Commiserate with me.

Mims44

We are rock bottom. Look, there was a small but vocal group of AU fans signaling Gus was driving us to the bottom. Years of ignoring key positions like OL and MLB in recruiting have taken a toll. Compounding our issues is Harsin hasn't realized the situation he has. No one will every get 4-5 years at AU to learn and figure it out. Lane Kiffin has the model. Supplement through the portal until you can break into HS recruiting.  Unfortunately, we are 2-3 seasons at best from being competitive again and that is only if we can actually hire a real coach.  Depressing.  A decade of bad football will go by quick if you aren't careful. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

So, not a great season. Not a great day yesterday. Figure others might want to share in their Saturdays as well.

I live in TN, so we met with a few other friends. Watched Auburn then planned on switching to TN/Bama after. Soon as weather delay hit the channel gets changed, I say 'Hey it might come back on soon' and one guy responds that we switched over early in UT games for years, now that MY team is trash it's gonna get switched before end of game.

It actually hit me then just how far Auburn has dropped in peoples minds. Admittedly hurt me a lil bit to realize it, so I told him not to insult my team. He replied 'It's not an insult, it's reality'

So then I responded; 'Well your reality is your wife told mine she's been hiding money in a secret account because your marriage is falling apart'

...Because I don't respond to things proportionately.

Anyways, hope everyone has a great week! Share your Saturday stories here ;) 

i am not so sure it is the players but coaching. i think the boise boys are in over their head. and i get sick of the coaches saying all year long the kids need to get better over and over. well after a while it is not the kids or even just the kids as much as i believe it is also in coaching.why can he not tell the public the coaching needs to be better as well? everyone seems to hate our oline coach but a couple of mods say he was handcuffed and not allowed to coach the line as it should be and that all this will be made public when hars leaves.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Scary thing is, people still support Harsin. Not so much here, but Facebook groups I’m in…yikes. 

I think people are just so caught up in this whole “boosters coup” narrative that they are willing to blindly support this horrific excuse for a head coach.  He’s getting more of a leash than anyone else would ever get with fans becasue of the “big, bad boosters”. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I think people are just so caught up in this whole “boosters coup” narrative that they are willing to blindly support this horrific excuse for a head coach.  He’s getting more of a leash than anyone else would ever get with fans becasue of the “big, bad boosters”. 

That’s the common thread in most of the comments I’ve seen. No one to willingly admit that he’s just not a good coach, nor a good fit for Auburn. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You what??

Switched to the TN game?

Yeah, though I wasn't happy about it. Haven't willingly turned off a game early since 2012. Which means I've stuck it out through some stinkers :lol: 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s the common thread in most of the comments I’ve seen. 

Me too. Basically people believe he was set up to fail. At this point I don’t see how people still believe that conspiracy theory. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Switched to the TN game?

Yeah, though I wasn't happy about it. Haven't willingly turned off a game early since 2012. Which means I've stuck it out through some stinkers :lol: 

I don’t want to speak for anyone, but I think the “You what?” comment was more directed at what you said to your friend versus changing to a different football game…..   wow, seems like a real overreaction to me.  

I used to get all kinds of bent out of shape watching Auburn football.  It was to a point that if the team didn’t play well, I was miserable - to myself and others.  A bad game would ruin my whole weekend.  It was like a part of my identity was tied to how Auburn played football.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still probably more passionate about AU football than most, and will utter explicatives when we play poorly, but I’m far from miserable.  And a few minutes after the game I’m ready to live my life again.  We only get 52 Saturdays a year - don’t let how some kids play affect your life negatively.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I don’t want to speak for anyone, but I think the “You what?” comment was more directed at what you said to your friend versus changing to a different football game…..   wow, seems like a real overreaction to me.  

I used to get all kinds of bent out of shape watching Auburn football.  It was to a point that if the team didn’t play well, I was miserable - to myself and others.  A bad game would ruin my whole weekend.  It was like a part of my identity was tied to how Auburn played football.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still probably more passionate about AU football than most, and will utter explicatives when we play poorly, but I’m far from miserable.  And a few minutes after the game I’m ready to live my life again.  We only get 52 Saturdays a year - don’t let how some kids play affect your life negatively.   

Oh I still enjoy watching it a ton. When Auburn has down years like this I tend to switch to closely watching a few players I find exciting instead of the overall game.

Tank is still a blast to watch do his thing, guys getting hit deep in the backfield so often and people prolly wouldn't even complain if he called it in a bit during games, instead he's constantly going all out while knowing full well the type of line he's running behind.

Robby is another one, dude is making tons of mistakes... tons. But lack of effort is never one of them. Guy has next to no experience and prolly didn't have designs on starting at all this season. But I love watching the effort he puts forth.

D. Hall I don't even have to speak on, everyone knows him and how hard he plays. Talk about being pissy from a game, them calling that helmet to helmet on him at the very start of the game was the only time I came close to actually being angry lol. Luckily the refs got it right.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Its mind boggling.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Its mind boggling.

Some are supporting just because he is “here”. He is the coach so let’s stand with him and the players until he is gone, but many will be happy and drive the trucks when he is asked to leave town.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

We are rock bottom. Look, there was a small but vocal group of AU fans signaling Gus was driving us to the bottom. 

Major eye roll from me.. Sure, sure

Bottom line is -- had the right coach been lined up to replace Malzahn then we could have been rolling year 1 right of the gate and by rolling i mean completely relevant w a formidable squad that just needed some oline transfers/recruits and a legit wr. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Figure others might want to share in their Saturdays as well.

Raked a lot leaves starting around halftime in 2012. Have a lawn service these day so I just drink another beer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

So then I responded; 'Well your reality is your wife told mine she's been hiding money in a secret account because your marriage is falling apart'

That a way; go for the jugular.  Next time he will thing twice before dissing the Auburn Tigers.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Scary thing is, people still support Harsin. Not so much here, but Facebook groups I’m in…yikes. 

Auburn has some of the dumbest and most clueless fans imaginable. Seriously. And it's 100% more harmful than "tHe bOoStERs" who at least think they're doing the right thing and want success. A real portion of this fanbase is stuck in a perpetual state of Stockholm syndrome and sadism wherein they view the program from the most pathetic light imaginable. See how quickly they make heroes out of anyone who seemingly stands on the opposite side of "the boosters" (ie: Allen Greene and Bryan Harsin). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Some are supporting just because he is “here”. He is the coach so let’s stand with him and the players until he is gone, but many will be happy and drive the trucks when he is asked to leave town.

Why would any fan of Auburn support a coach who has ran the program into the ground and made us a laughingstock? He’s not even pretending to care about recruiting anymore, not that anyone can tell the difference. 

• Like 1

Well at least you gave your friend a warning of what his wife is doing I guess lol. Probably could have done it when ya found out but that’s ok. 😎

35 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Major eye roll from me.. Sure, sure

Bottom line is -- had the right coach been lined up to replace Malzahn then we could have been rolling year 1 right of the gate and by rolling i mean completely relevant w a formidable squad that just needed some oline transfers/recruits and a legit wr. 

How much different would we be now if we got George Pickens actually to play at Auburn? He and Bo were like BFFs and would play in camps together and everything. Even with our terrible o-line, if Pickens and Seth Williams were on the same team, or maybe even if Seth just stayed another year, things may have been drastically different now than they are. Or maybe they’d still be this bad. Who knows…

• Like 1

Some of this is hilarious. Harsin got a 6 year contract?  Add up the money auburn paid fired coaches. Is any other program even close?

20 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I think two things can be true at the same time. A person (me) could have thought 'somebody' in the chain acted like a total scumbag to bring his family into this, that fairness has meaning, that therefore we needed to wipe the slate clean and move on. A person (me) could also believe that having been given this fair chance, it was up to Harsin to prove himself on the field, one way or the other. A person (me) thinks Harsin has failed miserably with the opportunity he was given and should have already been fired (after Mizzou, LSU, UGa at the latest). Those who thought he should get a fair chance because of the smear, should be able to see it's long past the time he needed a good firing. 

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

How much different would we be now if we got George Pickens actually to play at Auburn? He and Bo were like BFFs and would play in camps together and everything. Even with our terrible o-line, if Pickens and Seth Williams were on the same team, or maybe even if Seth just stayed another year, things may have been drastically different now than they are. Or maybe they’d still be this bad. Who knows…

I think missing out on Justyn Ross really hurt and also Reuben Foster but definitely Pickens would have been massive for us

• Like 1