For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just don't get the logic. Our boosters just want yes men...so why did we hire Bruce Pearl? If it's because they don't care about basketball, why did they give him everything he wanted to stay?

Precisely 

33 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Sanders is not even being considered. 

27786a09-be91-4066-93c6-b1a5ec1a9f2d_text.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just don't get the logic. Our boosters just want yes men...so why did we hire Bruce Pearl? If it's because they don't care about basketball, why did they give him everything he wanted to stay?

Because our boosters weren't really focused on basketball at the time. Then by the time Bruce turned everything upside down and quite literally saved a program they didn't have the pull in basketball that they've always had in football. As a matter of fact, millions on millions of dollars was going to close the check books if they fired Bruce.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Precisely 

Not exactly rebutting my logic.

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Because our boosters weren't really focused on basketball at the time. Then by the time Bruce turned everything upside down and quite literally saved a program they didn't have the pull in basketball that they've always had in football. As a matter of fact, millions on millions of dollars was going to close the check books if they fired Bruce.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense. If these boosters truly felt threatened by Bruce, why wouldn't they be trying to get him out of here?

5 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

As a matter of fact, millions on millions of dollars was going to close the check books if they fired Bruce.

I do not follow this

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Different people have different priorities 

3 minutes ago, Taker said:

I do not follow this

Like I said, it makes no sense. Who do you think supports our other athletics programs, most of which are doing so well right now?

• Like 1

There’s been rumors everywhere about Deion -from being highly considered, to not all at all.  Again - I think Deion is a once every zillion yrs opportunity that could change everything.

I’d be disappointed and frustrated if they went with yet another “carbohydrate” hire. Dysfunctional, not very bright thinking.  But dumb, self destructive can sort of be forgiven. Kind of like my lab.

But if they hire Freeze, that would cross the line.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Taker said:

I do not follow this

The boosters that love control aren't the only people with money. Other money people would have pulled their donations if Auburn did something as stupid as firing Bruce during the Chuck Persons stuff.

57 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Sanders is not even being considered. 

Bruce Feldman said again today if and when the Auburn job comes open, he expects Deion to get a long look.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not exactly rebutting my logic.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense. If these boosters truly felt threatened by Bruce, why wouldn't they be trying to get him out of here?

I personally never said they felt "threatened" by Bruce. I'm just telling you why those that might want influence over Auburn Basketball now that its a national product aren't going to get it. Some would probably feel threatened by Deion Sanders because Deion Sanders can, at any time, throw up 2 fingers and dip out if people pull the same crap that they did last February with Harsin. 

• Facepalm 1

Maybe, just maybe... we will not screw this all up and we will make a 1 in a million hire. I feel like a kid wishing for a new bike on Christmas 🎄 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

🤔

Not yours.

Deion is doomed, Freeze is buying nearby real estate - I assume the next post will involve a meteor heading towards earth😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

pull the same crap that they did last February with Harsin. 

This has been completely debunked by now, so I won't bother repeating.

Edited by AUwent

10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Yeah someone said this to me a few weeks ago 

Will never root for Auburn football again if we hired that lowlife scumbag douche. Also, for the Freeze fans, your boy almost lost to attorney at law Gardner Webb but yea, he’s the best ever because he beat Bammer twice. I swear Auburn has the worst people making decisions…

• Like 2

It is suspicious that one of the guys that doesn't want him so is the person saying he wasn't even considered

• Like 2

Either way it's very informative. If true, if he wasn't even a thought now we know we have leaders that will never put us in positions to be successful. You know we'll be good with the same ol same ol

11 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

If true that sanders isn’t even being considered then that tells you all you need to know about the control issues that will never allow Auburn to be a consistent top 10 program

It's not true.

• Like 1