For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I took it as tongue-in-cheek 🤷‍♂️

Ok, I might have misinterpreted then. Read like they were mocking us about having Deion as the coach, and was adding Bo and Cam to try and prove their point. So if I did, I apologize…

11 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Another ignorant and trying to belittle Deion comment. Are you really trying to compare Deion with  Bo or Cam when it comes to coaching football?? You and others really need to stop being ignorant do your research before you spout off these sarcastic comments…

I wasn't trying to belittle Deion at all. You have one legend and generational talent in Deion from the late 80's/early 90's, and you have another generational talent in Cam in the 2010-2020 era. Get Cam on staff to be an analyst or coach, he's not really doing much else right now. The dude is very influential and is larger than life. Both of these (Deion/Cam) would be around generational talents of Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley around the AU sports program. Legitimately: what high school kid would not want to be around these guys? 

I would, and I'm in my late 30's, 5'6", 177 lbs after a good AM dump, and can hold my own in ultimate frisbee, and that's about it athletically. Imagine high school athletes that eat, sleep, and breathe football...pepper in NFL coaches and some other high-profile athletes to come in and give them a monthly motivational speech and they'll run through brick wall for Auburn and this staff.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

I wasn't trying to belittle Deion at all. You have one legend and generational talent in Deion from the late 80's/early 90's, and you have another generational talent in Cam in the 2010-2020 era. Get Cam on staff to be an analyst or coach, he's not really doing much else right now. The dude is very influential and is larger than life. Both of these (Deion/Cam) would be around generational talents of Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley around the AU sports program. Legitimately: what high school kid would not want to be around these guys? 

I honestly want to apologize, I misinterpreted what you said. So, again I honestly apologize and it’s why I deleted that comment. But, to your comment, yes, that’s what Deion would bring to Auburn. He has many former NFL players come to Jackson State. Imagine what kind of star athletes he could bring here, especially during recruiting visits? I mean, I just can’t think of a more obvious choice than him…

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I honestly want to apologize, I misinterpreted what you said. So, again I honestly apologize and it’s why I deleted that comment. But, to your comment, yes, that’s what Deion would bring to Auburn. He has many former NFL players come to Jackson State. Imagine what kind of star athletes he could bring here, especially during recruiting visits? I mean, I just can’t think of a more obvious choice than him…

No worries my friend. The internet and written text is difficult to interpret sometimes. I appreciate your apology and humility. I get why people are high on Deion. I can also see why others may be a bit skeptical. But I'd be behind him 110% and would love to see what he could do with our football program. It sucks to see Alabama high school football pump out so many great athletes right now, and Auburn football not even be in contention or consideration for most of them. I've never seen Auburn football this bad in my lifetime. I was a student in '08, watched through '12, but never have altogether cared less about college football than now. Auburn football is flatlining. Someone needs to get some AEDs/defibrillators on Auburn's football program ASAP. 

I think it's beyond worth it to gamble, at least Coach Prime would have some studs here for the next staff to work with if he didn't work out, similar to the 2012-2013 transition. I think the downside is it's easier than ever to transfer out of the sinking ship. The portal blesses, and the portal takes away. 

It even took Kirby a minute to get it figured out. He got 5* after 5* and kept many, but let some slip away in the portal, especially QBs. But after a few up and down seasons, they're soaring. The name of the game is talent, and if you've got more, there's a much higher chance of winning, or getting a coordinator/assistant in who can make them win.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2

Imagine Coach Prime rolling up to the Georgia high schools and the ATL maxxed out head-to-toe in AU gear. We have those "state of Auburn" shirts with the outline of the state of AL. We could have "state of Auburn" shirts with the outline of the state of GA and a bust of Coach Prime...maybe even an outline of the rest of the SEC footprint.

auburn decal.webp

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

No worries my friend. The internet and written text is difficult to interpret sometimes. I appreciate your apology and humility. I get why people are high on Deion. I can also see why others may be a bit skeptical. But I'd be behind him 110% and would love to see what he could do with our football program. It sucks to see Alabama high school football pump out so many great athletes right now, and Auburn football not even be in contention or consideration for most of them. I've never seen Auburn football this bad in my lifetime. I was a student in '08, watched through '12, but never have altogether cared less about college football than now. Auburn football is flatlining. Someone needs to get some AEDs/defibrillators on Auburn's football program ASAP. 

I understand completely where you are coming from about being apathetic towards Auburn football. I haven’t watched a full game of Auburn football since the UAT game in 2019. As you have said, it’s become stale and boring. It’s also why this program needs a promoter and star who will at least have a perceived notion of hope. Kiffin would be somewhat like that, but I still have questions of his coaching and recruiting. Deion checks the boxes. If he was hired, Auburn would be talked about in every sports show and article, getting national recognition, on top of Deion being able sell his persona to recruits. I just think the rewards outweigh the risks. But, again, hiring Deion would be the most radical hire ever for Auburn football, so I’m not counting on it…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I understand completely where you are coming from about being apathetic towards Auburn football. I haven’t watched a full game of Auburn football since the UAT game in 2019. As you have said, it’s become stale and boring. It’s also why this program needs a promoter and star who will at least have a perceived notion of hope. Kiffin would be somewhat like that, but I still have questions of his coaching and recruiting. Deion checks the boxes. If he was hired, Auburn would be talked about in every sports show and article, getting national recognition, on top of Deion being able sell his persona to recruits. I just think the rewards outweigh the risks. But, again, hiring Deion would be the most radical hire ever for Auburn football, so I’m not counting on it…

I feel you. I'd be good with either. Either of them would move us in the right/better direction than where we are. I've heard bammers and pound puppies say they'd be scared of Prime at Auburn. When your rivals are scared, that's when you know something is right...Here's to hoping! WAR EAGLE! 

Edited by AUINSY

9 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Imagine Coach Prime rolling up to the Georgia high schools and the ATL maxxed out head-to-toe in AU gear. We have those "state of Auburn" shirts with the outline of the state of AL. We could have "state of Auburn" shirts with the outline of the state of GA and a bust of Coach Prime...maybe even an outline of the rest of the SEC footprint.

auburn decal.webp

I never liked that logo...something to do with it being released right before a certain game involving leather touching the posterior when it shouldn't have.

Edited by AUwent

19 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Imagine Coach Prime rolling up to the Georgia high schools and the ATL maxxed out head-to-toe in AU gear.

Metro Atlanta area has a population almost the size of Alabama and Mississippi combined. It’s a recruiting mecca. And is culturally different than the rest of the state. It isn’t a UGA default. This was a point I made earlier, Pearl has figured that out, he now dominates atl, and it’s … kinda worked out well. Deion would bring Atl and other metro areas (ie West and south Fla) heavily into play. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

How has GT found a replacement AD before we have (a good one at that)? I hope they aren't a factor to land Deion. 

PLEASE don't choose McGlynn, Chris!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Metro Atlanta area has a population almost the size of Alabama and Mississippi combined. It’s a recruiting mecca. And is culturally different that the rest of the state. It isn’t a UGA default. This was a point I made earlier, Pearl has figured that out, he now dominates atl, and it’s … kinda worked out well. Deion would bring Atl and other metro areas (ie West and south Fla) heavily into play. 

Good points

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How has GT found a replacement AD before we have (a good one at that)? I hope they aren't a factor to land Deion. 

Oh dear lord we are just screwed screwed

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

GT is an amazing academic school. I live 5 miles from it. But they’ve deemphasized football, not a huge sports culture,  and facilities are way, way behind (plus tough academic guidelines). Bad fit for him in every possible way. Net net - if we lost Deion to GT, it’s time to abandon football all together and use the stadium for lacrosse.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Have you guys ever stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, FSU is the only P5 job he’ll take?

You constantly post the same stuff about coaches you like. Nobody rains on your parade, why you feel the need to dictate over here as well? Ok you don't think so. EVERYBODY knows this. Now cool, us who hopes so can talk about the pluses over here. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, autiger88 said:

How exactly do you know we didn't pay Caddy and them? You don't know for sure. Don't act like you do know our school isn't lily white like you are making it out to be bro. Auburn has been on probation enough to know we aren't lily white. 😂

I took Carlos at his word when he said he had one pair of jeans and thus had to wash them every day. Caddy had a clunker with masking tape over a back window and the heater on Ronnie's old car needed vice grips to turn it on and off. Those are some very, very good indications that they weren't getting boxes of cash.

You have no idea of whether they were getting extra or not. You just want them to be guilty. What I stated above are solid indications that they got nothing extra.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Then why did he interview for others last year?

11 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

As others have stated, he has already interviewed with other power 5 programs in the past.

Ok, who, exactly, did Sanders interview with and when? This claim has been tossed around a great deal but nobody has posted any evidence at all.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ok, who, exactly, did Sanders interview with and when? This claim has been tossed around a great deal but nobody has posted any evidence at all.

I know he interviewed for the Arkansas job a couple of years ago. Don’t know the other ones honestly…

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I know he interviewed for the Arkansas job a couple of years ago. Don’t know the other ones honestly…

So was that before or after he set off on his mission at Jackson State? I don't think he's finished his work boosting JSU and HBCUs and he can't be lured away with money. A challenge may or may not do it, only he knows that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

You constantly post the same stuff about coaches you like. Nobody rains on your parade, why you feel the need to dictate over here as well? Ok you don't think so. EVERYBODY knows this. Now cool, us who hopes so can talk about the pluses over here. 

Just a disclaimer, Prime *would* be my #1 choice.

It's been a long time since we have been nationally recognized as "cool". In the modern era it was Cam Newton. For about 2 years the Gus Malzahn experience was looked at as cool, new, and modern in the media. From 2013-2014. Since then we have been so mediocre on the field, we have been snooze city. Deion Sanders' name representing AU would be a major shot in the arm for our brand nationally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

I was thinking the same thing. It seems that it always takes us so long.

Interesting, same crowd saying Neon coaching vs only minnows isn't a big deal also belittle Malzahns throttling of Temple this week because Temple's. ..a minnow. Oh and the gRuhl crowd point to gRuhls success at...Temple...as key to his AU qualifications.

Can't make this stuff up.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Interesting, same crowd saying Neon coaching vs only minnows isn't a big deal also belittle Malzahns throttling of Temple this week because Temple's. ..a minnow. Oh and the gRuhl crowd point to gRuhls success at...Temple...as key to his AU qualifications.

We've already seen and been on the Gus experiment and it failed miserably. He's a big reason we're in the shape that we're in now because of his inability to recruit at key positions, change up his offense, and win big games. Winning against the weak was never really Gus's problem. If you love Gus so much go root for UCF.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I took Carlos at his word when he said he had one pair of jeans and thus had to wash them every day. Caddy had a clunker with masking tape over a back window and the heater on Ronnie's old car needed vice grips to turn it on and off. Those are some very, very good indications that they weren't getting boxes of cash.

You have no idea of whether they were getting extra or not. You just want them to be guilty. What I stated above are solid indications that they got nothing extra.

So wait you can say that but mine was different how exactly? 

That was my point thank you for proving it. Nobody knows which players got paid or didn't.  🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

It was 3 my bad and Google is easy, TCU being one and no article that I found actually said the other two you have to take Sanders word on it. 

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/jackson-state/2022/02/14/deion-sanders-interviewed-3-power-5-jobs-jackson-state-coach-says/6785892001/

• Like 2