Since we are clearing the deck...can we get a new radio announcer?

GAAubie

33 minutes ago, meh130 said:

the idiots at AU decided to push the radio announcers into the traditional press box.

Never understood that. Do you know why? Who now occupies their previous booth?

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I almost give him a pass in football. If you’ve ever been up there where they are calling the games…it’s a terrible viewpoint. It’s almost impossible. 

I was just about to post this. He is greatly handicapped by his working conditions. They stupidly put the broadcast booth in a place where he can't see the game. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I almost give him a pass in football. If you’ve ever been up there where they are calling the games…it’s a terrible viewpoint. It’s almost impossible. 

Last week I watched a live feed of the guys calling the game......was impressed with how they communicate with one another.....guy that sits in the middle rarely gets a break.

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was just about to post this. He is greatly handicapped by his working conditions. They stupidly put the broadcast booth in a place where he can't see the game. 

This is painfully obvious listening to the games. He is constantly giving the wrong spot of the ball. Usually off by either 5 or 10 yards. It's almost as if he is just guessing based on the general location of the ball.

33 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I bet Jim Fyffe wouldn’t have missed a beat under the same conditions. Andy’s problem is he tries to call the play instantly as it is happening. Anyone who ever sat in Jordan-Hare and listened to Jim call the action, you noticed he was ever-so-slightly behind the live play. This gave him time to process what he saw and relay it to us.

And before anyone says, “that was the airwave delay over the radio!”, wrong! I actually watched Jim in the press box while listening to him and he was perfectly in sync. 

Andy will call a play and not even announce the yardage gained or the yard line crossed during a running play. I’m sitting there like, “Wth just happened?!?”

I’ve complained in message boards ad nauseam about Andy. He has destroyed a once enjoyable pastime for me.

As others have said, great guy, horrible football play-by-play guy.  

Edited by Swamp Eagle