2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

😄  Basically dodged an answer. Well played Prime. 

Fraudulent slip? 😂 Freiduan Dion, it’s Freudian slip.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

Seriously though, to me there are only 3 names- Rhule, Prime and Freeze.

Kiffin will be given more a look than Rhule.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Kiffin will be given more a look than Rhule.

Yep, I think you are right.   So I guess you can see the PTB don't come to me for advice.

• Haha 1

Idk about anyone else, but are you dreading the next 6 weeks?

Every message board is having literally the same conversation every day. It's terrible 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Every message board is having literally the same conversation every day. It's terrible 

Not as bad as I was dreading watching Harsin coach another game.   I'm actually excited now to see what we can doe without the loadstone around our necks.   As far as the message boards go, you get to see a lot of funny memes for the next 6 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yep everyone from Aubie to Vince Lombardi will be "trending" as the leading HC candidate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Which one because clearly you misspelled it and may need a little help on it yourself

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Noticed that lol

On 11/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

I think you are selling us old white people short!!!! Hip hop might not be my jam, but winning is.  And I want the players to work hard and have fun representing Auburn University.  

yep but you and I don't get to decide. If only the boosters would ask their kids who to hire...If  somehow Prime ended up here, AU would be the most fun place to play and be a fan of, in college footaball, at any level. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

yep but you and I don't get to decide. If only the boosters would ask their kids who to hire...If  somehow Prime ended up here, AU would be the most fun place to play and be a fan of, in college footaball, at any level. 

It would be fun, but more fun if we are winning.  I’m leaning toward Deion.  I would love to see him come, keep Caddy and Zac, and mentor Caddy to become the next Auburn head football coach when he leaves.  

BUT, would Deion want to come is the big question!!!??

6 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It would be fun, but more fun if we are winning.  I’m leaning toward Deion.  I would love to see him come, keep Caddy and Zac, and mentor Caddy to become the next Auburn head football coach when he leaves.  

Who knows- I hope Bo and Charles are chiming in with the deciders and with Deon. It's impossible to ignore now with most of the national media agreeing that Auburn would be the highest profile vacancy where Prime could shine. Everyone wants to see what he would do vs. Bammer and Ugga. The Aflac commercials would be great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It's the+64,000 dollar question that I can't wait to find the answer to.

5 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

Are you sure he didn't mean exactly what he said?

I thought it was funny. He is a football coach after all. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleT said:

I think Dion would be interesting. You know he’s lost five games at Jacksonville State?

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Which one because clearly you misspelled it and may need a little help on it yourself

Finding out now both Lane Kiffin and Stoops were interested in the job in 2020, but AD Allen Green hired Harsin. 

I mean, talk about a fraudulent slip!

Edited by AU-24
  • Thanks 2

On 10/31/2022 at 6:40 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

U got Deions phone tapped?

Nah.. they are tweeting that he is on a flight to Atl tomorrow.  So people think he will be in AU.  For those worried about his lack of experience, go take a look at his staff that he has at JSU.  Lot of SEC experience by a few coaches and a lot of NFL coaching.  Oh and yeah they have a few HS coaching but take a look at some of their histories...

2 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Nah.. they are tweeting that he is on a flight to Atl tomorrow.  So people think he will be in AU.  For those worried about his lack of experience, go take a look at his staff that he has at JSU.  Lot of SEC experience by a few coaches and a lot of NFL coaching.  Oh and yeah they have a few HS coaching but take a look at some of their histories...

I doubt if Deion takes a visit to AU, it will be thru ATL

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I doubt if Deion takes a visit to AU, it will be thru ATL

Yep we would send our jet.  But again it is running on Twitter...