Is Harsin Trolling Auburn?

AUINSY

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

That's a wild thing for Harsin to tweet lol he really doesn't not give a damn

He don’t care lol. He has 15 million reasons not to. That’s why I be shaking my head when these dudes be saying his reputation going to take a hit. If that man didn’t care last spring , people really think he cares now ? Lol. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Robinson pride really came out. I am from the gump and he is well respected. Made it to the NFL from ASU, but ASU was acting ignorant as hell, cursing at Deion pre game and post game. I love my city but dang 

This. I was extremely disappointed, he had that game circled for a year, but the disrespect from his players towards another HC and a legend like Deion showed his inexperience as a leader and a coach. Glad he apologized…FYI I am from Montgomery (Gump) as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yea, I just know that he seems ready for the next step. I honestly believe he loves college football because he likes being a mentor to young people. Can’t really do that in the NFL, with egos as big as his. I think this will be the year he leaves IF the right program calls. I don’t think he’ll leave for any program, I will say that. And being objective, if Auburn offered him the job, he would jump immediately…

Yes he does. But his personality can mesh with NFL players as well. If he continues to ascend and win in college ball, the NFL will come calling, and he will listen, and if he has accomplished his goals I can see him coaching on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes he does. But his personality can mesh with NFL players as well. If he continues to ascend and win in college ball, the NFL will come calling, and he will listen, and if he has accomplished his goals I can see him coaching on Sunday. 

Oh I agree, if that is his ultimate goal to go to the NFL, then yea, he’ll do it. However, that wouldn’t stop me from hiring him. Don’t care if he uses us as a spring board, means that he did some amazing things here…

Edited by Auburnguy101

2 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Oh I agree, if that is his ultimate goal to go to the NFL, then yea, he’ll do it. However, that wouldn’t stop me from hiring him. Don’t care if he uses us as a spring board, means that he did some amazing things here…

He is my number one choice but I just don’t see him leaving Jackson this soon…partly my opinion and partly what some close to him in the SWAC office have said. But at the end of the day cash and opportunity rules 🤷🏽‍♂️ so this may be his best time to leave. But does Auburn even go that way, when some have implied Grimes is the guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

That's a wild thing for Harsin to tweet lol he really doesn't give a damn

Yep. If he was winning that would make him bad _ss but losing coupled with that attitude is just plain bad

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He is my number one choice but I just don’t see him leaving Jackson this soon…partly my opinion and partly what some close to him in the SWAC office have said. But at the end of the day cash and opportunity rules 🤷🏽‍♂️ so this may be his best time to leave. But does Auburn even go that way, when some have implied Grimes is the guy.

I would agree with you except that he has already interviewed with some power 5 programs. And yea, I think most logical Auburn people know that we aren’t going to hire Deion, as I’ve said before, he would be the most radical hire in football Auburn has made. And again I agree, Grimes will probably be the one we hire, it’s their safe and comfortable pick, which in itself is not true at all. He wouldn’t even be mentioned if he never coached here. It’s like the main criteria to be Auburn’s head coach is to have a connection to Auburn. It would be such a lazy hire. No one can honestly say that Grimes is the best candidate out there. He’s not above Kiffin, he’s not above Aranda  (who I’m not even high on), he’s not above Fickell, he’s not above Deion,. There are others as well that I would call before Grimes. What I’m trying to say is Grimes would be a typical Auburn coach: safe and comfortable and no record of being consistent, of winning a championship and recruiting at the highest level against the top programs. There is a reason he’s bounced around so many programs. He’s not this can’t miss guy, but Auburn is just too lazy to do anything other than being safe unfortunately…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Also, if you read articles and listen to interviews with people who know Deion, he wants to win at the highest level in college football. Again, he interviewed already for some power 5 programs. He wants to move up, it just has to be where a school is willing to take that risk because of his lack of coaching experience, scares off a lot of programs… 

We know Auburn has no problem hiring people with a lack of experience.

• Haha 1

In an interview with the Spruce Pine Gazzette and Daily Beacon, Harsin says he will be alright if Auburn chooses to dismiss him this season. "I mean, I just don't want all the fans to be worried about me and my family. Sure, this may not be an outcome we would have wanted. But we've been shopping at Aldi and cooking at home. I don't think any of our iPhones are the 'Pro' version. So, we've been able to save up enough to get us by til I can find work down at the sawmill or somewhere."

Harsin_new.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

We know Auburn has no problem hiring people with a lack of experience.

As long as they are a “safe” hire, I know. It’s why we have been in purgatory of mediocrity for the past 10+ years. Deion is considered inexperienced on this board, but Grimes is a great candidate. Again, people are showing their biases towards a particular individual and that’s how many of the Auburn brass see it as well unfortunately. I’m trying to see any logic that Deion shouldn’t be in the top 2 for the job. He’s my number one, but he should at least get an interview, but I doubt it. But Auburn will interview guys who are retreads and meh hires, as long as the Auburn brass feels “comfortable “ with them, that’s all that matters. You can’t tell me you care about winning then hire someone like Grimes. You can’t tell me you care about NIL and hire someone like Aranda who isn’t the best recruiter. All of these candidates people talk about are really meh hires and bring absolutely no excitement to the average Auburn fan. This program is on a decline and Deion is the only one who could bring it back to life. Again, just my opinion. I’ve braced myself to be disappointed, has been that way for 30+ years when it comes to Auburn football coaching changes…

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

That's a wild thing for Harsin to tweet lol he really doesn't give a damn

Are you under the impression he ever actually did give a damn eldrick!? I’m struggling to find examples of that being the case!!!  Lmao 😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

As long as they are a “safe” hire, I know. It’s why we have been in purgatory of mediocrity for the past 10+ years. Deion is considered inexperienced on this board, but Grimes is a great candidate. Again, people are showing their biases towards a particular individual and that’s how many of the Auburn brass see it as well unfortunately. I’m trying to see any logic that Deion shouldn’t be in the top 2 for the job. He’s my number one, but he should at least get an interview, but I doubt it. But Auburn will interview guys who are retreads and meh hires, as long as the Auburn brass feels “comfortable “ with them, that’s all that matters. You can’t tell me you care about winning then hire someone like Grimes. You can’t tell me you care about NIL and hire someone like Aranda who isn’t the best recruiter. All of these candidates people talk about are really meh hires and bring absolutely no excitement to the average Auburn fan. This program is on a decline and Deion is the only one who could bring it back to life. Again, just my opinion. I’ve braced myself to be disappointed, has been that way for 30+ years when it comes to Auburn football coaching changes…

Agree, you can’t tell me you care about winning and then hire Greene and Harsin. Not to mention, Jay Jacobs before Greene.

Edited by AU-24