For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

If safe means continuing to piddle around the middle of the pack, having the fan base go nuts after getting spanked by the elite teams year after year, and writing a check for $25m every 3 years because “we’re AU, we’re capable of more”  (I love patterns).Then yes, let’s hire yet another carbohydrate type coach and enjoy being…. comfortable. I sincerely see this as a fork in the road and the options clear - will be interesting to see just how stupid we’re capable of being and for how long.

I honestly don't think the PTB have reached that point like the fans have, they will hire the yes man again and hope for the best when we are here again in 3 to 4 years they'll probably do the same thing again while the fans complain some more. 😒 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Have you guys ever stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, FSU is the only P5 job he’ll take?

No none of us have considered that . Thanks for enlightening us on this viable option.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Have you guys ever stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, FSU is the only P5 job he’ll take?

Then why did he interview for others last year? I don't believe he wants just FSU. He's a competitor that wants to win and prove he can do it anywhere.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Of course. But first there’s trying. Really trying.  It’s a mentality. Settling is Step 8.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No none of us have considered that . Thanks for enlightening us on this viable option.

I know it goes against the sexier narrative that it’s part of the boosters nefariously plotting to destroy the football program while simultaneously supporting the basketball and baseball programs for some reason (maybe they were bball/baseball players and a football player stole their girlfriends in HS?). But just throwing it out there. 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Of course. But first there’s trying. Really trying.  It’s a mentality. Settling is Step 8.

Well according to Bird, Bo and Charles both want him.

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If safe means continuing to piddle around the middle of the pack, having the fan base go nuts after getting spanked by the elite teams year after year, and writing a check for $25m every 3 years because “we’re AU, we’re capable of more”  (I love patterns).Then yes, let’s hire yet another carbohydrate type coach and enjoy being…. comfortable. I sincerely see this as a fork in the road and the options clear - will be interesting to see just how stupid we’re capable of being and for how long.

Yep, as long as they get someone who they are “comfortable “ with, they are good with 7-8 wins. It’s like their criteria is “you just have Auburn ties and let us have control of you”. It’s a pattern with all of our coaches. Deion would be the most radical hire Auburn football has ever made. It would also signal that Auburn is serious about the football program and ready for a change of culture. Luckily, there are some prominent people who are pushing for Deion. Will it turn into something more than just talk, I seriously doubt it but hope I’m wrong…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That’s not true whatsoever. As others have stated, he has already interviewed with other power 5 programs in the past. He would take the Auburn job immediately if we offered him, I have no doubt in my mind…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

That’s not true whatsoever. As others have stated, he has already interviewed with other power 5 programs in the past. He would take the Auburn job immediately if we offered him, I have no doubt in my mind…

That may be true in a vacuum. But guess what other job may very well open up soon?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well according to Bird, Bo and Charles both want him.

Well that's good enough for me. Now lets go grab some lunch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That may be true in a vacuum. But guess what other job may very well open up soon?

No, FSU doesn’t have the funds right now to throw away the money they would owe Norvell. And plus, FSU is in such a financial strap that I believe they’ll be stuck with him for another 2-3 years at least… 

We can’t out “romance” Jax St or FSU. Emotional things. But AU is the ultimate fixer upper (but with deceptive potential) in the toughest neighborhood possible. On the biggest stage. No bigger challenge or reward in the country. We’re sexier to an alpha competitor-type than we think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

why are some of you worried about what *might* happen with FSU?  screw them.  get him here and support him.  you know the fans will.  he will love auburn like everyone does after spending time there.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Butthead said:

why are some of you worried about what *might* happen with FSU?  screw them.  get him here and support him.  you know the fans will.  he will love auburn like everyone does after spending time there.

This mentality of Auburn fans worried about a coach leaving is insane to me, Just get him here and we will cross that bridge if we ever need to. 🤷🤦

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We can’t out “romance” Jax St or FSU. Emotional things. But AU is the ultimate fixer upper (but with deceptive potential) in the toughest neighborhood possible. On the biggest stage. No bigger challenge or reward in the country. We’re sexier to an alpha competitor-type than we think.

We just gotta hope the PTB wakes up and realize that so they will wanna roll the dice. 

18 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Somewhat. More about Deion’s personality. He brings a lot of social media and attention and Auburn does not like that for their football program. We always have some guy who toes the company line and follows orders and is buddy buddy most of the time with Auburn administration. Deion wouldn’t be like that. They know that they would not be able to control him and that he’s bigger than the program. Deion would laugh in their face when they try to tell him to do something. So, that’s what I mean by being comfortable. Grimes is a JABA and good ole boy hire who they would be comfortable with, someone who wouldn’t be bigger than them…

I agree 100% with this.  Deion will not be dictated to, he won't be told how to run his program, he won't be tottering on a string for the puppet masters, and he won't be swayed by the big $$ men.   Prime is a bigger brand than Auburn Football.

I think he's the only guy that can come in here like Saban did at bama and tell the old farts to take a backseat and let him do his job while he builds a contender.  There aren't many coaches that have that kind of leverage, Deion has IT.  

That ^^^ probably makes some in the Auburn Administration skittish.  I can't imagine DS allowing Compliance (Rich McGlynn) to throw up roadblocks relative to NIL.  He wouldn't go along quietly about his business and let Compliance stunt growth in recruiting while NIL has been a force for well over a year.  The very reason DS got the #1 recruit to JSU was because of NIL.  And there's no doubt he'd blow up the portal just like Lane Kiffin has, Deion would plug holes immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I won't clog the board today, at the last minute the wife decided "we really need to go to Oxford to support Auburn & the guys"....so even after I posted we wouldn't be driving over for the 11:00 am kick >>>> I just finished packing the SUV and secured the Auburn flags on the windows.  WDE!  :wedance:We're heading out on a road trip!  WDE folks, we'll do our part for the Tigers tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

This mentality of Auburn fans worried about a coach leaving is insane to me, Just get him here and we will cross that bridge if we ever need to. 🤷🤦

Worked for Bruce, can work for another coach. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I know it goes against the sexier narrative that it’s part of the boosters nefariously plotting to destroy the football program while simultaneously supporting the basketball and baseball programs for some reason (maybe they were bball/baseball players and a football player stole their girlfriends in HS?). But just throwing it out there. 

I don’t think it’s nefarious or there’s a diabolical mysterious group with an evil plan. But there are patterns and there is an instinct of “if I pay, I want control”. Very understandable. However, you can be a nice, smart guy and make dumb, repetitive mistakes.  I see it daily. In my business there’s an expression - “what got you here, keeps you here”.

And that’s my fear.

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

I agree 100% with this.  Deion will not be dictated to, he won't be told how to run his program, he won't be tottering on a string for the puppet masters, and he won't be swayed by the big $$ men.   Prime is a bigger brand than Auburn Football.

I think he's the only guy that can come in here like Saban did at bama and tell the old farts to take a backseat and let him do his job while he builds a contender.  There aren't many coaches that have that kind of leverage, Deion has IT.  

That ^^^ probably makes some in the Auburn Administration skittish.  I can't imagine DS allowing Compliance (Rich McGlynn) to throw up roadblocks relative to NIL.  He wouldn't go along quietly about his business and let Compliance stunt growth in recruiting while NIL has been a force for well over a year.  The very reason DS got the #1 recruit to JSU was because of NIL.  And there's no doubt he'd blow up the portal just like Lane Kiffin has, Deion would plug holes immediately.

Nailed it. There will have to be a complete self reflection for the Auburn program to hire someone like Deion. They would have to accept that he’s bigger than anything in sports and we come that and his persona. They would also have to give complete control over to him. Here’s the one thing though: I honestly believe if he gets an interview, he’ll be hired. No one would do a better job in an interview than Deion. Again, it’s fun to think about, but the reality of the situation is I just believe Auburn is too scared of him and don’t recognize that what they are about to do is continue this purgatory of mediocrity for the program…

Edited by Auburnguy101

31 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Nailed it. There will have to be a complete self reflection for the Auburn program to hire someone like Deion. They would have to accept that he’s bigger than anything in sports and we come that and his persona. They would also have to give complete control over to him. Here’s the one thing though: I honestly believe if he gets an interview, he’ll be hired. No one would do a better job in an interview than Deion. Again, it’s fun to think about, but the reality of the situation is I just believe Auburn is too scared of him and don’t recognize that what they are about to do is continue this purgatory of mediocrity for the program…

Then we'll just need to get Cam Newton on staff with Coach Prime. Who wouldn't want to play for them?! Then throw in Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley in the room...🔥🔥🔥

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Then we'll just need to get Cam Newton on staff with Coach Prime. Who wouldn't want to play for them?! Then throw in Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley in the room...🔥🔥🔥

Baseball HOFer Frank Thomas can coach the tight ends. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

Maybe not coaching, but I’m sure we’d see Cam’s influence around the program a whole lot more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Another ignorant and trying to belittle Deion comment. Are you really trying to compare Deion with  Bo or Cam when it comes to coaching football?? You and others really need to stop being ignorant do your research before you spout off these sarcastic comments…

I took it as tongue-in-cheek 🤷‍♂️