Lara Logan, Former respected CBS Journalists, turned "Red Pilled" Right Wing Pundit, gets banned from NewsMax After Having a Conspiracy Meltdown rant live on Air.

CoffeeTiger

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/20/media/newsmax-lara-logan-ban/index.html

Another Right wing Conservative falls victim to Cancel Culture again...this time at the hands of one of the nations premier right wing networks!? 

She used to be a correspondent for 60 Minutes and apparently was a respected journalist , but something went off the rails with this woman around 2018 when she left CBS and became a typical "right wing" wingnut, accusing the media of being biased against Donald Trump and being liberal propogandist. 

These comments got her jobs at the Right Wing Sinclair Broadcasting and then later her own show on Fox News' online venture. 

She then bought into to just about every conspiracy theory you can imagine. ANTIFA was taking over the nation, the Covid vaccine was poison...she believed that the HIV virus doesn't really cause AIDS. She believes the Rothchild family started the Civil War and assassinated Lincoln, she also supports Russia's invasion of Ukraine believing they are a bunch of nazis like Putin claims.  She apparently was then silently removed by Fox News after a rant about Fauci being comparable to the Nazi's and she criticized the Auschwitz museum on twitter after they complained about her remarks. 

She then became a regular tv contributer to right wing media outlets, but now she has now been banned from fellow right wing "news" outlet NewsMax after this hilarious rant on air:

In a bizarre interview, Logan told host Eric Bolling that “the open border is Satan’s way of taking control of the world,” and later added that the world’s elites “want us eating insects [and] cockroaches” while they “dine on the blood of children.”

Her full comments:

Logan told Bolling: “God believes in sovereignty and national identity and the sanctity of family, and all the things that we’ve lived with from the beginning of time.

“And he knows that the open [southern US] border is Satan’s way of taking control of the world through all of these people who are his stooges and his servants.

“And they may think that they’re going to become gods. That’s what they tell us … You know, the ones who want us eating insects, cockroaches and that while they dine on the blood of children? Those are the people, right? They’re not going to win. They’re not going to win.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like Arizona governor candidate Kari Lake is on a similar path to Logan. Formerly a respected news correspondent for her local station then became  a right wing celebrity after quitting and accusing her news employers of liberal bias and suppressing the "truth" 

Lake has also similarly bought into a wide range of conspiracy theories about vaccines, voting fraud, etc and is now considered a strong Republican candidate to win in Arizona. 

This kind of stuff is what makes it hard for anyone to take these self proclaimed "free thinkers" and anti-liberal media bias pioneers seriously...too often they just come off as deranged, mentally unstable lunatics who'll believe literally anything they read on the internet as long as it's not supported by traditional media. 

Too bad so many Republicans can't tell the difference between legitimately crazy and real life. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• CoffeeTiger changed the title to Lara Logan, Former respected CBS Journalists, turned "Red Pilled" Right Wing Pundit, gets banned from NewsMax After Having a Conspiracy Meltdown rant live on Air.

33 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/20/media/newsmax-lara-logan-ban/index.html

Another Right wing Conservative falls victim to Cancel Culture again...this time at the hands of one of the nations premier right wing networks!? 

She used to be a correspondent for 60 Minutes and apparently was a respected journalist , but something went off the rails with this woman around 2018 when she left CBS and became a typical "right wing" wingnut, accusing the media of being biased against Donald Trump and being liberal propogandist. 

These comments got her jobs at the Right Wing Sinclair Broadcasting and then later her own show on Fox News' online venture. 

She then bought into to just about every conspiracy theory you can imagine. ANTIFA was taking over the nation, the Covid vaccine was poison...she believed that the HIV virus doesn't really cause AIDS. She believes the Rothchild family started the Civil War and assassinated Lincoln, she also supports Russia's invasion of Ukraine believing they are a bunch of nazis like Putin claims.  She apparently was then silently removed by Fox News after a rant about Fauci being comparable to the Nazi's and she criticized the Auschwitz museum on twitter after they complained about her remarks. 

She then became a regular tv contributer to right wing media outlets, but now she has now been banned from fellow right wing "news" outlet NewsMax after this hilarious rant on air:

In a bizarre interview, Logan told host Eric Bolling that “the open border is Satan’s way of taking control of the world,” and later added that the world’s elites “want us eating insects [and] cockroaches” while they “dine on the blood of children.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like Arizona governor candidate Kari Lake is on a similar path to Logan. Formerly a respected news correspondent for her local station then became  a right wing celebrity after quitting and accusing her news employers of liberal bias and suppressing the "truth" 

Lake has also similarly bought into a wide range of conspiracy theories about vaccines, voting fraud, etc and is now considered a strong Republican candidate to win in Arizona. 

This kind of stuff is what makes it hard for anyone to take these self proclaimed "free thinkers" and anti-liberal media bias pioneers seriously...too often they just come off as deranged, mentally unstable lunatics who'll believe literally anything they read on the internet as long as it's not supported by traditional media. 

Too bad so many Republicans can't tell the difference between legitimately crazy and real life. 

Clearly Logan has some mental health issues. Possibly stemming from her brutal rape in Tahrir Square. I hope she finds help.

To compare Lake to her was a stretch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Clearly Logan has some mental health issues. Possibly stemming from her brutal rape in Tahrir Square. I hope she finds help.

To compare Lake to her was a stretch.

So do you believe that Conservative media has any culpability In continuously giving a platform and interviews to this obviously mentally ill person which only encourages them further down the path they are on? Why are obviously troubled people such a draw for conservative/right wing audiences? 

I think her and Lake are on a similar path… lake isn’t as bad yet, but there are stark similarities. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So do you believe that Conservative media has any culpability In continuously giving a platform and interviews to this obviously mentally ill person which only encourages them further down the path they are on? Why are obviously troubled people such a draw for conservative/right wing audiences? 

These are fair questions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think her and Lake are on a similar path… lake isn’t as bad yet, but there are stark similarities. 

I believe any media company has culpability for giving certain people platforms, particularly those with mental health issues. I have no proof that they are.

Well that is an opinion. I see them vastly different. One traumatized the other fed up.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

She used to be a correspondent for 60 Minutes and apparently was a respected journalist ,

Very respected. She was an excellent foreign correspondent.

You're probably too young to remember but she kind of came out of nowhere when enduring freedom kicked off and all of the sudden was a nightly fixture for CBS 

• Like 1

And yeah if you're not familiar with what she went through in Cairo, well, to call it traumatic would be an understatement. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

How do you explain General Michael Flynn?

I guess the question would be: Did Flynn become crazy and radicalized in his later years or was he always a nutter and just protected and promoted due to nepotism and toxic culture within the military/intelligence community? I honestly don’t know. 

At least with Lara there is video evidence of her at one time being an intelligent, normal and professional person. 

I have a feeling Lara won’t seek help and will instead just integrate herself in with independent right wing media and the Far right podcasts and YouTube shows that are out there. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Did Flynn become crazy and radicalized in his later years or was he always a nutter and just protected and promoted due to nepotism and toxic culture within the military/intelligence community?

Are you aware of or have examples of said nepotism and toxic culture within the military intelligence community? 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, AUDub said:

She is stark raving mad

22k 'likes' on this tweet and Elon Musk, the richest man in the country, is posting fake news articles about the attackers being Paul Pelosi's gay lover. 

We are living in the worst timeline. 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

22k 'likes' on this tweet and Elon Musk, the richest man in the country, is posting fake news articles about the attackers being Paul Pelosi's gay lover. 

We are living in the worst timeline. 

In many ways, it's a worse threat to the future of our country than we have ever experienced.

We could simply produce our way out of danger in WWII.  Likewise, Communism is an empty long term threat and always will be.

The future of global democracy is in our hands and we are going to fumble it because of social media and the political division it creates.  The Republican party is in the vanguard for this.  They are clearly ready to sacrifice our democratic freedom for authoritarian power.  They would remake us in the political image of Russia or China.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

In many ways, it's a worse threat to the future of our country than we have ever experienced.

We could simply produce our way out of danger in WWII.  Likewise, Communism is an empty long term threat and always will be.

The future of global democracy is in our hands and we are going to fumble it because of social media and the political division it creates.  The Republican party is in the vanguard for this.  They are clearly ready to sacrifice our democratic freedom for authoritarian power.  They would remake us in the political image of Russia or China.

You are so full of baloney. The radical demonic left, of which you are a proud member, is the worse and present danger to democracy and this country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

You are so full of baloney. The radical demonic left, of which you are a proud member, is the worse and present danger to democracy and this country.

Is this parody?

(Oh, yeah, I forgot you folks are crazy enough to actually believe that.)

A majority of the Republican party says it believes Trump won in 2020 and they are trying to take control of the election apparatus in various states to ensure that it never happens again.

And now we have armed MAGAts "patrolling" ballot collection sites and sending threatening messages to voluntee poll workers. 

Yet, it's the "radical demonic left" that represents the real threat.  :rolleyes:

Hilarious.  :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

13 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The Radical Right is literally attacking Congress to try and stop elections. 

The Radical left is trying to get medical insurance for everyone and free education

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The Radical Right is literally attacking Congress to try and stop elections. 

200 out of 24 million registered voters attacked and you indict an entire party. And yet some of you wonder why people think you are crazy. Unbelievable.

I'll do my part to help, but you guys have to at least try. SMH

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

It's like a "crazy virus" and it's widespread.

I think we've got a few infected folks in this forum.

Yep, you couldn't have stated it any better. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

200 out of 24 million registered voters attacked and you indict an entire party. And yet some of you wonder why people think you are crazy. Unbelievable.

You're just going to ignore the fact that the man they put in office, and many want to put there again, was primarily responsible for it? 

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You're just going to ignore the fact that the man they put in office, and many want to put there again, was primarily responsible for it? 

That is a left wing opinion yet to be proven. Look, I saw the same speeches the 200 nut jobs saw as did you. Did you go attack? Yeah, nor did I for the record. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I indict the Republican party on it's reaction to it and it's failure to try and hold anyone accountable for it. Republicans first tried to blame ANTIFA, then Pelosi, then said it wasn't a big deal, then didn't want an investigation. Hell, a pretty large portion of the Republican party doesn't even believe the Jan6 attackers did anything wrong. 

And it's funny. I was responding to a post from one of your fellow Conservatives that calls liberals 'demonic' and yet you take issue with ME bringing up a real political event that actually happened as if I'm being unreasonable and divisive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That is a left wing opinion yet to be proven. Look, I saw the same speeches the 200 nut jobs saw as did you. Did you go attack? Yeah, nor did I for the record. 

Would you vote for Trump over Biden now?