The Red Wave (Tsunami) in two weeks

I_M4_AU

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I understand Putin is a Republican ally.  I understand you are not an American.  You are a Republican.

Please continue cheerleading for the Russia and the party.

Your diversion is noted.  You are about to see Republicans having a majority in the House and, most likely the Senate, because your authoritarian leader did not put Americans first.

Deal with it and pray Jesus guides these leaders to the best conclusion to this proxy war.

• Like 2

If the GOP takes both chambers or even just the House, I really don't see anything changing.  Definitely not legislatively - it will just be a two year pissing match. 

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

If the GOP takes both chambers or even just the House, I really don't see anything changing.  Definitely not legislatively - it will just be a two year pissing match. 

I’d be ok with our legislative branch taking a decade off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I’d be ok with our legislative branch taking a decade off.

Yeah but we've seen that play out.  Then you just get executive overreach and authoritarianism.  A working democracy sounds better to me than 10 years off.  But what do I know ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Yeah but we've seen that play out.  Then you just get executive overreach and authoritarianism.  A working democracy sounds better to me than 10 years off.  But what do I know ...

Give the executive branch a vacation too!

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You assume a lot.  My enemy is anything that threatens America.  If Ukraine ends up negotiating a peace, which will allow Russia to save face and presumably give Russia more territory, will be the best outcome to ensure America isn’t drawn into some boots on the ground war.

If Zelenskyy is thinking about a negotiated peace, who blinked first?

The enemy that threatens America is the Putin. 

Appeasement does not discourage such dictators, just the opposite. It leads to further aggression, until "American boots" most certainly will be on the ground.

We learned that lesson last century.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your diversion is noted.  You are about to see Republicans having a majority in the House and, most likely the Senate, because your authoritarian leader did not put Americans first.

Deal with it and pray Jesus guides these leaders to the best conclusion to this proxy war.

Ukraine is not a "proxy" war.  Korea was a proxy war.

If we withdraw our financial and arms support from Ukraine, a NATO country will be next on Putin's list. Now that will result in a real war.

Hoping Jesus will prevent it is hardly a realistic strategy. :rolleyes:

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Ukraine is not a "proxy" war.  Korea was a proxy war.

If we withdraw our financial and arms support from Ukraine, a NATO country will be next on Putin's list. Now that will result in a real war.

Hoping Jesus will prevent it is hardly a realistic strategy. :rolleyes:

You don’t know how prayer works do you?

Edited by I_M4_AU

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The enemy that threatens America is the Putin. 

Appeasement does not discourage such dictators, just the opposite. It leads to further aggression, until "American boots" most certainly will be on the ground.

We learned that lesson last century.

Obama was Mr Appeasement personified.  Biden has yet to prove he can do better.

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Obama was Mr Appeasement personified.  Biden has yet to prove he can do better.

I agree Obama made several critical mistakes with Putin that one might label as appeasement - mstakes that might very well have led to Putin thinking he could get away with invading Ukraine with little reaction. (Thus proving my point.)

I disagree about Biden.  While he has also made mistakes  his reaction to the invasion of Ukraine has been masterful. 

And I am willing to bet that's the way history will see it, at least so far.

Edited by homersapien

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I know that "Gott mit uns" is pretty flimsy as a practical military policy. 

But you do you. ;)

As I said; pray for guidance to those who make the military decisions.  Praying that God’s will be done. I have no power, other than prayer, as to what happens.

God be with us is for use after those decisions are made.

NYT needle is up. About what what expected. Senate toss up, GOP house. 

50 minutes ago, AUDub said:

NYT needle is up. About what what expected. Senate toss up, GOP house. 

I started paying attention to NYT election needle after you mentioned it a few years back, as well as Nate Cohn. Thanks for (unintentionally) recommending.

As an aside, Florida used to be a complete shitshow with election logistics and such.

Tonight, every race has been called, and this is a state with over 20 million people.

That's how you do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I started paying attention to NYT election needle after you mentioned it a few years back, as well as Nate Cohn. Thanks for (unintentionally) recommending.

Cohn is a decent follow. Get the other Nate too, Nate Silver. Nate Silver knows his s***. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Cohn is a decent follow. Get the other Nate too, Nate Silver. Nate Silver knows his s***. 

Perhaps I mixed up my Nates. Is Silver the analytic guru that ESPN uses from time to time?

Yes

Silver as a whizz at this stuff. If he talks, I listen. He had one bad slip in 2016 with the Republican primary, but he learned from that. 

Not that Cohn isn't a good follow either. People do call them "the Nates" collectively. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m still hanging out on the beach.

Tie one on for me, Tex. Been a decent evening all things considered. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Tie one off for me, Tex. Been a decent evening all things considered. 

My toes have gotten a little wet, water's slightly choppy, but calmer than expected so far.

• Like 1