The laying of hands

TexasTiger

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hey guys, that's not Jesus...it's literally Charles Manson. lol 

Interview: Jeff Guinn, Author Of 'Manson' : NPR

I thought that intentional, but whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. We're gonna get you!

Don't go to sleep!

13 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

CULT

Ron is a rascist.

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Actually, if you believe in the Trinity, Christ was pretty clear that he didn’t seek to be an earthly king. He was about moral & spiritual laws, not locking people up on Earth.

God seeks to set prisoners free, not from physical captivity, but from sin, ignorance, rebellion, and foolish choices.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The first part is BS, but the fact that you don’t see the evidence outlined by the January 6 committee just shows your head is either deep in the sand or up your a#*.

Sorry to butt in, but just curious. Evidence of what precisely? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

So you compromise a commandment with what you feel is the modern “need” for everyone to get along.  The question stands - what other commandments do you feel are not necessary to follow?

Practically speaking, I think it's better if we focus on the constitution in regard to politics.

11 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

But no one asked you…..

I don't recall anyone inviting you to participate in this forum newbie.  :-\

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

I don't recall anyone inviting you to participate in this forum.

I asked him a question, he answered.  We have dialog on a topic.  See yourself out.

if I wanted advice on estrogen pills, how to tuck, or what kind of leggings to wear I’d seek you out.  But on this topic, you have nothing to offer.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I asked him a question, he answered.  We have dialog on a topic.  See yourself out.

if I wanted advice on estrogen pills, how to tuck, or what kind of leggings to wear I’d seek you out.  But on this topic, you have nothing to offer.

I guess as a newbie you don't understand how this place works.

The only dialog on this forum that is private is one conducted via PMs (that's personal messages).  Otherwise, anyone can volunteer their comments at any time on any post.

So take your authoritarian advice and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine.

(That would be the same place your head normally resides.)  ;D

1000_F_281580350_qkEX0gsszrDoMJElsCZMAuC

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I guess as a newbie you don't understand how this place works.

The only dialog on this forum that is private is one conducted via PMs (that's personal messages).  Otherwise, anyone can volunteer their comments at any time on any post.

So take your authoritarian advice and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine.

(That would be the same place your head normally resides.)  ;D

1000_F_281580350_qkEX0gsszrDoMJElsCZMAuC

You volunteered but nobody wanted your feedback.  Not even your soy bros.  So converse on something that is relevant to you

Just now, pensacolatiger said:

You volunteered but nobody wanted your feedback.  Not even your soy bros.  So converse on something that is relevant to you

No, I'd rather you leave.  We don't need you.  You're an embarrassment to this forum and Auburn University in general.

(See, we both can do this.) ;);D

34 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Glad to see you’ve mastered your three greatest priorities.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I'd rather you leave.  We don't need you.  You're an embarrassment to this forum and Auburn University in general.

(See, we both can do this.) ;);D

Do you speak for a band of soy brethren?  

this thread is literally a picture of Jesus and a politician.  And you’re dumb enough to say, hey let’s not talk about religion.  We get it, you’re an atheist clown.  But why would you feel entitled to speak on religion?  I don’t give medical advice……..because I’m not a Dr.

33 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

We get it, you’re an atheist clown.  But why would you feel entitled to speak on religion?  I don’t give medical advice……..because I’m not a Dr.

Because in the medical world there are actual, provable facts that lead to provable outcomes. Medicine is a real science. Literally any belief system can be a Religion. 

There are no similarly hard facts or outcomes in regards to religion. Religion is based on everyone's individual interpretations/belief systems and nobody can 'prove' that their religion or their interpretation of their preferred religious text is any more accurate or true than anyone else's interpretation. Even with the protestant Bible, which many Christians claim to be very clear and easy to understand,  you have thousands of different interpretations and belief systems around what it says and what it commands....and nobody can really prove the other to be conclusively "wrong", because the "truth", as it were, only exists in the individual minds of people.  

The only way to know who's "right and whose wrong" in regards to Religion is to wait till the end of the earth/time and see if any of the thousands of known Gods show up to claim our souls or if we all just wither away into nothingness, or maybe we discover that everyone was wrong and the real God was an entity not even known or understood by any human.

Should be exciting. like opening up presents on Christmas. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Because in the medical world there are actual, provable facts that lead to provable outcomes. Medicine is a real science. Literally any belief system can be a Religion. 

There are no similarly hard facts or outcomes in regards to religion. Religion is based on everyone's individual interpretations/belief systems and nobody can 'prove' that their religion or their interpretation of their preferred religious text is any more accurate or true than anyone else's interpretation. Even with the protestant Bible, which many Christians claim to be very clear and easy to understand,  you have thousands of different interpretations and belief systems around what it says and what it commands....and nobody can really prove the other to be conclusively "wrong", because the "truth", as it were, only exists in the individual minds of people.  

The only way to know who's "right and whose wrong" in regards to Religion is to wait till the end of the earth/time and see if any of the thousands of known Gods show up to claim our souls or if we all just wither away into nothingness, or maybe we discover that everyone was wrong and the real God was an entity not even known or understood by any human.

Should be exciting. like opening up presents on Christmas. 

But the atheist was telling me I shouldn’t talk about religion🤣

1 minute ago, pensacolatiger said:

But the atheist was telling me I shouldn’t talk about religion🤣

Homer simply states that  he believes that the constitution should play a bigger part in politics than individual religious beliefs, which I think is a good take. 

And in response to your question to DKW, 

There are those that would believe you are compromising on the "Do not kill" commandment if you support the death penalty/war/shooting intruders on your property/etc. 

Everyone  compromises on commandments and biblical principles to one extent or another. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Homer simply states that  he believes that the constitution should play a bigger part in politics than individual religious beliefs, which I think is a good take. 

And in response to your question to DKW, 

There are those that would believe you are compromising on the "Do not kill" commandment if you support the death penalty/war/shooting intruders on your property/etc. 

Everyone  compromises on commandments and biblical principles to one extent or another. 

Why do you guys keep trying to answer a question addressed to someone else?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I don’t give medical advice……..because I’m not a Dr.

I'm glad you weren't posting anything about that "experimental" vaccine the other day, then.

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The first part is BS, but the fact that you don’t see the evidence outlined by the January 6 committee just shows your head is either deep in the sand or up your a#*.

Your topic is BS. Fact is the man is walking free and be our next president.