The Red Wave (Tsunami) in two weeks

I_M4_AU

3 hours ago, Didba said:

I want the Dems to run someone in their 50s for President. Would be such a pleasant change to have a younger president.  New Zealand's PM continues to impress me and she is far younger than 50.

I'd settle for early 60's: 

https://amyklobuchar.com/

But I'm open. ;D

Edited by homersapien

19 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Democrats should be praying to their deity of choice that Trump is the Republican candidate in two years, and if he is, team Red would deserve whatever fate befalls it.

Agree

People can make all the excuses in the world, but at the end of the day it is quite simple, turnout. Just like 2020 the Dems outworked Reps in that regard. Math y'all.

43 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Polling SMH

Polling was actually very good. 

But Deere lowered the pundits were awful. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Polling SMH

WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO NATE SILVER?!

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Would love to see Pete Buttigieg as the nominee. Unfortunately I just don't think enough in this county are ready for a gay president. Would love to be proven wrong.

Me too, bud. He was in my mind when I typed out that post. This country isn’t ready for a gay or female president. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Me too, bud. He was in my mind when I typed out that post. This country isn’t ready for a gay or female president. 

Female I think we're ready. Just not Hillary.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO NATE SILVER?!

You turned us on to him years ago. Props. I listen almost exclusively. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

People can make all the excuses in the world, but at the end of the day it is quite simple, turnout. Just like 2020 the Dems outworked Reps in that regard. Math y'all.

We can only hope Trump will think it's only because he wasn't on he ballet. (And he will.)

Edited by homersapien

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not sure you can say most Black Americans are here due to “immigration.” On the other hand, most white folks are.

asasddsa.gif.e8f2f4fb954dc60c6246dd2d75e79129.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i can let you talk to dr oz.......here is over here raking my leaves. being a republican i sure hope he does not fall out of that tree.

Nah, that's okay, it's more of a job for brain-damaged Lurch.  Besides, when could you afford a heart surgeon ?

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Polling was actually very good. 

But Deere lowered the pundits were awful. 

The nonpartisan polls were pretty solid, but outnumbered on RCP by Republican polls with inflated R numbers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The nonpartisan polls were pretty solid, but outnumbered on RCP by Republican polls with inflated R numbers.

It's becoming clearer with every passing election that RCP is not a neutral polling aggregator at this point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Gotta really squint and tilt your head to catch the edge of it.

At this point I just hope Boebert loses. Everything else is gravy. 

(There's a little spite here)

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Democrats should be praying to their deity of choice that Trump is the Republican candidate in two years, and if he is, team Red would deserve whatever fate befalls it.

The Dems won’t have to pray to their deity, all they have to do is not indict Trump on anything and let it hang over Trump’s head until the 2024 election.  It is the same strategy of financing some of the more radical Republicans to go up against their vulnerable Dems.  It worked against Buldoc and Oz.  Of course, Trump picked the worst candidates for the most vulnerable Dems he could.

To borrow a line from @aubiefifty, *I blame Trump* for this mess.  This is a blessing in disguise IF the Republicans can wake up and distance themselves from Trump.  I had been hoping the the Dems would indict him on something, but that would be the easy way out.  The leadership of the Republican Party will have to man up and nominate someone else.

The issue there is Trump will be egotistical enough to run as a third party and destroy any chance for someone else to be successful.  Can the man sacrifice personal pride for the betterment of the party?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can the man sacrifice personal pride for the betterment of the party?

Why don't we ask him.

"Sir, would you be able to sacrifice personal pride for..."

"No"

• Haha 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

Why don't we ask him.

"Sir, would you be able to sacrifice personal pride for..."

"No"

It does appear that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

It's becoming clearer with every passing election that RCP is not a neutral polling aggregator at this point. 

They’ve always had a conservative lean, but made an effort to be straight shooters 20 years ago. Been a long slide that accelerated these last few years. Tom Bevan is an a*#hole.