Bo never appeared to have the full and unwavering support of the locker room. Why that may have been the case, we can only speculate, but I have my own suspicions. Both TJ and ZC look to me to be more naturally relatable. 

I think the QB room took a step forward with Bo leaving and ZC coming in. I feel better about that as I’ve continued to read about and watch ZC play, throw, and speak. My suspicion is that Calzada starts based on the level of play that he displayed last season, vs what TJ showed. And, I think Calzada has a swagger about him that we haven’t seen in our QB room in a long, long time. But, both possess great physical tools and I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, the offense will be better this season. Mark my words. 

Sure hope you’re right about that last part. Bo was fun to watch sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

But, both possess great physical tools and I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, the offense will be better this season. Mark my words. 

We'll have what is probably the most experienced O-line in the history of college football, thanks to the Covid year. We'll also have a top quality running back. Some offensive improvement is to be expected.

The part about both QB's possessing great physical tools is something that I'm yet to be convinced about. An argument could be made that Bo Nix has greater physical tools that either of the current candidates. The inexperienced Geriner may have the best tools on the team.

It will be an interesting season to be sure. Ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

We'll have what is probably the most experienced O-line in the history of college football, thanks to the Covid year. We'll also have a top quality running back. Some offensive improvement is to be expected.

The part about both QB's possessing great physical tools is something that I'm yet to be convinced about. An argument could be made that Bo Nix has greater physical tools that either of the current candidates. The inexperienced Geriner may have the best tools on the team.

It will be an interesting season to be sure. Ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".

Experience is overrated for this offensive line. They just aren’t good. They could all stay 5 more years and not be the best line in the division. They just simply don’t have it.

Hopefully they can marginally improve to give us a chance to run the ball. But I’m very concerned about the offense.

• Like 2

A QB needs to be able to throw the ball well to ever say they possess great physical tools

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Based on what I’ve seen, Calzada and Finley are a class above Bo in terms of sheer arm talent. Some of the videos of Calzada throwing this summer are very, very impressive, and we already know TJ has a cannon. 

Geriner is a wonderful talent and has a bright future ahead of him. He may end up being the best of the best of the bunch. Talking about physical tools again, our entire 4-deep has a ton of talent. There is going to be close competition for every spot on the depth chart. Hopefully that competition produces a clear starter. 

Edited by Barnacle

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did you just say you are predicting our OL to be better this year than last? I am claiming that a “ray of sunshine” prediction by you, and it is one of the few positive statements so I am also claiming you are “on board” with this team. Glad to have you rowing in the right direction.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not to nerd out on you, but what game?

OW2 Beta.

47 minutes ago, Didba said:

OW2 Beta.

Gotcha!  Big Halo player myself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Did you just say you are predicting our OL to be better this year than last? I am claiming that a “ray of sunshine” prediction by you, and it is one of the few positive statements so I am also claiming you are “on board” with this team. Glad to have you rowing in the right direction.

I'm always on board with any AU team. I have serious doubts that this football coaching staff can lead the team to their potential, which is on the limited side anyway when considering the competition.

Ten pages about Bo Nix and not one mention of what I consider to be his most memorable moment. Getting close to the end of the '19 Iron Bowl and if we have to punt the ball back to bammer, we'll almost certainly lose. Bo, Gus or some combination of the two trick the enemy into having 12 players on the field and Bo has the football moxy to line it up, get it right and point it out to the refs.  AU gets a first down via the five yard penalty, runs the clock out and wins. Not just any freshman could have pulled that off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wrong time for this thread. People are still very polarized. When all is said and done, so think Bo will be looked at more positively than negatively. And honestly I think not having him next year is going to hurt. He isn’t the superstar some expected him to be, but he is far from the worst QB we have had in the past few decades. And he did a lot of it with poor support around him. 

At the same time, he was very inconsistent, and I think that’s why the people who don’t like him don’t like him. Expectations for him as a freshman were way too high, and I think a lot of folks were waiting for him to become the superstar they expected, only to be disappointed that it never completely clicked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Wrong time for this thread. People are still very polarized. When all is said and done, so think Bo will be looked at more positively than negatively. And honestly I think not having him next year is going to hurt. He isn’t the superstar some expected him to be, but he is far from the worst QB we have had in the past few decades. And he did a lot of it with poor support around him. 

At the same time, he was very inconsistent, and I think that’s why the people who don’t like him don’t like him. Expectations for him as a freshman were way too high, and I think a lot of folks were waiting for him to become the superstar they expected, only to be disappointed that it never completely clicked. 

This thread was made in response to Golf's request as a joke. It was never meant to actually take off.  States as much in the OP.

Edited by Didba

5 hours ago, Didba said:

This thread was made in response to Golf's request as a joke. It was never meant to actually take off.  States as much in the OP.

Well it has made my job easier I appreciate you starting it. If you hadn't I would have. Now as far as the joke part we have 10 pages of that............j/k j/k

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, Brad_ATX said:

I approve of Bo (Derek)

1200x0.jpg

They both were 10s but she didn't have to wear hers. 

• Love 1