*Official Auburn vs. Mercer Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, W.E.D said:

Ahhhh.

Yet everyone praising Ashford. The "it's mercer" goes out the window

Yes they will praise him when he meets the expectations. 

If he throws 2 terrible horrible embarrassing pics then he will be shat on as well. 

3 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Dude we're playing Mercer. The expectation should be very high completion % AND no picks. 

Turnovers outweigh everything else. 

So do we discount good play by Robby too since "we're playing Mercer"? Or any good play for that matter...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why are certain players above criticism?  Be objective. T.J. Finley has played decent and he has also had two AWFUL picks. It is okay to say both of those things. 

You are correct, but I somewhat want the way the QB was protected from criticism last year to continue......But there's no way I'm not going to be able to not criticize stuff lol

Why is it wrong to give Ashford some credit. It was said that he isn’t the greatest passer but then throws a dime. Maybe it was a one off but can we live in the moment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why are certain players above criticism?  Be objective. T.J. Finley has played decent and he has also had two AWFUL picks. It is okay to say both of those things. 

People trying to make a point. IMO 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Jesus. A tackle vs a perfect 25 yard pass dropped.

It's wild how ppl want to just root against a guy. Imagine if this was Bo, @cole256

Bo would be shat on for this too. Tom ******* Brady would be shat on for throwing these picks. 

Again since you seem to be really ******* dense. 

Turnovers outweigh literally everything else. If you can't protect the ball, nothing else matters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Weather delay! Crapolla 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

So do we discount good play by Robby too since "we're playing Mercer"? Or any good play for that matter...

We aren't discounting anything. Again the expectation is to do really well in this game. If/when Ashford gets multiple turnovers he will be in the same doghouse. 

Yeah When JJ is in he gets the good pass and when Dawson is in he gets the bad pass. Understand his frustration.

Just now, cole256 said:

You are correct, but I somewhat want the way the QB was protected from criticism last year to continue......But there's no way I'm not going to be able to not criticize stuff lol

I get that and those few people who typically have done that have been real quiet especially after Bo Nix game this year. I think most of the people on this forum have been very fair. I don't think many of us are giving up on T.J. Either. I think this is a great time for both TJ and Robby to grow. Iron sharpens Iron.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct. 

He made one awful read on the first int. Second was horrifically under thrown. Should have been a TD

But he made other good reads and passes.  Deep passes too

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Alright, Robbie. Let’s go do it again.

Hopefully everyone is crying about that Bad under throw