"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

So if this fan base treated Bo bad how has they treated tj? How did they treat gatewood and Willis? Let's not forget Bo gave up on his team mind you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So if this fan base treated Bo bad how has they treated tj? How did they treat gatewood and Willis? Let's not forget Bo gave up on his team mind you

Well, the same people treating Bo great even though he proved to be mediocre time and time again don't want TJ to even see the field even though he played in all of what...4 games and have anointed Calzada just because he showed up on camps? Don't even get me started on Gatewood and Willis. One of which was better off than being at AU. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Well, the same people treating Bo great even though he proved to be mediocre time and time again don't want TJ to even see the field even though he played in all of what...4 games and have anointed Calzada just because he showed up on camps? Don't even get me started on Gatewood and Willis. One of which was better off than being at AU. 

I know right? Anybody saying Bo was mistreated by this fan base are literally out of their mind

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

How did they treat Nick Marshall? Lmao

Nice try

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Willis and Gatewood did too so....

• Like 1

All of y'all need to move on. Neither Bo nor TJ cut it here. Not even close. Bo was a ceiling of average with a floor of horrendous. TJ had both a floor and ceiling of below average. The fact is that neither likely factor into our future plans, and shouldn't.

It's gonna be Calzada's team. Let's hope he's better than they were. Hopefully a fresh start for Nix is what he needs, and hopefully TJ competes like hell and is ready

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I know right? Anybody saying Bo was mistreated by this fan base are literally out of their mind

One thing I find interesting about Auburn going to my days of school here is it is very cultish in whom fans support and give their benefit of a doubt to. For instance, JJs and the KFs of the world got absolutely demolished here, but they will had no extensive background with AU. You like at Bo and he was the golden child for some here. He was put on this pedestal as being a life long Auburn fan. Then you add that some of these fans are 60 years old (and +), so they seen his dad play and want the same feelings that his dad gave them as either fans or actual students attending the game.

Naturally, they will have an affinity to him I suppose due to that Auburn man cultish aura. So when he is playing bad, it is he is "trying to hard to win for Auburn" or "doesn't have enough help." The hard truth is Bo, like any other QB in America, is going to get thrashed if they play subpar at most power 5 level schools. Heck, I've seen QBs who have played much better than Bo get killed by their own fanbase. For instance Jake Browning, who was more than adequate at Washington use to absolutely get blasted by their fanbase. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, woodford said:

How did they treat Nick Marshall? Lmao

Nice try

How does listing the single good QB auburn had in the last decade somehow prove your point?

I never really agreed with the mantra that Nix quit on his team.  At the time Bo supposedly wanted guarantees that he would be the starter, which I am not sure is true because he transferred to Oregon where there is even tougher competition.  But if the need for guarantees is true, he isn’t different from a lot of other players who want guarantees in the form of money.  We almost lost tank to UCF because they were offering more money apparently.

In the end it doesn’t matter anymore as Nix left the team a long time ago and we should be supporting whoever takes over, whether it is TJ or Calzada.  Fall camp is upon us so it is time to move on from Bo, although I am still rooting for him just like I am rooting for Worm at Indiana.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, Didba said:

Only time I have ever complained about a poster to a mod was because the poster was consistently insulting other poster's intelligence blatantly and egregiously. I basically said his hot takes are fine and all that but when it gets down to personal insults over disagreements of opinions, imo, it is completely unnecessary.  I pretty much just asked that they tell him to cool it on the insults.  never to stop a discussion in its entirety though.

I just block them.

Makes the board way nicer place to hang out.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

How does listing the single good QB auburn had in the last decade somehow prove your point?

I don't know why you even acknowledge that guy. I don't know what he's even saying

I don't get it with the swoop in disagree higher than thou stuff that comes with talking about Gus or Bo lol. You can blast other QB's and coaches but you get chastised for bringing those guys up.

I tell you what I'll stop talking about either when there's a person on this board thatcan talk about football and back up any reason why they shouldn't be discussed.

Also if you can convince yourself Bo didn't quit on his team once again you can convince yourself up support ANY of the other QB's

12 hours ago, au302 said:

All of y'all need to move on. Neither Bo nor TJ cut it here. Not even close. Bo was a ceiling of average with a floor of horrendous. TJ had both a floor and ceiling of below average. The fact is that neither likely factor into our future plans, and shouldn't.

It's gonna be Calzada's team. Let's hope he's better than they were. Hopefully a fresh start for Nix is what he needs, and hopefully TJ competes like hell and is ready

😏

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't know why you even acknowledge that guy. I don't know what he's even saying

It's my addiction. I can't help myself 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't get it with the swoop in disagree higher than thou stuff that comes with talking about Gus or Bo lol. You can blast other QB's and coaches but you get chastised for bringing those guys up.

I tell you what I'll stop talking about either when there's a person on this board thatcan talk about football and back up any reason why they shouldn't be discussed.

Also if you can convince yourself Bo didn't quit on his team once again you can convince yourself up support ANY of the other QB's

Gus should absolutely be discussed because his roster management was so bad that we're trying to fix it asap before Harsin runs out of time. Once all of his recruits are off the roster in the next year or two, then yea don't see the point in talking about him much.

Nix is just another ex-player that bailed during difficult times like the 20 other guys that quit or got run off. Talking about him to compare how he fit in the offense as compared to Calzada seemed important. But at the end of the day he's just another one of the 20 that bailed when things got tough, and even I'm starting to think it's getting old why we're still talking about a dude that quit the team over and over. We got fall camp coming up and I don't disagree with the argument that we should focus on those that chose to stick with our team during hard times, or those that chose to join the team.

• Like 1

Gus roster management is blown out of portion IMO. Yes the QB and OL wasnt the greatest but the studs that are on the roster are still his recruits. Next season we will get a true glimpse when those guys are gone.

Lastly, bad as the OL is perceived to be what’s coming in to replace those guys.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, au302 said:

Gus should absolutely be discussed because his roster management was so bad that we're trying to fix it asap before Harsin runs out of time. Once all of his recruits are off the roster in the next year or two, then yea don't see the point in talking about him much.

Nix is just another ex-player that bailed during difficult times like the 20 other guys that quit or got run off. Talking about him to compare how he fit in the offense as compared to Calzada seemed important. But at the end of the day he's just another one of the 20 that bailed when things got tough, and even I'm starting to think it's getting old why we're still talking about a dude that quit the team over and over. We got fall camp coming up and I don't disagree with the argument that we should focus on those that chose to stick with our team during hard times, or those that chose to join the team.

It's a forum, people can talk about whatever they want. If a person wants to participate they should, if they don't they shouldn't and they should move on and not say anything.

Nobody should try to dictate whether being discussed. People have their mind made up for whatever reason. I see you seem to believe in Calzada. That doesn't make you right though. I'm sure you see you have a group who will defend every single thing Gus has done and will still try to make pretend that Bo was amazing. Coincidentally they will probably have bad stuff to say about this coach and the other QB's.....You notice that? 

And then you have people like myself that's going to speak on it all. I'm going to bring up stuff like the coincidence of being hard on one guy but not the other when they were in a similar situation. 

I'm going to talk about whatever I decide to and what's great is no matter who don't like it, I have a record that can be tracked. It's hard to try to make a person be irrelevant when they can pull up a bunch of different topics where everybody told him he was wrong and he turned out to be right. 

We can put me up against any so called insider on here as far as accuracy.....

It's funny that recently I haven't even made too many predictions.....everybody has been mad at me saying if you could come up with reasons to support the former QB when he didn't have the best resume out you can have hope for our current QB's.....and that just piss certain people off for whatever reason lol.

I'm being disliked for being positive 🌻

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's hard to try to make a person be irrelevant when they can pull up a bunch of different topics where everybody told him he was wrong and he turned out to be right. 

We can put me up against any so called insider on here as far as accuracy.....

Well, what about @metafour?  I know you have had disagreements with him in the past.  Are you saying you are more accurate than him on what he says?

Edited by abw0004

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well, what about @metafour?  I know you have had disagreements with him in the past.  Are you saying you are more accurate than him on what he says?

Yeah I had disagreements and I have agreed with him probably more...actually the only thing we've disagreed about is racist stuff but 9 times out of 10 he's going to agree with me as far as strategy and evaluating.

But I absolutely will say I'm as accurate as him. 

As far as you go the only thing that makes me different in your eyes is you will want to argue with me as opposed to him or someone else you respect you just take what they say as gospel. 

And then of course when time has passed and we can now look and see who was right and who was wrong it's then radio silence. And when I try to point it out it's I'm saying I told you so.

I can't think of another person besides myself that said something and literally everybody was saying it's wrong and then it's proven it was right. I've done that with basketball and football. I say that to say that proves I'm not getting it from another site, or taking someone else thoughts. 

But if we really be honest there's only a few people that really go on a limb and make a prediction where they put themselves out there

Edited by cole256

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I had disagreements and I have agreed with him probably more...actually the only thing we've disagreed about is racist stuff but 9 times out of 10 he's going to agree with me as far as strategy and evaluating.  Okay thanks.  I don’t know what you are referring to but I trust you.

But I absolutely will say I'm as accurate as him.  Okay. 

As far as you go the only thing that makes me different in your eyes is you will want to argue with me as opposed to him or someone else you respect you just take what they say as gospel.  I’m not trying to argue, just asking a question.   I think the difference for me would be people like Metafour, BigBird, etc. are coaches themselves so there comes a certain degree of respect.  Either way, all of you know more than me on the X’s and O’s for sure.

And then of course when time has passed and we can now look and see who was right and who was wrong it's then radio silence.

I can't think of another person besides myself that said something and literally everybody was saying it's wrong and then it's proven it was right. I've done that with basketball and football. I say that to say that proves I'm not getting it from another site, or taking someone else thoughts.  I think the biggest litmus test will be is TJ starts, and how he does.

But if we really be honest there's only a few people that really go on a limb and make a prediction where they put themselves out there.  I would agree with you.  When people make a prediction the best you can do is break even, so it does come with a lot of risk.

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Gus roster management is blown out of portion IMO. Yes the QB and OL wasnt the greatest but the studs that are on the roster are still his recruits. Next season we will get a true glimpse when those guys are gone.

Lastly, bad as the OL is perceived to be what’s coming in to replace those guys.

It is not overblown.  many highly touted recruits never touched the field and transferred out. So while on paper Gus got great recruits, the production he got out of the was highly variable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What would tj have to do with me? He's not even from Alabama is he?

And I've coached myself. If bird was ever wanting to discuss stuff in the secondary he would routinely tag me. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I had disagreements and I have agreed with him probably more...actually the only thing we've disagreed about is racist stuff but 9 times out of 10 he's going to agree with me as far as strategy and evaluating.

But I absolutely will say I'm as accurate as him. 

As far as you go the only thing that makes me different in your eyes is you will want to argue with me as opposed to him or someone else you respect you just take what they say as gospel. 

And then of course when time has passed and we can now look and see who was right and who was wrong it's then radio silence. And when I try to point it out it's I'm saying I told you so.

I can't think of another person besides myself that said something and literally everybody was saying it's wrong and then it's proven it was right. I've done that with basketball and football. I say that to say that proves I'm not getting it from another site, or taking someone else thoughts. 

But if we really be honest there's only a few people that really go on a limb and make a prediction where they put themselves out there

Very few people on the board have any real playing/coaching experience. Not that it's necessary to have an opinion but it matters when they claim to know what they are talking about and then say your statements are incorrect when you know they aren't.

Like someone saying Dline are supposed to blitz the QB on a screen play instead of retreating and working the line of scrimmage to find the RB underneath.

When I first started posting again, I simply said some people just know football and I was implying that some people just don't know football but they THINK they know football.

Basically, I'm saying I feel your pain.

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

It is not overblown.  many highly touted recruits never touched the field and transferred out. So while on paper Gus got great recruits, the production he got out of the was highly variable.

We will have to agree to disagree because some of those recruits are the main ones that’s keeping this team afloat. Tank, Sheneker, Hall , Wooden and the list goes on. Even bad as the oline is to date has that been fixed.

Yes , there were flaws and should have won more but those teams never had a losing season. Because of talent allowed Auburn to do well against everyone but Georgia even with average coaching.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1