Is Harsin Trolling Auburn?

AUINSY

Auburn football fans couldn’t believe their eyes upon waking up October 13, logging onto Twitter, and seeing Bryan Harsin — whose seat is actively on fire following a 9-10 start to his Tigers head coaching tenure — retweet an inspirational speech from a man in the running to replace him on the Plains.

It wasn’t just anyone either. Harsin shared footage of perhaps the most desired head coaching candidate outside of Ole Miss’ Lane Kiffin — that being current Jackson State head coach Deion ‘Prime Time’ Sanders.

The video showed Sanders calling out his players for needing someone to take them by the hand and lead them instead of going out and earning what they believe they are owed. Whether that is a shot at Harsin’s own program, which has seen numerous transfers since his arrival with complaints about their role, is to be determined.

What isn’t TBD is how uncomfortable it made some fans feel, while others reveled in the potentially trolling glory of the current-but-seemingly-soon-to-be-ousted Auburn football lead locker-room voice:

Deion Sanders may be too SWAC to take the Auburn football head coaching job

Alabama State head coach Eddie Robinson Jr. may have done the trick keeping Deion Sanders from making the Power Five jump after he had a confrontation with ‘Prime Time’ midfield after Jackson State defeated his Hornets and Robinson subsequently called Sanders out for not being SWAC (Southwestern Athletic Conference).

Robinson created a situation where ditching the HBCU would be a bad look for Sanders, and the JSU Tigers head coach has responded by wearing SWAC apparel in an effort to thwart that perception.

With all of this SWAC hysteria reaching a fever pitch, the Auburn football head coaching job seems far less likely for Sanders at this point.

Link:
https://flywareagle.com/2022/10/13/auburn-football-harsin-deion-sanders/

Interesting thought about Robinson Jr’s comment making Deion look bad if he bolts after this year. I can see that take actually which would suck. 

20 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Interesting thought about Robinson Jr’s comment making Deion look bad if he bolts after this year. I can see that take actually which would suck. 

It would be interesting to see what Robinson would do in the roles were reversed?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

It would be interesting to see what Robinson would do in the roles were reversed?

Considering who his Father was, I would have to think it's less likely he'll leave SWAC. I could see him being a lifer, but who knows.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Considering who his Father was, I would have to think it's less likely he'll leave SWAC. I could see him being a lifer, but who knows.

He is not Eddie Robinson from Grambling son

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Actually it’s more about Robinson hoping that Deion leaves, he knows if Deion stays his team and everyone else in the SWAC will have no chance against Deion. He’s scared of Deion and is jealous of him as well because of how quickly Deion has dominated the SWAC in less than 3 years…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Actually it’s more about Robinson hoping that Deion leaves, he knows if Deion stays his team and everyone else in the SWAC will have no chance against Deion. He’s scared of Deion and is jealous of him as well because of how quickly Deion has dominated the SWAC in less than 3 years…

This right here. 😎

• Like 1

Also, if you read articles and listen to interviews with people who know Deion, he wants to win at the highest level in college football. Again, he interviewed already for some power 5 programs. He wants to move up, it just has to be where a school is willing to take that risk because of his lack of coaching experience, scares off a lot of programs… 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m sure Deion’s new found guilty conscience will keep him in the SWAC forever, despite “I’m all about going to the next level.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Robinson was 'upset' because Deion walked in his EZ pregame and then scored more points than Robinson thought he should. Oh how terrible, poor fellow. He came off as an overeacting whiner trying to get the focus off himself, the losing coach.  

2 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

He is definitely not scared of him, nor jealous of him….. and to date this year has been the only SWAC team to really challenge him on the field. He wants to compete with him and is on record saying he is looking forward to the return trip to Jackson in 23, and hope Deion is still there. He believes Deion does not really value the SWAC like he does because he (Robinson) played in the SWAC which is dumb. This is where Robinson is totally wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He is definitely not scared of him, nor jealous of him….. and to date this year has been the only SWAC team to really challenge him on the field. He wants to compete with him and is on record saying he is looking forward to the return trip to Jackson in 23, and hope Deion is still there. He believes Deion does not really value the SWAC like he does because he (Robinson) played in the SWAC which is dumb. This is where Robinson is totally wrong.

With what I do for a living, especially when coaches talk like he has, they are overcompensating for insecurities that they have of themselves. His actions and words are prototypical of people who feel threatened by someone who they know is better than them and are trying to mask that insecurity as combative and “I’m the real alpha” persona. Robinson will be so relieved when Deion leaves, because then he doesn’t have to compete against him anymore…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Also, if you read articles and listen to interviews with people who know Deion, he wants to win at the highest level in college football. Again, he interviewed already for some power 5 programs. He wants to move up, it just has to be where a school is willing to take that risk because of his lack of coaching experience, scares off a lot of programs… 

When his college career is done I can see him eventually ending up in the NFL…but how soon? He said he has unfinished business working in the SWAC and restoring HBCU schools as major players in football. Is it this year?  Does he after the season for Auburn, Tech, Nebraska or FSU if the wheels fall off? Does he take his son with him as a transfer? 🤷🏽‍♂️ who knows but he is definitely the hottest name out there now, so we shall see.

17 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Who IS SWAC?!?! :) 

5 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

With what I do for a living, especially when coaches talk like he has, they are overcompensating for insecurities that they have of themselves. His actions and words are prototypical of people who feel threatened by someone who they know is better than them and are trying to mask that insecurity as combative and “I’m the real alpha” persona. Robinson will be so relieved when Deion leaves, because then he doesn’t have to compete against him anymore…

Competitors compete its what they do. He is a competitor, he is not threatened by Deion or will he be relieved when and if he leaves. Not sure how one can assess that from a presser. He wants to show ASU can compete and beat him on the field like any other coach would.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Both of em…if anything Robinson showed he his head coaching inexperience with that foolish rant.

I was just poking fun from Deion's interview where he kept asking who actually was, indeed, SWAC. But yeah I think you're right. To his credit, at least Robinson did acknowledge Deion's doing some big things and good things, but Robinson was definitely too butthurt about the whole ordeal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Both of em…if anything Robinson showed he his head coaching inexperience with that foolish rant.

Robinson pride really came out. I am from the gump and he is well respected. Made it to the NFL from ASU, but ASU was acting ignorant as hell, cursing at Deion pre game and post game. I love my city but dang 

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Competitors compete its what they do. He is a competitor, he is not threatened by Deion or will he be relieved when and if he leaves. Not sure how one can assess that from a presser. He wants to show ASU can compete and beat him on the field like any other coach would.

It’s one thing to be competitive, but how personal he made it out to be is a sign of how insecure he is and threatened by Deion’s success…

• Like 1

That's a wild thing for Harsin to tweet lol he really doesn't give a damn

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

When his college career is done I can see him eventually ending up in the NFL…but how soon? He said he has unfinished business working in the SWAC and restoring HBCU schools as major players in football. Is it this year?  Does he after the season for Auburn, Tech, Nebraska or FSU if the wheels fall off? Does he take his son with him as a transfer? 🤷🏽‍♂️ who knows but he is definitely the hottest name out there now, so we shall see.

Yea, I just know that he seems ready for the next step. I honestly believe he loves college football because he likes being a mentor to young people. Can’t really do that in the NFL, with egos as big as his. I think this will be the year he leaves IF the right program calls. I don’t think he’ll leave for any program, I will say that. And being objective, if Auburn offered him the job, he would jump immediately…

Edited by Auburnguy101