I’m Excited

AUght2win

And this is why I said “I’ve seen this episode before” lol. To an extent I agree with the OP in some retrospect, but I can already see where this is going. 

People ask too much. I’m trying to be excited about a new beginning and a fresh season, now I’m getting shamed for not buying into the galaxy-brained theory that an almost statistically impossible collapse to a rival was actually a GOOD thing for Auburn.

I’m not even allowed to be optimistic unless I fully absolve CBH of any prior mistakes he’s made, apparently.

Worse than losing a national championship in the final seconds in 2013? I love beating Bama, but getting a seventh win last season was more important to you than a national championship?

Sometimes you make excellent points. Sometimes you just say things. 

Yes. It was more painful. FSU came back and earned that win. Alabama didn’t beat us. We gave it to them.

That win would have been a program changing win. It would have cemented CBH as a legit SEC coach, which would have changed the narrative and attitude around Auburn football. Fans would have loved the guy. That win likely even would have had big recruiting implications.

Instead we finish on a 5 game losing streak, giving way to the most tumultuous offseason in program history.

Surely you can see the inflection point that game served as.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

People ask too much. I’m trying to be excited about a new beginning and a fresh season, now I’m getting shamed for not buying into the galaxy-brained theory that an almost statistically impossible collapse to a rival was actually a GOOD thing for Auburn.

I’m not even allowed to be optimistic unless I fully absolve CBH of any prior mistakes he’s made, apparently.

The fact that statistically we were that close towards the end when statistically there was no way for a win b4 the game started is a positive IMO.

Worse than losing a national championship in the final seconds in 2013? I love beating Bama, but getting a seventh win last season was more important to you than a national championship?

To your point though, that 2013 NC game also turned out to be an incredibly depressing inflection point. If Gus wins that game, maybe his brain doesn’t break. He coached scared from there on out. Clearly haunted him. 

It’s a very painful loss too. I just felt like we did all we could (except cover that fake punt) FSU earned it, which made it a bit less bitter.

• Like 1

The fact that statistically we were that close towards the end when statistically there was no way for a win b4 the game started is a positive IMO.

Not how statistics work, I’m afraid.

Yes. It was more painful. FSU came back and earned that win. Alabama didn’t beat us. We gave it to them.

That win would have been a program changing win. It would have cemented CBH as a legit SEC coach, which would have changed the narrative and attitude around Auburn football. Fans would have loved the guy. That win likely even would have had big recruiting implications.

Instead we finish on a 5 game losing streak, giving way to the most tumultuous offseason in program history.

Surely you can see the inflection point that game served as.

Losing the iron bowl was more painful than losing a NC game? wow haha . Come on man. Alabama earned that just as much as FSU you did. I literally could pick in choose points from the NC game as well, where coaches could've made better decisions, but hindsight is 20/20. With that being said, I still feel like when you have those opportunities, as a team we cannot squander them. The same goes with NC opportunities because you never know when you may get back.

• Like 4

Guys stop falling for the obvious bait. 

• Thanks 1

I think he’s just bored and throwing bait. 

edit: this was terrible timing on my part

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

Not everything we disagree with is bait.

Sure, but I’ve agreed with him multiple times in this thread. Plus, I normally only call Mikey out for bait. It’s not like I’m calling bait left and right on any poster I disagree with. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

Losing the iron bowl was more painful than losing a NC game? wow haha . Come on man. Alabama earned that just as much as FSU you did. I literally could pick in choose points from the NC game as well, where coaches could've made better decisions, but hindsight is 20/20. With that being said, I still feel like when you have those opportunities, as a team we cannot squander them. The same goes with NC opportunities because you never know when you may get back.

2013 we had an SEC title, the kick six, a Heisman finalist. Ton to hang our hat on. Not so for 2021. The IB was going to salvage a tough year.

Honestly, it’ll depend on where we go from here. If we fall off a cliff as a program, it’ll actually make that IB loss even more painful. If we don’t, then yeah, it’ll fade.

But like I said, UA is going to beat us in Tuscaloosa this year to make it three in a row. I can’t stand losing to those guys and don’t want to start a long streak.

• Like 1

I think he’s just bored and throwing bait. 

edit: this was terrible timing on my part

Isn’t it a little egocentric to think of dissenting opinions as “bait”? As if I’m not sharing my own ideas, but rather just intentionally trying to be contrary to strangers on a message board?

Love you Didba but I just share what I think. I don’t care enough or have the time just to try to screw with you.

• Love 1

A win against bama would have been fool's gold.  Many things would have stayed the same for the worst.  Toxicity, entitlement, and poor coaching would have remained and been more difficult to clear out.  

You say if every loss doesn't bother you, you're not a true Auburn fan. 

I would argue, if you can't accept this team is better mentally, physically, and coachally after all that cleansing, transferring, and rebuilding, then maybe you only look for the worst and therefore are not a true Auburn fan. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2013 we had an SEC title, the kick six, a Heisman finalist. Ton to hang our hat on. Not so for 2021. The IB was going to salvage a tough year.

Honestly, it’ll depend on where we go from here. If we fall off a cliff as a program, it’ll actually make that IB loss even more painful. If we don’t, then yeah, it’ll fade.

But like I said, UA is going to beat us in Tuscaloosa this year to make it three in a row. I can’t stand losing to those guys and don’t want to start a long streak.

I agree it would’ve been glorious seeing the whining and gnashing of teeth if Auburn at its state last year would’ve beat them. 

• Like 2

To your point though, that 2013 NC game also turned out to be an incredibly depressing inflection point. If Gus wins that game, maybe his brain doesn’t break. He coached scared from there on out. Clearly haunted him. 

It’s a very painful loss too. I just felt like we did all we could (except cover that fake punt) FSU earned it, which made it a bit less bitter.

To me, a national championship trumps everything else. Getting that close, with a huge lead, made it so painful to lose. Those opportunities are rare. 

We aren't going to agree on your overall point about the 2021 IB, but I will agree with you on this. I way dying for Harsin to go for 2 in the first OT. We weren't going to keep hanging with Alabama. It was time to be aggressive. 

• Like 2

A win against bama would have been fool's gold.  Many things would have stayed the same for the worst.  Toxicity, entitlement, and poor coaching would have remained and been more difficult to clear out.  

I would argue, if you can't accept this team is better mentally, physically, and coachally after all that cleansing, transferring, and rebuilding, then maybe you only look for the worst and therefore are not a true Auburn fan. 

Wait. Do you really believe Harsin wouldn’t have made the personnel changes he did had we won the IB? How does that make any sense? 

And winning the greatest rivalry in sports - one we get only once a year for just a 3 hour window, is never fool’s gold. It can absolutely make a season.

• Like 2

I agree it would’ve been glorious seeing the whining and gnashing of teeth if Auburn at its state last year would’ve beat them. 

All the sudden the talk intensifies of Saban slowing down. Harsin beats him on the first try - could be a changing of the guard. Saban hasn’t lost a game like that - to a 6 win team, since his first year.

But nope. They beat us. Then somehow drill UGA the next week, and then beat Cincy handily. Meanwhile we lose the Bham bowl to Houston. 

All momentum we had going was lost. All the cracks in their hull no longer show. Already back at #1 in the preseason poll.

Respectfully, I disagree with the fools gold. Even with beating Bama it’s suggests that CBH wouldn’t have done anything. I have a hard time believing he would have sat around and did nothing. Beating Bama would have been a tool to use to help build toward the culture that he wants.

Also we don’t know if all the changes are for the best or not. However in a few weeks the finding of facts begins and we shall see.

IMO I don’t think beating Bama changes coaches and players leaving but the situation with the powers that be probably doesn’t happen

Edited by e808
  • Like 3

Isn’t it a little egocentric to think of dissenting opinions as “bait”? As if I’m not sharing my own ideas, but rather just intentionally trying to be contrary to strangers on a message board?

Love you Didba but I just share what I think. I don’t care enough or have the time just to try to screw with you.

Well I wasn’t speaking specifically to you trying to bait me but I shouldn’t have said it was bait. I know you are never trolling and speaking what you believe. So that was wrong of me. 

the only real dissenting opinions I consistently call bait are Mikey’s and Viper. And I mean maybe I shouldn’t but can you blame me on those two?

• Like 1

To me, a national championship trumps everything else. Getting that close, with a huge lead, made it so painful to lose. Those opportunities are rare. 

We aren't going to agree on your overall point about the 2021 IB, but I will agree with you on this. I way dying for Harsin to go for 2 in the first OT. We weren't going to keep hanging with Alabama. It was time to be aggressive. 

You see. When I play madden it’s go for 2 every time 😎. 12 personnel pass to the tightend every time. 

I'm something of a play caller myself…

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1