For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well that’s one approach to a confident marriage. I’ll go after the girl no one else will ever want. 

Is she a good cook?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

changing the guard on Grimes?

Huh? I've always felt meh on Grimes it's gonna be a JABA hire imo. I still like him better then certain other coaches that has been named but he will still be a meh hire. 🤷

Tennessee is way up and I thought FSU showed a lot of trending up last night (no bias - imo firing Norvell would be a mistake). Our recruiting footprint is absolutely being surrounded by predators.. 

With Grimes and some of the other names being floated around, the primary sound that comes to mind  is “moo”.

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Did you see the JSU interview? If the media treats him the same way they treat Hrsin, he won't last 15 minutes.

The length of Harsin's tenure is not strongly affected by his treatment by the media. The media is not responsible for his record on the field or the approach he chose to take to recruiting and player retention. 

Nor would media treatment strongly affect how long a potential Sanders, Kiffin, or Grimes tenure would be. 

4 hours ago, WarTim said:

By who??

By people who have influence at Auburn.  Bird mentioned a couple (Bo and Sir Charles).   There are others who are at least intrigued by Prime.  I'm not saying he's the leader in the clubhouse by any stretch.  But he's on the radar amongst the PTB.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

By people who have influence at Auburn.  Bird mentioned a couple (Bo and Sir Charles).   There are others who are at least intrigued by Prime.  I'm not saying he's the leader in the clubhouse by any stretch.  But he's on the radar amongst the PTB.

Correct.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He’d probably get canceled these days for that tune lol. 

There is no sense of humor anymore.

• Like 2

Wow so out of his mouth he said if offered he'd have to entertain it......how surprising people who don't know the man made all these assumptions and they were wrong. I'm super surprised.

Point is stop saying stuff to be fact that's really just you talking. Nobody can measure the passion of someone, or what's in their heart.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Great interview from Prime last night, Did a great job marketing himself to a wide array of “individuals” who make hiring decisions and he also reached some supporters of schools (fans) that are now saying I can get behind him as Head Coach and leader of a Power 5 program. IMO price $$$ just went up for him. Side note it’s not about us (message board posters) wanting him as coach. He has to appeal to those that will make the decision. Everything we say is speculation, second hand info or just plain opinions, all which drive message board chatter. With that said someone from the BOT needs to get him on the phone now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the very worst, Prime is a good business decision.  He will fill seats and open donor wallets.  At the best, he has arguably the highest ceiling of all the other choices out there.  Recruiting will be better if not elite.  Staff will likely be upgraded across the board.  Prime moved up my list to number one.  I'm not even concerned with lack of P5 coaching experience.  He knows exactly what he's doing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Deion Sanders should be the choice. I’m suspicious of anyone who doesn’t want Deion. I’ve read everyone’s reasononings and none of them make enough sense for me to not think he’s the best choice honestly. I just think there are other reasons why people don’t want him, reasons that probably shouldn’t matter. 

I don’t think he will be the choice though, which sucks. 

Well I will tell you how much success did we have with other high school coaches such as Gus , lashlee and Dillingham. That ought to make enough sense.  I was also telling you lashlee, dilly, Chad Morris and Harsin and hardly any of you listened.  I also warned you about gus but I was behind a pay wall on rivals and scout for that.  So me telling you his high school mentality should make sense to you.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:18 PM, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Are you referring to the interview where he stops the reporter and tells him to act more himself or whatever? The one that just started getting shared? 

Deion Samders has been in a MAJOR public spotlight for nearly 40 years. Lolol. I think he can handle the media. I love AU more than anything but AU ain’t bigger than Deion Sanders so I don’t think a local beat reporter is going to take him down.

Also this narrative that the media mistreats Harsin is comical.  Everything he gets is warranted. 

LOL.. so YOU are telling ME about "Deion Samders"...  Deion the player... from High School on.. the National Media will EAT HIM ALIVE, as a Coach in Division 1.  the U had an opening, why didn't they hire him? UF had an opening, why didn't they hire him? FSU, his alma mater.. why didn't they hire him. LSU, had an opening, why didn't they hire him. Texas, OU, USC SHALL I CONTINUE!!  No program wants to align themselves with someone who lets his OWN Agenda is Bigger than the University and those that support it.

On 10/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, tsande07 said:

The length of Harsin's tenure is not strongly affected by his treatment by the media. The media is not responsible for his record on the field or the approach he chose to take to recruiting and player retention. 

Nor would media treatment strongly affect how long a potential Sanders, Kiffin, or Grimes tenure would be. 

Deion Sanders is about Deion Sanders period! Always has been, always will be. He was a talented player, He could control for the most part the narrative about himself, by his play on the field. It will be much different in Division 1 as a Head Coach.

22 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Deion Sanders is about Deion Sanders period! Always has been, always will be. He was a talented player, He could control for the most part the narrative about himself, by his play on the field. It will be much different in Division 1 as a Head Coach.

I would suggest the bigger the stage, the more he’ll excel. I can’t speak to whether he’s all about him but no doubt he’s a pure alpha. And I do believe he’s extremely loyal to those around him.

However, what I can speak to is all of our “traditional” hires - they each said “we” a lot , sounded good -  but damn they quickly turned into total narcissistic parasites as they imploded and grabbed their payouts. 

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

LOL.. so YOU are telling ME about "Deion Samders"...  Deion the player... from High School on.. the National Media will EAT HIM ALIVE, as a Coach in Division 1.  the U had an opening, why didn't they hire him? UF had an opening, why didn't they hire him? FSU, his alma mater.. why didn't they hire him. LSU, had an opening, why didn't they hire him. Texas, OU, USC SHALL I CONTINUE!!  No program wants to align themselves with someone who lets his OWN Agenda is Bigger than the University and those that support it.

I dunno there could be a whole list of reasons as to why he hasn't yet been offered a HC position a P5 school yet, you can have your opinion but its just that it's an opinion, no one really knows why those schools passed on him. I think at some point it will happen and in my opinion I think he will recruit well and have good coordinators and do well, how well is the question but there really is no sure thing. No one knew Saban was going to dominate like he has when he made his way to UAT after he was run out of Miami. UAT went through many coaches before landing on their lottery winner. Its apparent from all the years and all the coaches that you really never know about who is going to be a great head coach, some just click and others don't. 

Since your not a Deion fan I am cuirous who is at the top of your list, who do you think we could get and would come in and get the job done?

Edited by bishoptf

50 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Yeah I know he comes across that way and always has but if you watch any of the videos the kids that play for him they really like him as a coach and mentor and appear that they would do anything for him. Deion the persona comes across that way but I think there is much more to him and seeing how the kids play for him and I think that speaks volumes in my opinion.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

If that's the case, why has he gone out of his way to help elevate HBCUs? The SWAC commissioner is briefly interviewed in the 60 Minutes segment and states straight-forwardly that Sanders has opened doors for them that were previously closed. 

Honestly, it sounds like you just have some negative impression of him from his playing days. People change and mature as they grow older.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

You don't know what you are saying

6 hours ago, tsande07 said:

If that's the case, why has he gone out of his way to help elevate HBCUs? The SWAC commissioner is briefly interviewed in the 60 Minutes segment and states straight-forwardly that Sanders has opened doors for them that were previously closed. 

Honestly, it sounds like you just have some negative impression of him from his playing days. People change and mature as they grow older.

Easy, right now, he is hyping his kids playing. Again, Deion for Deion. What happened with Alabama State?