The Red Wave (Tsunami) in two weeks

I_M4_AU

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not seeing the House pathway

Wonder if trump and McConnell want to rethink that whole run without issues in 2022 thingy? Seems like trump took a huge realism enema last nite. Bombast ain’t selling anymore it seems. 

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Could be a signal that it is time for the rise of the Independent candidate and, the independent voter.

Would be nice to see some real competition for these two. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I honestly think this is why Georgia has two Democratic Senators and Warnock may get re-elected.

Statewide level races show that Georgia is still red with traditional Rs running.  But the last two cycles, state Republicans there have run bad Trump-style candidates and are consistently losing.

As a Dem voter, I'll take it, but Rs have shot themselves in the foot multiple times without learning the lesson.

The reason GA has swung like it has in my opinion is migration. People moving into the state from blue states and settling into the big cities. Some of the same reasons FL has become Arkansas. 

Didn't really know where to put this, as it's not a national race, but how bad a candidate do you have to be to lose to a dead candidate, one who died a month ago, to boot?

"Nah, we'd rather do a special election than have you as our rep."

Green party platform not selling well in this corner of Pennsylvania, apparently.

PA state rep re-elected posthumously

14 hours ago, AUDub said:

They're all scared of him. The cult of personality is strong. 

Yes, but Trump likely cost the Republican party more than a few seats.  Hell, even the Democratic ploy to support some of endorsements turned out in hindsight to be a pretty smart move.

So it's least possible this election may start to undermine his support from the "normal" Republicans and some of the "fringe" of the cult. 

No doubt the "true believers" will just double down.  Like you said, that cult is strong. 

Man, I really hope Biden declines to run again.  Klobuchar for president!

(Hopefully that cult will come through and put up Trump again.) ;D

I didn't expect to see Lenny Dykstra shooting his shot with boebert today

• Haha 1

Just now, AUDub said:

I didn't expect to see Lenny Dykstra again ever.

Angling for an MMA pay-per view with her husband maybe?

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It played a massive role.  Voter turnout from 18-29 was through the roof and broke heavily for Dems (+29).  Most of that is attributed to Dobbs.

Man.  The irony that we should be grateful for the SCOTUS right wingers (and Trump) is making me dizzy with cognitive dissonance.

But it's a happy dissonance.  ;D

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I didn't expect to see Lenny Dykstra again ever.

Angling for an MMA pay-per view with her husband maybe?

He's a right wing twittiot now.

Needs to pony up. She doesn't do that stuff for free. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Lenny and Gun Show Barbie seem like a good match.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

hmmm.

Old whites vote more than young whites. More news at one.

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Only part I disagree with is Biden not being a drain. I don't think it was necessarily severe, but I think it was still a lesser-of-two-evils that was more afraid of what the Republican Party has become. Another candidate needs to emerge for the Democrats, because I think it would be a mistake for Biden to be the nominee again unless there just isn't any other realistic shot.

I want the Dems to run someone in their 50s for President. Would be such a pleasant change to have a younger president.  New Zealand's PM continues to impress me and she is far younger than 50.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The reason GA has swung like it has in my opinion is migration. People moving into the state from blue states and settling into the big cities. Some of the same reasons FL has become Arkansas. 

To a point, but that ignores ticket splitting.  Lots of R Kemp voters didn't vote for Walker.  And that looks to be the difference.

State level Rs won all over the ballot in Georgia.  Walker is a uniquely bad candidate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

I want the Dems to run someone in their 50s for President. Would be such a pleasant change to have a younger president.  New Zealand's PM continues to impress me and she is far younger than 50.

Would love to see Pete Buttigieg as the nominee. Unfortunately I just don't think enough in this county are ready for a gay president. Would love to be proven wrong.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To a point, but that ignores ticket splitting.  Lots of R Kemp voters didn't vote for Walker.  And that looks to be the difference.

State level Rs won all over the ballot in Georgia.  Walker is a uniquely bad candidate.

Very bad.....

37 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

hmmm.

39% from Latino and 13% from Black Americans is pretty good for the GoP. The Asian number is a bit surprising. Those Others seem to be confused. lol 

Those damn white people. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

This dude thinks Elon endorsing Rs helped?  Wow....

Government by sh*t post 

• Haha 2