"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What would tj have to do with me? He's not even from Alabama is he?

And I've coached myself. If bird was ever wanting to discuss stuff in the secondary he would routinely tag me. 

Good to know I can tag you for secondary stuff. As I'm sure you are aware my experience comes from the line/linebackers, scheme/fronts/zone playcalling on defense and offensive playcalling.

I can't really speak to things like mechanics for skill positions but can for lineman, linebackers and tightends.

Edited by Didba

Just now, e808 said:

We will have to agree to disagree because some of those recruits are the main ones that’s keeping this team afloat. Tank, Sheneker, Hall , Wooden and the list goes on. Even bad as the oline is to date has that been fixed.

I'm talking about Gus's overall tenure, not just players on the team right now. Defensive players are not within the scope of what I was referring to.

Just now, e808 said:

We will have to agree to disagree because some of those recruits are the main ones that’s keeping this team afloat. Tank, Sheneker, Hall , Wooden and the list goes on. Even bad as the oline is to date has that been fixed.

The thing is some of those guys you listed may have never even hit the apex you are speaking of. Tank for sure, even though, it took time for him to see the field with Gus. No way shenker gets the stats he has with Gus was here. That was more of his issue. He could not for whatever reason get these players to their highest potential. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

The thing is some of those guys you listed may have never even hit the apex you are speaking of. Tank for sure, even though, it took time for him to see the field with Gus. No way shenker gets the stats he has with Gus was here. That was more of his issue. He could not for whatever reason get these players to their highest potential. 

This is what I was getting at partially. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

This is what I was getting at partially. Thanks.

I mean Bo was not getting better with Gus. Statistically speaking, he had his best year last year and he got hurt. Gus is a gifted recruiter. However, he was not a good roster manager nor did his offense evolve. Can we not agree with that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe or maybe not but they are still his recruits. We will have more evidence once the last of the guys are gone

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean Bo was not getting better with Gus. Statistically speaking, he had his best year last year and he got hurt. Gus is a gifted recruiter. However, he was not a good roster manager nor did his offense evolve. Can we not agree with that?

I agreed he didn’t evolve . My point is even with bad coaching  if u have studs it gives u a chance. If the coaching is there even better yet. Had he done what was necessary to change we probably aren’t having these discussions 

Edited by e808

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe or maybe not but they are still his recruits. We will have more evidence once the last of the guys are gone

Okay? But to say this recruit kept the offense afloat and give Gus credit for that is a little asinine. Gus recruited MW but he did not develop him. It is the same difference with the example you just made. It is absolutely pointless to recruit studs and get minimal production from them. UCF supposedly has this powerhouse of recruits and transfers, but if they aren't being developed to their maximum ability, who cares?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What would tj have to do with me? He's not even from Alabama is he?

And I've coached myself. If bird was ever wanting to discuss stuff in the secondary he would routinely tag me. 

Well, I mean it’s not a secret you are a big TJ fan.  Not that there is anything wrong with that by any means.  I just meant that you have been pretty adamant that TJ is the best QB we had last year and this year.  Again, I’m not saying that is a bad thing at all.

I did not know you coach football.  What high school do you coach?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay? But to say this recruit kept the offense afloat and give Gus credit for that is a little asinine. Gus recruited MW but he did not develop him. It is the same difference with the example you just made. It is absolutely pointless to recite people and get minimal production from them. UCF supposedly has this powerhouse of recruits and transfers, but if they aren't being developed to their maximum ability, who cares?

I didn’t specifically say the offense . I mentioned defensive players as well. It’s like yall are saying no development was taking place. Tank was under Cadi and still is. Y’all are right. No development was taking place on the entire team

Just now, e808 said:

I didn’t specifically say the offense . I mentioned defensive players as well. It’s like yall are saying no development was taking place. Tank was under Cadi and still is. Y’all are right. No development was taking place on the entire team

That is exactly what I am saying. You just pointed to an example of a TE who was very much productive in our system. Then you try to credit Gus with that. Like NO! Gus recruited him, but there is no way I believe based on Gus track record that this dude would've been nearly as productive under the tutelage of Gus. And now we are giving Gus credit for recruiting defensive players? When we get defensive recruits under CBH, it is always the defensive staff who gets credit. Why is that changing all of a sudden?

And FYI since we are talking about recruits go look at JSS 247 recruiting profile. He didn't have major offers. I think his only other power 5 offer was wake forest. So CBH is behind the eight ball in recruiting. Therefore, He is going to have to maximize the JSSs of the world.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well, I mean it’s not a secret you are a big TJ fan.  Not that there is anything wrong with that by any means.  I just meant that you have been pretty adamant that TJ is the best QB we had last year and this year.  Again, I’m not saying that is a bad thing at all.

I did not know you coach football.  What high school do you coach?

I've helped coach with Florence high school. And I'm not a big fan of TJ. I've actually said in a bunch of posts I don't know if he's good or not. But you see that's how divisive talking about Bo was. People wouldn't even read what was actually being said. The only thing I've ever done as far as TJ was say he could possibly challenge Bo because Bo wasn't an accurate QB. 

Nah as far as a litmus test for me actually Bo would be a great example in how I evaluated him from the start.

Or basketball what I told you about Steph curry. Or actually the best example may be the kid that everybody was saying was the second coming in basketball. It was reported he had an offer from Kentucky, I told everybody that was no way in hell and then it came out that report wasn't true.....it can't get more accurate than that.

Oh and Mark Sears, everybody literally laughed at me......now what insiders are here that has done anything close to that?

Lol nice try with the TJ litmus test though 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I’m not trying anything…  Just having a conversation with you.

I haven’t ever seen you say that you are not a big fan of TJ.  I have only seen you get defensive over him, and even said to wait until the depth chart comes out.  You even have argued with Zeek on TJ.  But again, I’m not saying that to make fun of you.  I am a fan of TJ, the person.  And his mother and grandmother could not be any nicer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've helped coach with Florence high school. And I'm not a big fan of TJ. I've actually said in a bunch of posts I don't know if he's good or not. But you see that's how divisive talking about Bo was. People wouldn't even read what was actually being said. The only thing I've ever done as far as TJ was say he could possibly challenge Bo because Bo wasn't an accurate QB. 

Nah as far as a litmus test for me actually Bo would be a great example in how I evaluated him from the start.

Or basketball what I told you about Steph curry. Or actually the best example may be the kid that everybody was saying was the second coming in basketball. It was reported he had an offer from Kentucky, I told everybody that was no way in hell and then it came out that report wasn't true.....it can't get more accurate than that.

Oh and Mark Sears, everybody literally laughed at me......now what insiders are here that has done anything close to that?

Basically you are saying give TJ the same benefit of a doubt that Bo has gotten. It is not that hard to understand. I personally don’t think TJ will out do Zach but I do understand he has yet to play a full year as a starter at this level as well too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not trying anything…  Just having a conversation with you.

I haven’t ever seen you say that you are not a big fan of TJ.  I have only seen you get defensive over him, and even said to wait until the depth chart comes out.  You even have argued with Zeek on TJ.  But again, I’m not saying that to make fun of you.  I am a fan of TJ, the person.  And his mother and grandmother could not be any nicer.

You've never seen me say I'm not a fan of Bo but you didn't sign me up for his fan club.....and I wish you'd stop trying to make me the angry guy, like Dag said I've always just said give this guy the same respect you all gave Bo. Nothing more, nothing less. 

And I said it's going to be funny when the depth chart comes out and TJ is number 1 during the convo everybody was writing him off. It was a joke. You have put in your head that I'm a TJ fan, but if you actually read the posts......It's no different than the assumption that I hate Bo so much......But anyway like I pointed out you've been in much more impressive convos to use than to say TJ would be a litmus for me. Imagine if I was one of your insiders you would have so many examples as to why respect my posts! 

I went head up with beat writers while everybody telling me I was stupid. Even if you hate me gotta give me credit. Still can't get their resurrect though....Maybe one day!

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Basically you are saying give TJ the same benefit of a doubt that Bo has gotten. It is not that hard to understand. I personally don’t think TJ will out do Zach but I do understand he has yet to play a full year as a starter at this level as well too. 

Bro tied my rep to him 😂😂😂 

I argued with somebody that zc was as good as Bo and TJ last year

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You've never seen me say I'm not a fan of Bo but you didn't sign me up for his fan club.....and I wish you'd stop trying to make me the angry guy, like Dag said I've always just said give this guy the same respect you all gave Bo. Nothing more, nothing less.  No worries.  I’m not making you out to be an angry person at all.  I don’t know why you think that.  I think you can be passive aggressive at times, but who isn’t at one point or another?

And I said it's going to be funny when the depth chart comes out and TJ is number 1 during the convo everybody was writing him off. It was a joke. You have put in your head that I'm a TJ fan, but if you actually read the posts......It's no different than the assumption that I hate Bo so much......But anyway like I pointed out you've been in much more impressive convos to use than to say TJ would be a litmus for me. Imagine if I was one of your insiders you would have so many examples as to why respect my posts!  I’m just ready for the depth chart so we can finally move forward.  I’m so tired about the subject of Bo Nix  I would rather us focus our energy on evaluating the talent we DO HAVE.  By the way, these comments are not directed at you, just in general to the forum.

I went head up with beat writers while everybody telling me I was stupid. Even if you hate me gotta give me credit. Still can't get their resurrect though....Maybe one day!  I don’t hate you man, I don’t know why you think that.  I don’t have anyone blocked on here either.  The only people I don’t like on here was the guy who was happy when our center was injured a few years ago or when the Dover guy made racial slurs.  That and when people make fun of the special needs community.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's a forum, people can talk about whatever they want. If a person wants to participate they should, if they don't they shouldn't and they should move on and not say anything.

Nobody should try to dictate whether being discussed. People have their mind made up for whatever reason. I see you seem to believe in Calzada. That doesn't make you right though. I'm sure you see you have a group who will defend every single thing Gus has done and will still try to make pretend that Bo was amazing. Coincidentally they will probably have bad stuff to say about this coach and the other QB's.....You notice that? 

And then you have people like myself that's going to speak on it all. I'm going to bring up stuff like the coincidence of being hard on one guy but not the other when they were in a similar situation. 

I'm going to talk about whatever I decide to and what's great is no matter who don't like it, I have a record that can be tracked. It's hard to try to make a person be irrelevant when they can pull up a bunch of different topics where everybody told him he was wrong and he turned out to be right. 

We can put me up against any so called insider on here as far as accuracy.....

It's funny that recently I haven't even made too many predictions.....everybody has been mad at me saying if you could come up with reasons to support the former QB when he didn't have the best resume out you can have hope for our current QB's.....and that just piss certain people off for whatever reason lol.

I'm being disliked for being positive 🌻

I'm a believer in Calzada because I have to be. I see the reality that he is going to be the starter. In an ideal world I'd agree with you that TJ and every QB should get the leash Bo got, but it's not gonna happen. Harsin would be begging to get fired praying that he's improved that much in one offseason. And while Calzy isn't some proven stud, he's played at a higher level than Finley to this point.

Bo was the exception not the rule. He got all the blind support and long leash because

1. Gus didn't recruit anyone capable behind him and

2. Gus and the media hyped he would win a natty as the 5 star beloved son, and fans bought it as some AU wild destiny story we have had our share of, and couldn't let go when it became obvious it wasn't gonna happen with him and

3. the legacy stuff and people getting nostalgic about Dye. Not even because his dad Pat was some great QB, he wasn't, but because his pops was recruited under Dye, and people get nostalgic about that early 90's era and

4. Gus had zero balls and wasn't gonna move on, because he'd look like a total fool doing so a year after he proclaimed this guy as the dude who would next take him and AU to a natty.

Fortunately he and likely Harsin saw the writing on the wall. He even realized that his own student section was sick of him, and arguably rightly so, and both parties at least had the wisdom to accept that and move on from each other now. Yes his family and him made some cringe comments and posts that rubbed me the wrong way as well, but that's how it goes with everyone nowadays. People are gonna blindly defend their family members, and I get it.

Hars and Nix could've tried to prolong the divorce for another year, which would've caused even more arguing and angst. Thank goodness for self-awareness prevailing there. At this point I'm content to let him be at Oregon and move to fall camp, but again, talk about whatever I'm not a mod.

Edited by au302

With the offensive line we have, with the receivers we have, with the lack we are facing on the horizon, no quarterback will walk away from Auburn as a favored son. 

Bo wasn't the savior, but he was a playmaker. When you are forced to be a playmaker, mistakes - including monumental ones - are part of the equation. If Calzada proves to also be a playmaker, behind this offensive line with this receiver corps, he's going to create a similar love/hate split. Bo won us some games we shouldn't have won. I'll remember that part. He screwed up in trade. That part just gets lost in the mix of what it is to be an Auburn football fan in this particular time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

That is exactly what I am saying. You just pointed to an example of a TE who was very much productive in our system. Then you try to credit Gus with that. Like NO! Gus recruited him, but there is no way I believe based on Gus track record that this dude would've been nearly as productive under the tutelage of Gus. And now we are giving Gus credit for recruiting defensive players? When we get defensive recruits under CBH, it is always the defensive staff who gets credit. Why is that changing all of a sudden?

I am not sure what u referring to. In the recruiting thread it’s often referred to as CBH and staff are failing or staff failing. In the end the coach is responsible for the entire team not just one side of the ball. The loss as a team not half the team but it is what it is. Bottom line the standout players that’s probably going to the NFL are from the last regime.  In 2023 we will see with pretty much the entire team his recruits and what the results are.

5 hours ago, e808 said:

Gus roster management is blown out of portion IMO. Yes the QB and OL wasnt the greatest but the studs that are on the roster are still his recruits. Next season we will get a true glimpse when those guys are gone.

Lastly, bad as the OL is perceived to be what’s coming in to replace those guys.

Gus's OL management (hires and recruiting) *was* very bad. And yeah, the lack of NFL draftees THIS CYCLE falls on him. But everything I bolded is absolutely correct.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

With the offensive line we have, with the receivers we have, with the lack we are facing on the horizon, no quarterback will walk away from Auburn as a favored son. 

Bo wasn't the savior, but he was a playmaker. When you are forced to be a playmaker, mistakes - including monumental ones - are part of the equation. If Calzada proves to also be a playmaker, behind this offensive line with this receiver corps, he's going to create a similar love/hate split. Bo won us some games we shouldn't have won. I'll remember that part. He screwed up in trade. That part just gets lost in the mix of what it is to be an Auburn football fan in this particular time. 

What games were those? What game was Bo the best player on the field? What game did he win us that we should of lost? What game was he this play maker?

Edited by cole256

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What games were those? What game was Bo the best player on the field? What game did he win us that we should of lost? What game was he this play maker?

LSU 2021

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bo had some great escapes and good runs. Hard to sack. But he had a frenetic style and demeanor I won’t miss.