The Red Wave (Tsunami) in two weeks

I_M4_AU

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Can we let folks travel to Cuba now without ridiculous restrictions instead of appeasing a strident special interest group that’s decidedly partisan anyway? C’mon Joe! 

For real. 

Batista isn't walking through that door, ex-pats. I want my damned Cohibas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Probably in some races.  But it certainly wasn't a massive boost for Dems.  Might have staved off a few losses in some areas of the country though.

There are election deniers, climate deniers and Dobbs deniers. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not convinced DeSantis plays well outside of Florida.  We have to start understanding that the dynamics of Florida are unique.

What I see is that traditional candidates like Kemp in Georgia stand the best chance for Rs.  He outperformed Walker by 7 points.

For Dems, the message is invest in PA, WI, MI, MN, NC, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada.  That's the pathway to 270 in 2024.

To wit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

To wit 

I honestly think this is why Georgia has two Democratic Senators and Warnock may get re-elected.

Statewide level races show that Georgia is still red with traditional Rs running.  But the last two cycles, state Republicans there have run bad Trump-style candidates and are consistently losing.

As a Dem voter, I'll take it, but Rs have shot themselves in the foot multiple times without learning the lesson.

• Like 3

I wonder how this midterm would have run without inflation as a factor. 2024 it won't be a factor. The state of the economy is likely to be much improved. 

Democrats also have to continue to walk away from the whole defund the police stupidity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I honestly think this is why Georgia has two Democratic Senators and Warnock may get re-elected.

Statewide level races show that Georgia is still red with traditional Rs running.  But the last two cycles, state Republicans there have run bad Trump-style candidates and are consistently losing.

As a Dem voter, I'll take it, but Rs have shot themselves in the foot multiple times without learning the lesson.

Both parties could learn this lesson, but it’s far more pronounced on the right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Democrats also have to continue to walk away from the whole defund the police stupidity. 

There's a reason you'll never hear Biden utter the phrase. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Both parties could learn this lesson, but it’s far more pronounced on the right.

The particularly loud and annoying progressives like AOC and her wing that expect Joe freaking Manchin to legislate like they do. 

• Like 3

Awful quiet today without Boebert yapping about the red wave. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

They did a terrible job of defining what that meant and Rs painted them into a corner.

Defunding the police doesn't mean abolishing the police.  But Ds were AWFUL at that message.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They did a terrible job of defining what that meant and Rs painted them into a corner.

Defunding the police doesn't mean abolishing the police.  But Ds were AWFUL at that message.

This. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The particularly loud and annoying progressives like AOC and her wing that expect Joe freaking Manchin to legislate like they do. 

Manchin is an incredible gift to Democrats they need to learn to be grateful for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Manchin is an incredible gift to Democrats they need to learn to be grateful for.

Think it was you that said if all the dimwits out there that criticize him realized how important he truly is, they'd be buying him steak dinners. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well, it starts with the catchphrase "defund the police."  If you don't actually mean "defund," then don't use that word for shock purposes.  Come up with a phrase that more accurately reflects what you DO mean rather than getting pissy that Republicans took your own words - that you yourself admit isn't what you actually want to do- and made you look bad with them.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, it starts with the catchphrase "defund the police."  If you don't actually mean "defund," then don't use that word for shock purposes.  Come up with a phrase that more accurately reflects what you DO mean rather than getting pissy that Republicans took your own words - that you yourself admit isn't what you actually want to do- and made you look bad with them.

Extreme progressive groups came up with the phrase, not mainstream Dems.  That's a key distinction to make.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Think it was you that said if all the dimwits out there that criticize him realized how important he truly is, they'd be buying him steak dinners. 

With a good Merlot.

Boebert seems academic now. 

The dems have a remote but very real chance of keeping the house. 

For levity:

• Haha 1

Not that it's a sure thing yet with the dems still having a shot at holding the House, but if they lost it in any particular place, it'll be New York. 

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Boebert seems academic now. 

First and I'm guessing only time I'll hear "Boebert" and "academic" in the same sentence.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not that it's a sure thing yet with the dems still having a shot at holding the House, but if they lost it in any particular place, it'll be New York. 

I'm not seeing the House pathway

15 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

As an aside, Florida used to be a complete shitshow with election logistics and such.

Tonight, every race has been called, and this is a state with over 20 million people.

That's how you do it. 

Presumably they started to count mail ballots early?

You can vote by mail in FL, right?

Just now, homersapien said:

Presumably they started to count mail ballots early?

You can vote by mail in FL, right?

Yes.  They start counting early.  Its actually a good way of doing business.

• Like 1